New players... pay attention to your ammo type! (use Universal)

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Worland #21 Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:08 AM

Master Sergeant

• 436 battles
Learned something new. Thanks! Had a bunch of incendiary ammo in depot. Flew a couple of battles with it. Oh, that was fun. Burn, baby burn.

trikke #22 Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2276 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
i flew so many battles with only basic ammo...   because i just didn't know things
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

comtedumas #23 Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:40 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 5134 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostIronWolfV, on 11 February 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

I could use universal in my fighters, but for Bombers and GAA, what's the point? Almost never use the front guns and if I do, already hit hard enough to do the job.

A26B and universal are a match made in heaven.  And GAA need it as well, especially German GAA.  Fires on builds are well worth the cost.  

Edited by comtedumas, 12 February 2018 - 04:42 AM.

IronWolfV #24 Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

View Postcomtedumas, on 11 February 2018 - 10:40 PM, said:

A26B and universal are a match made in heaven.  And GAA need it as well, especially German GAA.  Fires on builds are well worth the cost.  

except I almost never fire the guns. Waste of credits.

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

-Starbuck, Battlestar Galactica

Postal_Monkey #25 Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:33 AM

Senior Airman

• 2019 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostIronWolfV, on 12 February 2018 - 04:46 AM, said:

Except you only are charged the silver if you fire a round. If you didn't fire your guns during a match, then you are not charged

Postal_Monkey #26 Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:38 AM

Senior Airman

• 2019 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostHurk, on 11 February 2018 - 04:02 PM, said:

as one of the many people starting with christmas giveaways, I have noticed myself failing to properly set my ammo (im too used to WoT)

WoWP has several types of ammo, but most of us get scared off by "gold" costs, and dont look any further, thats the mistake, planes also have a "silver" cost ammo. we just assume that is what we are already using, and that is NOT the case.

on the service window your "standard" ammo is actually the noob/free ammo. do not use that. instead load up "Universal" ammo. which is considerably better and only costs silver. dont worry, at low tiers, its too cheap to not pay for itself and performs a hell of a lot better than "standard".

if for some crazy reason you want to go back to "standard" mouse over the ammo and a X appears to demount it.

I used Standard ammo for every single match up until #775 or so and then I realized that there was a Universal option. Not sure its made much of a difference in win percent but it's probably too soon to tell any difference there.

As far as income levels are concerned, well I have noticed a difference there. With Standard ammo I would make bank. Now, I still make silver but it is less so. Not sure if the ammo type outweighs but time will tell. I might just go back to standard...

SpiritFoxMY #27 Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2788 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostPostal_Monkey, on 12 February 2018 - 05:38 AM, said:

I used Standard ammo for every single match up until #775 or so and then I realized that there was a Universal option. Not sure its made much of a difference in win percent but it's probably too soon to tell any difference there.

As far as income levels are concerned, well I have noticed a difference there. With Standard ammo I would make bank. Now, I still make silver but it is less so. Not sure if the ammo type outweighs but time will tell. I might just go back to standard...

A 262 with Universal will result in negative income per flight if you get sub 5k CP. Take it from someone who frequently gets sub 5k in the 262...

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Azanthriel #28 Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:00 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1645 battles
  • [-AK-] -AK-

View PostPostal_Monkey, on 12 February 2018 - 12:38 AM, said:

It is the cost of the upgraded ammo!

Alpha Tester World of Tanks Generals & Beta Tester For Total War Arena

hoom #29 Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:12 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3880 battles

Block Quote

Except you only are charged the silver if you fire a round. If you didn't fire your guns during a match, then you are not charged

Is this true?

I've been using Universal on nearly everything including up to T9 without any sign of profitability issues.

For a while I did use Standard on the bigger cannon but have more recently switched smaller (sub 12.7mm) MGs to Standard on a bunch of planes where they are distinctly not the main weapon, big cannon to Universal, still seem to be making plenty of profit.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

comtedumas #30 Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:46 AM

• 5134 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostIronWolfV, on 11 February 2018 - 11:46 PM, said:

nah, use the turret to knockout the engine of a pursuing fighter, then flip around real quick and blast them out of the air with the 6 .50s, worth every penny.  

Edited by comtedumas, 12 February 2018 - 07:47 AM.

pyantoryng #31 Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:56 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1670 battles

Tier 10 screams MUNNY

Spoiler

WoWP...only place in the trilogy where you can constantly profit in tier 10...without paying any gold.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

IronWolfV #32 Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

View PostPostal_Monkey, on 11 February 2018 - 11:33 PM, said:

Might use universal for MGs now that am hitting tier 4, cannons, not needed. For my.bombers, waste of time. Don't use the guns enough to justify it.

View Postcomtedumas, on 12 February 2018 - 01:46 AM, said:

nah, use the turret to knockout the engine of a pursuing fighter, then flip around real quick and blast them out of the air with the 6 .50s, worth every penny.  

If you do low level bomb runs, you're not using the guns much. Maybe every once in a while I might take out a GAA, but most times I don't use those 50s.

And while not as easy or credit building as high altitude, sure as hell fun. So you're not going to sell me on universal for the A26B. I simply don't use my forward guns enough to justify it.

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

CorvusCorvax #33 Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1486 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postcomtedumas, on 12 February 2018 - 04:40 AM, said:

You had my number last night, and you didn't even need to use universal!  :)  In fairness, attacking an A-26 with a Bf-109E isn't going to work out unless the A-26 is down to <200HP.  And I might have been better-used to try and flip caps instead of defending the zone I was in, but for a while there, I actually had air defense aircraft.  :)

LMG #34 Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2054 battles

View PostRico_CotC_, on 12 February 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

You had my number last night, and you didn't even need to use universal!  :)  In fairness, attacking an A-26 with a Bf-109E isn't going to work out unless the A-26 is down to <200HP.  And I might have been better-used to try and flip caps instead of defending the zone I was in, but for a while there, I actually had air defense aircraft.  :)

The A-26B's reargun has the DPS of a tier VII GAA at tier VI. It will tear anything it sees apart

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #35 Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

View Postpoisonousblood, on 11 February 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

just crossed 3k games, i still dont use any universal shells. It is not the ammo that determines the skill of a player, it is the experience.

View Postpyantoryng, on 11 February 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

cannon shells and concentrated machine gun fire rip straight through planes anyway...

View PostIronWolfV, on 11 February 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

Standard gets the job done so I don't bother with universal.

As per usual, I would seem to be playing an entirely different gaming title from what many of the rest of you are enjoying; one where the guns burn out even with careful burst fire before knocking the last few health off a target.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

IronWolfV #36 Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 12 February 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

As per usual, I would seem to be playing an entirely different gaming title from what many of the rest of you are enjoying; one where the guns burn out even with careful burst fire before knocking the last few health off a target.

And right now I'm playing BOMBERS. Where 9 times out of 10, I'm not using guns to begin with

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users