It was just one of those nights.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Rico_CotC_ #1 Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 224 battles

Nothing I did was right.  Tried to stick with my team, almost always found myself on the wrong end of a massacre.  I'd be flying with four of my team mates, engage two red team to chase them off the tails of my mates, then look up to find I'm all alone in a flipped cap.

Ummm, okay.  Try to hold an airbase against a determined red team attack while the rest of my team mixes it up in the middle 6 on 2, over no targets. 

Be constantly in the wrong aircraft for the map/mission type. 

Finally, in disgust, I dusted off an old German fighter that I had not had a good impression of back in the day.  Hey, the Ar-68 is a very capable machine, and with 4 MGs loaded with universal, it does a pretty good job.  I flew it a couple of times to get the pilot up to 100%,   It also has promise as a seal-clubber.

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:28 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 950 battles
Ar68 is a great sealclubber :P I haven't flown it in a while either, but I used to fly it a lot to grind my Batplane pilot. Maybe I should have a go at it again - haven't been having much luck recently - my WR has dropped nearly a full % point.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #3 Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1440 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

I've lost at least four out of five battles or else played like absolute crap as matches run out in five or less minutes since I unlocked the tier VIII Mustang last night, and now seem to be getting shat on even more than per usual.

Switching to another plane hasn't helped out any at all, blue just keeps losing, including those matches when the bots can even be bothered to TRY and capture something instead of a headlong rush to die in a furball.

After this weekend, and now today, if I am alone on a team versus a red bomber player I recognize I'm just going to drop back to hangar rather than waste ten minutes trying to recap behind something that caps at will.

Case in point; here earlier I was in tier IV with (2) player bombers per side, flying about watching them crisscross the map at extreme altitudes capturing while nigh untouchable.

Unfortunately I wasn't alone on the team, so I had to stay, and I'm not exaggerating that it was boring as all get out until one side finally pointed out; needless to say they were the only folks that got a reasonable score.

@ WG:

Human piloted bombers are neither FUN nor ENGAGING; no different really than the effing jackhole OP as [edited] 'Spitfire of which your [edited] [edited] matchmaker insists on placing three to one in favor of red ALL THE TIME.

That y'all cannot understand such simple frakking points is beyond the levels of ordinary absurdity, bordering into ''We WANT to be done with this game, so everybody leave it, and if you won't we'll make you.'' territory.

And yeah, I know I'm whistling into the wind expecting any of that to even be noticed, let alone ever see any kind of change for the better.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 12 February 2018 - 11:27 PM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.'' - Wendy Mass

comtedumas #4 Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2767 battles
  • [FK] FK

I love the bombers, and GAA, i can do fighters, but i think with my old age (52) and slower reflexes, bombers and GAA are better for me.

Heard on the forum.  "1.9 was a hardcore air combat sim.  And it had a lead indicator"  HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rico_CotC_ #5 Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 224 battles

Aaaaaaand, tonight was exactly the opposite.  I could do no wrong.  I have no idea why one night sucks SO hard, and the next night is like all the red aircraft fall into my sight picture at 10% HP and trailing fire.  It was literally like that when I flew my Spit V DB605.  As soon as I would flame one, I would turn and flame another.  25k points, for doing nothing more than finishing off what my team mates started.

The Ar-68 flights were exactly the same.  It make zero sense.

SpiritFoxMY #6 Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:17 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 950 battles
You're lucky. I haven't had a good set of games in over a week. Only time I did well was flighted with my cousin. With two of us on the field we could at least hope to carry a potato team. But 'twas still mostly bots.

ComradeZ #7 Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:22 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1324 battles
  • [T-S-I] T-S-I
Tonight I've only had bots on my team. Once every 3-6 games do I have a human on my side.  Oh, but the OTHER team has up to 4-5 humans damn near every time.   WG, unscrew your crap matchmaking. 

wscarter007 #8 Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:57 PM

Senior Airman

• 1648 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

I tend to have one of those nights more then a good night. It's mainly due to me doing things I know are wrong but still catch myself doing :amazed:.  Some of my greatest moments include going after a A26 in a zero, chasing after someone up high in a mid-low altitude fighter,  and diving in a ball of red alone to find myself instantly being turned into a ball of flames. :rolleyes:

Rico_CotC_ #9 Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 224 battles

View PostComradeZ, on 13 February 2018 - 05:22 AM, said:

WG, unscrew your crap matchmaking. 

Seriously.

