Master Sergeant

• 512 battles
which target is the most juicy to bomb?

The_Chiv #2 Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:16 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3017 battles
  • [-BAD] -BAD

There is no universal so to speak as each type of capture as different value per the four main categories.

the categories are 4,6,8.10 structures per are block.

• 4, aa defense, square tent formations, some housing structures on air bases. these tend to give about very little cp when attacking a zone.
  • 6 barracks with 3 rectangles and 3 tents, cooling towers and tanks, buildings and pavilions. 6 tents. These tend to give more then 4's but the amount can vary a bit depending on the zone and the tier.
  • 8 Missle base, large structure. This tend to give a decent amount of cp and should be the first target you take out when attacking the mil base.
  • 10. Main factory at the mine. One of the hardest to clear in one pass as it has 4 soft targets 2 medium targets and 4 hard targets. In general a Russian Il20 and above can clear this with just guns and rockets in one pass. Most cp.

It should also be noted that planes also have a cp value when caping as well. Air defense fighters tend to be 40 cp per zone, heavy fighters tend to be a bit more and enemy team also gives cp when over zone, I cant remember the amount at this time but it is posted somewhere on this forum.

Edited by The_Chiv, 11 February 2018 - 03:18 AM.

LMG #3 Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2252 battles

The general idea is: the bigger the ground target, the more points it gives. It varies from sector to sector, but Mining Facilities, Military Bases and Command Centers always have a central ground target that's worth a lot, usually around half of what you need to capture the sector

Edited by LMG, 11 February 2018 - 04:21 AM.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SpiritFoxMY #4 Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3032 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Red Circles indicate primary targets - killing those nets the most capture points. You want to make sure you kill them before your enemy does

Orange indicates secondaries - these also net a decent amount of points. Save some bombs for these.

Yellow Circles indicate optional targets - these net the fewest capture points and are often not worth the trouble/ordnance to kill

The Blue Circle on the airbase is the Repair Depot - it doesn't net any capture points but it does prevent your opponent from repairing himself.

Not covered - Destroyers: these only appear on some maps but should be considered secondary targets. 

Airbase:

Airfield:

Command Center:

Factory/Plant:

Garrison:

Missile Base:

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 11 February 2018 - 04:54 AM.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

SpiritFoxMY #5 Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3032 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

As a rule of thumb, the Command Center and Garrison can both be one-loaded by all the German bombers. You have to kill ALL targets indicated on the screengrabs to do it, but that can be accomplished with careful bombing and the Demolition Expert skill.

The Plant/Factory is a bit more of a hit-and-miss because all your potential targets are Secondary and thus have hardened buildings on them. Which means they can take two drops to take out... which thus means you really only have enough weapons on board to kill two secondaries and the primary while wounding (but not killing) the fourth target you need to cap the point. 

SpiritFoxMY #6 Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3032 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Also, these shots are all high altitude shots, so they aren't all that clear - the Garrison, for one, should have two secondaries and two tertiary targets as well. The layouts will also change depending on the map. 

cddlbunny #7 Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:56 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1000 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
 That was a very good job as I was not even aware that there were such a variance in the targets.

Toggle #8 Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:23 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 3609 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 11 February 2018 - 04:59 AM, said:

You have to kill ALL targets indicated on the screengrabs to do it, but that can be accomplished with careful bombing and the Demolition Expert skill.

I'm glad you pointed this out.  That's very important when attacking ground. 

pyantoryng #9 Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:46 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1678 battles

The ones with the most square pieces.

Avoid wasting bombs on light targets where possible.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

cobra_marksman #10 Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4033 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Every battle along with every base every present different battle tactics. Do you have support or are you flying alone. Are you in a high bomber or in a low Ga. Are you supporting you fighters, ( who are supporting you taking out the defensive fighters) . As you can see their are a number of ways you need to fly & fight, based on Who & What ...You..... are trying to accomplish. Knowing that will give your team an edge in winning the round. An example : When the round begins, you'll always have plenty of support planes helping, so take out the biggest targets in 1 pass. & let your support team clean up the remaining targets, ( to turn the flag ). You then press on to next target, do you have support following you, if so take out the targets that present a threat to them. ( he's there to support you.....so you support him first. ). If you find yourself alone, take out the targets that present the biggest threat to you first, then take out the meaty targets ( biggest points ) that will cap the flag for your team. In time & with a several battles under your belt, this will come natural. Remember...supporting your teammates in a bomber or Ga, will keep them around longer to support you on your mission also.

Edited by cobra_marksman, 11 February 2018 - 01:16 PM.

nukethefearless #11 Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:09 PM

Master Sergeant

• 512 battles
thanks for all the tips everyone!

IronWolfV #12 Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

I'm not worried about which ones give the most. I'm more worrier about taking down as many as I can.

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

-Starbuck, Battlestar Galactica

SpiritFoxMY #13 Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3032 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostIronWolfV, on 11 February 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

I'm not worried about which ones give the most. I'm more worrier about taking down as many as I can.

