help needed.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

RexDraco #1 Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:11 PM

Airman Basic

• 521 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

i know it is a lame question but, is the premium account available for WoT and WoWS?

and for example, if i purchase premium account from WoT, is it also activated for WoW?

i'm really sorry, i'm still new here. i'm very curious.

Catch21 #2 Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1713 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

Yes, premium account will work for all 3 titles, boats, planes, tanks.

But free XP and Gold is only transferable between planes and tanks, NOT boats.

Edited by Catch21, 10 February 2018 - 06:24 PM.

scHnuuudle_bop #3 Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:55 AM

Airman Basic

• 37 battles

View PostRexDraco, on 10 February 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

i know it is a lame question but, is the premium account available for WoT and WoWS?

and for example, if i purchase premium account from WoT, is it also activated for WoW?

i'm really sorry, i'm still new here. i'm very curious.

wow, are there actually humans. I have played 15 games now. I have asked for anyone to help. Not one single response. Not even an FU. Then in 15th game a guy responds, I ask if I can bother him with a couple of questions in PM. 5 seconds after reply of yes, he is offline. This seems like a great game, but this is driving me nuts. Is the entire player base astonishing rude? Am I not typing in the correct area. The in game chat seems the same as tanks and warships. So why after 15 games has there been one single response?   The private messages. I type a message, press send, the message just evaporates. Am  I doing the PM wrong? WHy on earth would the conversation just go away? Do I have to have 100 games to type or what?

Anyway, is there an in game tutorial? Where I am actually controlling the plane, but with simple instructions. Are the videos the only guidance? Where are the descriptions of the icons? Are these battles I am in, just been bots? Are there game modes with actual humans? 

SpiritFoxMY #4 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:36 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 957 battles

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on 13 February 2018 - 07:55 AM, said:

wow, are there actually humans. I have played 15 games now. I have asked for anyone to help. Not one single response. Not even an FU. Then in 15th game a guy responds, I ask if I can bother him with a couple of questions in PM. 5 seconds after reply of yes, he is offline. This seems like a great game, but this is driving me nuts. Is the entire player base astonishing rude? Am I not typing in the correct area. The in game chat seems the same as tanks and warships. So why after 15 games has there been one single response?   The private messages. I type a message, press send, the message just evaporates. Am  I doing the PM wrong? WHy on earth would the conversation just go away? Do I have to have 100 games to type or what?

Anyway, is there an in game tutorial? Where I am actually controlling the plane, but with simple instructions. Are the videos the only guidance? Where are the descriptions of the icons? Are these battles I am in, just been bots? Are there game modes with actual humans? 

1. Unlike Tanks and Warships, Warplanes is a lot faster paced and the penalties for taking your handd off the keyboard are a lot more severe - you can't just park behind a rock to answer chat, you know.

2. In-hanger chat is broken. Simple as that - no one is responding because no one can see your chat until... I dunno. When chat decides to work again I suppose.

3. Check around the Newbies section here - LMG just wrote up a great Ground Attack guide. Mercsn has his compilation of "why multiroles should stick to killing airplanes" rules. 

4. Yep - videos are your only guide. I had to learn a lot of this myself. What do you want to know? The forum community is usually quite helpful so long as you're polite and willing to learn.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

pyantoryng #5 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:28 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 941 battles

Well, there *used to* be a tutorial...it didn't serve its purpose very well, but at least it puts you behind the controls of the plane...

Some things video just can't teach...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

trikke #6 Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:12 PM

• 1140 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i'm shocked, and then ashamed to find out that there's no tutorial anywhere 

how in the world did they imagine that they could retain new players that have no flight training?

i'm no expert, but i'll volunteer to help new folks get the basics of flight combat, and the very somewhat convoluted map capping tips and strategies

if you fly midday EST from maybe 10am - 2pm weekdays, i'll gladly flight up if you have a headset

typing would be ridiculously ridiculous...  frankly, sometimes even spoken words are too slow if you're concentrating on something 

hangar chat doesn't work, hasn't for a while, so prearrange it via PMs

i'm sure that other vets will volunteer at other times/days, because it's an oasis of civility here in the NA wowp forums!

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

scHnuuudle_bop #7 Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:29 AM

Airman Basic

• 37 battles

View Posttrikke, on 13 February 2018 - 07:12 PM, said:

i'm shocked, and then ashamed to find out that there's no tutorial anywhere 

how in the world did they imagine that they could retain new players that have no flight training?

i'm no expert, but i'll volunteer to help new folks get the basics of flight combat, and the very somewhat convoluted map capping tips and strategies

if you fly midday EST from maybe 10am - 2pm weekdays, i'll gladly flight up if you have a headset

typing would be ridiculously ridiculous...  frankly, sometimes even spoken words are too slow if you're concentrating on something 

hangar chat doesn't work, hasn't for a while, so prearrange it via PMs

i'm sure that other vets will volunteer at other times/days, because it's an oasis of civility here in the NA wowp forums!

the flight first time , was  intuitive. I was looking for a throttle and kept burning out the engine, until I realized it was a boost of sorts. Also it took a while to figure out the S key was just a temporary reduction. Same with ailerons and steering with the mouse. SUre a walk through would have been nice. I was looking for the details, in the hangar, lots of functions but no instruction as what they even do. FIrst few games I ignored the Video button as I thought it was just people posting replays. As for the forum, I saw lots of guides, but as I said in the tanks forum, loads of guides, but lots are from guys who just like to type. So they have a few of their pro's make video guides, and show the WG logo. That is sort of what I was looking for guide wise since there is no in game tutorial. 

