first time flying on the weekend...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

trikke #1 Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2009 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

...but no 3x, darn it!

i'm usually a noon weekdays EST guy, so i was nervous concerned about the numbers and skill levels of the pilots i would meet today

turns out...  mostly just as bad as me, with some notable exceptions

except for my excellent flight partner Toggle, most of them were making the same rookie mistakes that i always make

i wish that i could remember the name of the guy who did extremely well in the 2-3 battles that we were pitted against him

larson_009, maybe lawson_009, whatever your name was...  o7

we looked him up...  mid-high 40s WR, but he flew like a champion this afternoon!

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2162 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

And I never bumped into you D: for shame! 

Too bad you picked the one weekend in forever that didn't have a x3 for airplane XP but at least there was the x2 crew XP

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Toggle #3 Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:54 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 2735 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

You know that was way passed my bedtime, Trikke.  My eye lids felt like sand paper when we finally called it a day.  It's always good to have a witness when I auger my GA into a building too.  Have I mentioned how much I suck at GA?

pyantoryng #4 Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:26 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1494 battles

In Tanks and Ships population pretty much doubles during weekends...same goes for Planes, but the effect of doubling is very different...

Tanks and Ships easily exceed 10k while Planes would barely be at 500 or so, I think WG is still in denial of Planes' population whether it has turned for better or worse...

What this means is, that weekends make little difference in Planes as opposed to Tanks or Ships...you are still toasting bots either way.

Edited by pyantoryng, 12 February 2018 - 01:26 PM.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

tahee59 #5 Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles

I to did play my first weekend.

Dang how many times do I have to leave Vulcn to get the tag removed?

Edited by tahee59, 12 February 2018 - 01:48 PM.

IronWolfV #6 Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 277 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 12 February 2018 - 07:26 AM, said:

In Tanks and Ships population pretty much doubles during weekends...same goes for Planes, but the effect of doubling is very different...

Tanks and Ships easily exceed 10k while Planes would barely be at 500 or so, I think WG is still in denial of Planes' population whether it has turned for better or worse...

What this means is, that weekends make little difference in Planes as opposed to Tanks or Ships...you are still toasting bots either way.

well if we had 2.0 at launch instead of what planes had, might actually have a population. But that's just my 2 cents.

WG still has a big job overcoming that stigma of coming out of CBT and how bad it was for most people.

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

-Starbuck, Battlestar Galactica

Doc_Ebs #7 Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:11 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1025 battles
  • [FPOA] FPOA
Wasn't my first weekend but I think because the "Japanese March of Nations" sales they didnt do the x3 weekend. Had a great bout this weekend. Still floating around 60-61% wr picked up both tier 7 Japanese fighters and even the tier 7 corsair! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users