I mean, I'm the same guy, with the same skills, with the same plane, on the same map, with the same physics.  I could see if I were in a game with a bunch of humans, and if a few had a bad night and didn't play well, then that might be a disaster for our team.  But when its bots and four total humans, I find it hard to believe that one night I spend more time waiting for spawn than actually flying, and the next night doing the equivalent of a T6 seal clubbing event.  As far as it goes, I probably spend more time on the losing end than the winning end - I need to figure out how better to flip caps using a LF.

trikke #10 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:01 PM

• 1129 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postcomtedumas, on 12 February 2018 - 06:41 PM, said:

I love the bombers, and GAA, i can do fighters, but i think with my old age (52) and slower reflexes, bombers and GAA are better for me.

i'm right there with you, plus 12 years...  but i cannot stop myself from clicking on those LFs

i really enjoy heavies, give them another try?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

NorthernPorter #11 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 683 battles
  • [TWE] TWE

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 12 February 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

Ar68 is a great sealclubber I haven't flown it in a while either, but I used to fly it a lot to grind my Batplane pilot. 

Is your Batplane the HGIII? I figured it must be German to have the Ar68 as a trainer and I know you like the 262.

I've just seen you mention the Batplane before and was never sure what you meant because there have been several "Batplanes" over the years.

SpiritFoxMY #12 Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:02 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 950 battles

View PostNorthernPorter, on 13 February 2018 - 08:51 PM, said:

Is your Batplane the HGIII? I figured it must be German to have the Ar68 as a trainer and I know you like the 262.

I've just seen you mention the Batplane before and was never sure what you meant because there have been several "Batplanes" over the years.

No - its the Blohm und Voss line :p they look like bats and when pyantoryng called them "batplanes" I just assumed they were the only bats in the game.

And... it would be an exaggeration to say I like the 262. I WANT to like it and be good at it. Right now its neither though. And given the recent matchmaking I've been in, learning to use it will probably mean sacrificing my WR all the way down to the 40% mark :( 

NorthernPorter #13 Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 683 battles
  • [TWE] TWE

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 13 February 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

No - its the Blohm und Voss line :p they look like bats and when pyantoryng called them "batplanes" 

Ah... well now that you mention it, yeah I guess that line does kind of look like bats. I was thinking it referred to Batman's Batplane. And I must of confused you with pyantoryng with the 262. Either way, thanks for the insight!

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #14 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:25 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1440 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

View PostRico_CotC_, on 13 February 2018 - 01:59 AM, said:

Aaaaaaand, tonight was exactly the opposite.  I could do no wrong. 

I have no idea why one night sucks SO hard, and the next night is like all the red aircraft fall into my sight picture at 10% HP and trailing fire. 

It make zero sense.

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 13 February 2018 - 02:17 AM, said:

I haven't had a good set of games in over a week.

View Postwscarter007, on 13 February 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

I tend to have one of those nights more then a good night.

View PostRico_CotC_, on 13 February 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

I find it hard to believe that one night I spend more time waiting for spawn than actually flying, and the next night doing the equivalent of a T6 seal clubbing event.

So very much all of this ^^; my session this evening was inexcusable, with just six games won out of around two dozen! - SIX.DAMN.GAMES. - what is even the point of trying to score well, play to the mode, and win?

And those few wins were with grossly OP planes, two with the tier IV premium LaGG plus three out of five with the Pancake, then a Mustang match where I ended up on the same team as a purple player.

I don't mind (or can make myself not care) losing because losses happen, should happen really, with any title and sometimes having a great game was worth the defeat.

That being said though, about losing, isn't in any way the same thing as that I always mind futility, nor do I think much anyone else EVER enjoys having been defeated before they even got a chance to play.

There should always be a chance for a turn-around victory with most games if conditions are correctly setup so as to allow for a fair and equitable outcome.

Anything else belongs in a simulation title; inclusions that render any choice impotent in any manner at the expense of that player in non-simulation gaming is incredibly poor design.

No one, at all, ever, enjoys having to sit out of a game or match within a larger title because their playstyle choices are incapable of effecting anything once it starts.

Not to mention that just because a loophole exists allowing one player to effectively shut down another without response doesn't/shouldn't equate to that flaw being considered a ''go to'' choice.

For example;

If playing the Dominion deck-building game and only one person was allowed to utilize the curse pile, with no counters in the kingdom cards, how soon would everyone else leave the table and not return.

Or, if in a PvP MMOG, everyone was allowed to play ninjas save that the newest to join members must ALWAYS be a farmer for a not insignificant number of matches; how long does anyone think ''that guy'' will hang around.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 16 February 2018 - 03:35 PM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.'' - Wendy Mass

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users