How to manage crews, XP and credits. Nice to see my premium account and credits carried over. Starting with 20 million credits and 100k in free experience sure would make the free grind up tiers tempting.  

It would have been nice for it to be pointed out that at tier 1, most of the players are bots to fill in team places.  Same with knowing the hangar PM chat was broken. Was frustrating, but I now know there are humans playing, and the forum actually has helpful folks. Warships also has a great forum full of people leaping out to help.

Buuuut, Tanks, wow the forum is as toxic as a nuclear waste facility. Saw some poor fellow the other day,  ask a question similar to mine here. In minutes , 2 pages of comments. 90% telling him to get good, quit asking questions we have answered 1000 times. get a few thousand games then post. etc etc. 

One last question. Is there a particular class that is different and hated. I chose artillery in tanks, because my prosthesis hurts for the fast driving. Well, artillery, is hated by many, the constant refrain is get rid of it from the game, nerf it etc. In game, I keep the chat off, as if it isn't others swearing at each other, someone rags on me for my choice. Team killing, ramming, pushing off cliffs etc. Because their game mechanics are a bit different. Same with the ship, wow, aircraft carriers. Not so much in game, but they sure want them removed from the game. Because their game mechanics are different. 

So, just wondering. Is there something I should avoid for a while, and only try for missions?

I will start to review all the fantastic suggestions. Thank you all for the responses.

SpiritFoxMY #8 Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:13 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 957 battles

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on 14 February 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

the flight first time , was  intuitive. I was looking for a throttle and kept burning out the engine, until I realized it was a boost of sorts. Also it took a while to figure out the S key was just a temporary reduction. Same with ailerons and steering with the mouse. SUre a walk through would have been nice. I was looking for the details, in the hangar, lots of functions but no instruction as what they even do. FIrst few games I ignored the Video button as I thought it was just people posting replays. As for the forum, I saw lots of guides, but as I said in the tanks forum, loads of guides, but lots are from guys who just like to type. So they have a few of their pro's make video guides, and show the WG logo. That is sort of what I was looking for guide wise since there is no in game tutorial. 

How to manage crews, XP and credits. Nice to see my premium account and credits carried over. Starting with 20 million credits and 100k in free experience sure would make the free grind up tiers tempting.  

It would have been nice for it to be pointed out that at tier 1, most of the players are bots to fill in team places.  Same with knowing the hangar PM chat was broken. Was frustrating, but I now know there are humans playing, and the forum actually has helpful folks. Warships also has a great forum full of people leaping out to help.

Buuuut, Tanks, wow the forum is as toxic as a nuclear waste facility. Saw some poor fellow the other day,  ask a question similar to mine here. In minutes , 2 pages of comments. 90% telling him to get good, quit asking questions we have answered 1000 times. get a few thousand games then post. etc etc. 

One last question. Is there a particular class that is different and hated. I chose artillery in tanks, because my prosthesis hurts for the fast driving. Well, artillery, is hated by many, the constant refrain is get rid of it from the game, nerf it etc. In game, I keep the chat off, as if it isn't others swearing at each other, someone rags on me for my choice. Team killing, ramming, pushing off cliffs etc. Because their game mechanics are a bit different. Same with the ship, wow, aircraft carriers. Not so much in game, but they sure want them removed from the game. Because their game mechanics are different. 

So, just wondering. Is there something I should avoid for a while, and only try for missions?

I will start to review all the fantastic suggestions. Thank you all for the responses.

1. Bots make up the majority of "players" in this game regardless of tier. Its frustrating but I tell myself its just like a Tanks potato team anyway... its also a side effect of having a very very small server population.

2. Right now there's no particularly "hated" class although there're rumblings about the bombers because a player-flown bomber is often extremely frustrating to take down. I say fly whatever you feel like and just have fun. There's something for everyone right now. Experiment and ask - plenty of people here who would be happy to answer.

SpiritFoxMY #9 Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:25 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 957 battles
Oh, and you can poke around a bit more for this but basically one of the main points of confusion on XP by ex-tankers coming to Warplanes is how crew XP works with premiums: UNLIKE Tanks or Warships, premiums don't allow you to gain crew proficiency. Your pilot must be at 100% proficiency in order to gain XP from premiums BUT you are also not limited by aircraft class when using premiums, unlike Tanks. A pilot of a BV210 multirole can fly and gain XP just as well in an Ar68 Light Fighter or Do17z-6 Heavy as in any Multirole premium. You're still country restricted though

Destroyer_Suzukaze #10 Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:53 AM

• 714 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 13 February 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

1. Bots make up the majority of "players" in this game regardless of tier. Its frustrating but I tell myself its just like a Tanks potato team anyway... its also a side effect of having a very very small server population.

