The Good, The Bad and The Curious....

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

LMG #21 Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2026 battles

The Good: The soviet GAA line. Each aircraft is a lot more fun than the previous one by constantly improving significantly different aspects of the aircraft, whether it is the guns it equips, the ordnance available or the reargun :playing:

The Bad: The Ju 87 Stuka when stock. It has nothing to work with as a GAA with only 20mm cannons equipped. It can only take out soft targets, and it kinda struggles at that. Just free xp the 37s or test your luck shooting at aircraft :ohmy:

The Curious: The Hawker Tornado. On the Hurricane II the quad 20mm cannons rip apart all enemies you face, even ground targets. The Tornado has the same equipment, except it's facing stronger opponents, so the main advantage of the aircraft is kinda thrown out the window :facepalm:. I ended up selling it after two matches, but something irked me and I bought it back. After getting most upgrades, the Tornado redeemed itself by being noticeably better at moving around than the Hurricane II. It can chase heavies and run away from most aircraft that turn better, and the six rockets are a nice addition to its anti-ground capabilities (though I'd prefer better bombs instead, but I can work with this :sceptic:). The guns are still just ok for the tier, but at least they're not the only thing going for the plane anymore :great:

Edited by LMG, 12 February 2018 - 09:02 PM.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

YagabodooN #22 Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:12 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1775 battles

Good

- XFL-1 Airbonita, oh god that 37mm cannon is fun to crunch another fighter with

- XF5U Pancake, you ever get a feeling that a plane is just made for you?  Great strengths, workable shortcomings, one of the best in the game

Bad

- russian T4 I-17 fighter or whatever its called... oh my god the worst engine performance in the history of ever, no flaps and its uuuuggggllllllyyyyyyyyyy

- Brewster Buffalo, boring, feels like a worse bearcat and the 'pudgy' appearance is a pain to look at

Curious

- BF109 line, Bad damage, turning circle on the bad side of average, but good energy retention and good speed.  I can't decide if I love or hate em, its like they were made to BnZ, and I like to BnZ for sure; but the low damage really is a bummer. 

trikke #23 Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2260 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostYagabodooN, on 12 February 2018 - 09:12 PM, said:

Bad

- russian T4 I-17 fighter or whatever its called... oh my god the worst engine performance in the history of ever, no flaps and its uuuuggggllllllyyyyyyyyyy

bought, upgraded, flew it...  insta-sold it

i do see others flying it, but not doing well in it

i read in wikipedia that they were built using kindling wood and charcoal briquettes

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

pyantoryng #24 Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:22 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1670 battles

View Posttrikke, on 13 February 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

bought, upgraded, flew it...  insta-sold it

i do see others flying it, but not doing well in it

i read in wikipedia that they were built using kindling wood and charcoal briquettes

Look at how cramped the cockpit is...:sceptic:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Blucraft #25 Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1351 battles

The Good(s):

These are my go to planes:

P-38F

RB17

XF5U

The Bad:

ANY ground attack plane :angry:...I just can't get into them.  Not my style...

The Curious:

I enjoy the T5 premium XF4U, but the tech tree F4U line gives me fits!  The guns just overheat too quickly for my liking.  

-Blu

Dru83 #26 Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2365 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

The Good:

All Spitfires all the time... I'm currently flying the Attacker with it's nice firepower and fast speed, but I still have my Spitfire 1a for some tier 5 fun to complete daily missions.

The Bad:

FW-190 line - I wanted to like these so much, and they can be fun at times with lots of firepower, but if you make a mistake, the enemy will be all over you. The only good thing about the 190s is they lead to the BV 210

The Curious:

Me-262 - I just can't find success in this thing, yet it's so cool I can't bear to part with it either.

J8M - Same as Me-262, it is pretty much limited to taking out bombers and heavies who aren't paying attention, but it's just so cool.

Su-9 - I haven't found a way to get many wins with this one either, but I can't convince myself to give up. Big derpy cannons outweigh the disappointing speed, maneuverability and altitude.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users