You're probably losing games for people like that... just make sure you clean up your targets. Do not make a habit of leaving individual buildings in a target group standing or every experienced player on this forum will try to teamkill you before you get out of the spawn.

Either way, for a bomber, your weapons are powerful enough that it doesn't really matter what you're aiming at - it takes the same number of drops to kill the Garrison Secondary as it takes to kill the Garrison Primary so you're still better off killing the primary target and gaining the larger number of capture points than just randomly blazing away at ground targets

trikke #14 Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2432 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postcddlbunny0, on 11 February 2018 - 03:56 AM, said:

That was a very good job as I was not even aware that there were such a variance in the targets.

to be truthful, it took about 700 battles before i figured that out...   right about the time i got my first bomber 

completely unaware and blissfully ignorant

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Toggle #15 Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:55 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 3609 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Posttrikke, on 11 February 2018 - 03:04 PM, said:

completely unaware and blissfully ignorant

And flying with me.  :teethhappy:

IronWolfV #16 Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 11 February 2018 - 08:33 AM, said:

You're probably losing games for people like that... just make sure you clean up your targets. Do not make a habit of leaving individual buildings in a target group standing or every experienced player on this forum will try to teamkill you before you get out of the spawn.

Either way, for a bomber, your weapons are powerful enough that it doesn't really matter what you're aiming at - it takes the same number of drops to kill the Garrison Secondary as it takes to kill the Garrison Primary so you're still better off killing the primary target and gaining the larger number of capture points than just randomly blazing away at ground targets

naa. How I set up, how many targets can I hit in 1 straight shot in a pass. Example taking a Garrison in my A26B. I'll more line it up so I can hit as many target clusters in one pass as possible, then loop back to do the same again.

I try to economize my time over targets rather than pick the juciest ones.

So if I hit 2 AA installations and 2 sets of buildings in one pass, so be it. I try to take down as many targets as fast as possible.

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

-Starbuck, Battlestar Galactica

4winds04 #17 Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:36 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2574 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
If I'm flying ground pounders I will hit the big targets while I have the most weapons on board.  I always swing to the sides during a run and try to hit the aa guns too, but only the guns and not the whole target to protect my fighters.  With my bombers I kind of follow IronWolf's philosophy in maximizing passes. 

SpiritFoxMY #18 Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3032 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostIronWolfV, on 11 February 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

naa. How I set up, how many targets can I hit in 1 straight shot in a pass. Example taking a Garrison in my A26B. I'll more line it up so I can hit as many target clusters in one pass as possible, then loop back to do the same again.

I try to economize my time over targets rather than pick the juciest ones.

So if I hit 2 AA installations and 2 sets of buildings in one pass, so be it. I try to take down as many targets as fast as possible.

The problem with that is twofold:

AA are worth a REALLY small amount of capture points (in fact, one of the most frequent complaints about bot GAs on this forum us that they waste their ordnance on AA sites which greatly increases the time it takes to cap)

Secondly, you might not be finishing off the target. I'll post up some close in shots of the targets, but as everyone has emphasized before: clean up the target in one pass. It is better to unload ALL your bombs into a target than to leave even one building standing (you'll know if you left things behind as the ground kill alert won't pop up if you did). Over a solo cap you can get away with it. Over a contested cap, even multiroles will have a field day stealing targets from you.

And that's why I avoid AA - it takes up to two drops to kill an AA site unless you get the angle correct (a straight drop along its length). I don't bother taking the time to do that when I can line up the bigger targets.

The only good thing about dropping on AA is that they're worth so little you can get away with just randomly dropping on them because most players won't even bother to try and steal them: just ain't worth it.

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 11 February 2018 - 11:39 PM.

SpiritFoxMY #19 Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3032 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Post4winds04, on 11 February 2018 - 11:36 PM, said:

If I'm flying ground pounders I will hit the big targets while I have the most weapons on board.  I always swing to the sides during a run and try to hit the aa guns too, but only the guns and not the whole target to protect my fighters.  With my bombers I kind of follow IronWolf's philosophy in maximizing passes. 

Shooting the guns only is the best way to neutralize them IMO. But I feel its a terrible waste of a drop to go AA plinking.

Anyway, that's my opinion - your mileage may vary. I fly the German bomb trucks so it behooves me to be economical with my attack runs from 3000+m. Hate the A26...

comtedumas #20 Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5613 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 11 February 2018 - 06:43 PM, said:

Shooting the guns only is the best way to neutralize them IMO. But I feel its a terrible waste of a drop to go AA plinking.

Anyway, that's my opinion - your mileage may vary. I fly the German bomb trucks so it behooves me to be economical with my attack runs from 3000+m. Hate the A26...

Why?  The smaller bombload?  It had a fast reload, and those extra guns can help a great deal if you are attacked, and it’s fast.  

Edited by comtedumas, 12 February 2018 - 05:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users