2. Right now there's no particularly "hated" class although there're rumblings about the bombers because a player-flown bomber is often extremely frustrating to take down. I say fly whatever you feel like and just have fun. There's something for everyone right now. Experiment and ask - plenty of people here who would be happy to answer.

True, true. Even at it's worst the toxicity here is pretty benign.  

scHnuuudle_bop #11 Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:30 AM

Airman Basic

• 37 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 14 February 2018 - 01:13 AM, said:

yeah warships has at best 3 or 4 thousand, but the bots are limited to co-op battles, the enemy is always bots, and your team is back filled with bots. The games with humans can sometimes take 5 minutes or more. THe co-op mode with the bots is guaranteed 30 seconds, and as far as I can tell goes all the way up the tiers.

Just logged off tanks, 24K. BUt this is fun, especially without the wound up players. Was just teamkilled again, twice today in 15 games. Losing a warplanes game does not seem to throw the earth off its axis.

SpiritFoxMY #12 Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:33 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 957 battles
There are a few [edited]floating around, so be warned: ain't all hugs n kisses. But the population is small enough that you remember them quickly.

trikke #13 Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:51 AM

• 1140 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 13 February 2018 - 08:13 PM, said:

i would imagine that bombers are similar to arty, but arty was in an special area of the map that you couldn't drive into

only if that arty got lazy or greedy could you get off a shot at it...  kinda like bombers 

SpiritFoxMY #14 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:04 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 957 battles

View Posttrikke, on 14 February 2018 - 03:51 AM, said:

i would imagine that bombers are similar to arty, but arty was in an special area of the map that you couldn't drive into

only if that arty got lazy or greedy could you get off a shot at it...  kinda like bombers 

I think arty differs in that it quite specifically targets players without them being able to retaliate. Same with carriers. Bombers otoh don't directly affect players and only really matter in the ground game and even then they aren't gg no re territory of OP in flipping caps.

So I don't see bombers attaining sky cancer status for now. Not until they introduce heavy bombers at least.

scHnuuudle_bop #15 Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:08 AM

Airman Basic

• 37 battles

View Posttrikke, on 14 February 2018 - 03:51 AM, said:

yeah , it is the indirect long range fire they hate. Warships is a strange game though, my plane now has 110 health, the battleships have tens of thousands HP, but a little destroyer or torpedo plane can take it out in seconds   

I take it we can shoot the bombers.

SpiritFoxMY #16 Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:27 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 957 battles

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on 14 February 2018 - 06:08 AM, said:

yeah , it is the indirect long range fire they hate. Warships is a strange game though, my plane now has 110 health, the battleships have tens of thousands HP, but a little destroyer or torpedo plane can take it out in seconds   

I take it we can shoot the bombers.

You can, but the frustration comes from the fact bombers fly at very high altitudes to the point where only certain planes can reasonably intercept them (German and American Light and Heavy Fighters) and they tend to have nasty stings in their tails to shoot up anyone climbing up at them.

It takes some planning and smart flying to kill a bomber, even an AI bomber. Smart human pilots can be a real pain in the [edited]because not only are they serious threats to your valuable capture points (see the thread about best targets to bomb), but they also fly at the limits of their bombers' performance and can kill or cripple an unwary interceptor before it can kill them.

Think of it as trying to torp a carrier in a DD. You CAN, but it takes you away from doing other important DD stuff and you can get yourself murdered on the way in by the carrier and anyone else nearby.

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 14 February 2018 - 06:29 AM.

trikke #17 Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:57 PM

• 1140 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

safety at high altitude balances out the lack of adrenaline rush when flying bombers

unless you fly low and fast, which is like running from the police while firing pistols at mailboxes

sometimes you hit the mailbox, sometimes you don't... but who cares

yolo

LMG #18 Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:57 PM

• 959 battles

View Posttrikke, on 14 February 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

safety at high altitude balances out the lack of adrenaline rush when flying bombers

unless you fly low and fast, which is like running from the police while firing pistols at mailboxes

sometimes you hit the mailbox, sometimes you don't... but who cares

yolo

imo if Bombers had better rearguns they wouldn't need to go space-high. I fly my A-26B around 1.5k-2k meters on a constant basis so I can make use of my speed, increase my bomb accuracy slightly, and because I can actually attempt to defend myself. A German bomber tries that and it'll get ripped apart
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #19 Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1470 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 13 February 2018 - 11:13 PM, said:

1. Bots make up the majority of "players" in this game regardless of tier. Its frustrating but I tell myself its just like a Tanks potato team anyway...

And unfortunately they quite often aren't any better when it comes to flying, capturing, or shooting at tiers VII, VIII, & IX than they are at tiers I or II.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.'' - Wendy Mass

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users