Team balance

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Azanthriel #21 Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:10 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1645 battles
  • [-AK-] -AK-

I played bombers today and the human players just kept hunting me down. All the while they killed me my bots capped all the bases. :medal:

It is rare to get good bots but then no one was killing them. :)

As to not being able to pull up out of dive. I took it as a big win when I could unload my IL-20 payload and not eat dirt when I tried to pull up from a ten-fifteen degree dive.

Alpha Tester World of Tanks Generals & Beta Tester For Total War Arena

kidflash113 #22 Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:03 AM

Master Sergeant

• 419 battles
What i dont get is and this happens a lot I'll be playing a match we cap 3 of 4 bases we are winning then squall line hits and within 30 seconds we lose 2-3 bases and are down 4-6 planes and all the our bots are staying at the last blue base while we lose and im forced to defend the blue base and lose or try to recapture a red base by myself with a bee hive of bots defending it. at first i thought it was just a bad game but then when i started taking note of this it happens a lot. Idk if the bots get a bonus after the squall line hits or im just on the wrong side more often than not because i know the other team has human players too. wish there was a way to direct bots to a certain base sure would help pinging the base doesn't do ti..

Blast_Radius1 #23 Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:24 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1325 battles

View PostAzanthriel, on 12 February 2018 - 06:10 AM, said:

I played bombers today and the human players just kept hunting me down. All the while they killed me my bots capped all the bases. :medal:

It is rare to get good bots but then no one was killing them. :)

As to not being able to pull up out of dive. I took it as a big win when I could unload my IL-20 payload and not eat dirt when I tried to pull up from a ten-fifteen degree dive.

I've found endless amusement from staying up high in a bomber and letting 3 or even 4 reds chase me all over the map. The trick is to turn enticingly close enough to them that they don't lose interest, but far enough away they don't hit you enough to kill you. Drop bombs on the red caps as you go by and you can often get a win. :great:

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #24 Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

View Postkidflash113, on 12 February 2018 - 07:03 AM, said:

What i dont get is and this happens a lot I'll be playing a match we cap 3 of 4 bases we are winning then squall line hits and within 30 seconds we lose 2-3 bases and are down 4-6 planes
at first i thought it was just a bad game but then when i started taking note of this it happens a lot.

The bots are too often quite poor at playing the end game potion of a match; either one team won't or can't stay even locally grouped and the turkey shoot by the other side commences as cumulative damage piles up.

With even one, let alone two, exceptional humans or Ace bots on the opposing team it isn't uncommon for the other side to have a third if not half of its planes waiting to respawn, which only exacerbates a probable steamroll.

I think this is why some planes are so OP, to the point where not getting any on one team is a significant handicap; not only are they dominant in maneuver but also fast enough with the right guns to fast recap as needed.

Bots will always try to capture, even when they can't shoot for jack (if not lack any air to ground ordnance whatsoever), or the proper move is to evade all of the hostile aircraft and let the score point out.

Map configuration also plays a part, not having the right planes for certain capture areas, as does the issue that bots cannot reenter a match from any type of airfield and have to trickle back from the initial spawn location.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 12 February 2018 - 05:38 PM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

trikke #25 Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2276 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 12 February 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

as does the issue that bots cannot reenter a match from any type of airfield and have to trickle back from the initial spawn location.

sux to be a bot

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

CorvusCorvax #26 Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1486 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postkidflash113, on 12 February 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

What i dont get is and this happens a lot I'll be playing a match we cap 3 of 4 bases we are winning then squall line hits and within 30 seconds we lose 2-3 bases and are down 4-6 planes and all the our bots are staying at the last blue base while we lose

I have had this happen so often that I now try and plan for it.  If I can lawn dart before the squall line hits, I can come out the other side with almost all my health.  By doing that, I can possibly survive to the end, and influence whether or not the team retains a particular piece of real estate.  But only one piece, because I can't be everywhere at once.  I usually pick a piece fairly far away from the red respawn so that if I get respawned aircraft, I get them sequentially, not as a group.  I'm about 50/50 on success rate.

LMG #27 Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2054 battles

View PostRico_CotC_, on 22 February 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

I have had this happen so often that I now try and plan for it.  If I can lawn dart before the squall line hits, I can come out the other side with almost all my health.  By doing that, I can possibly survive to the end, and influence whether or not the team retains a particular piece of real estate.  But only one piece, because I can't be everywhere at once.  I usually pick a piece fairly far away from the red respawn so that if I get respawned aircraft, I get them sequentially, not as a group.  I'm about 50/50 on success rate.

It's possible to somewhat predict when the enemy bots are going to do a mass flip, though it's not intentional as far as I'm aware (by that I mean they don't plan it, it just occurs). Basically what happens is that the bots get split up into separate groups as they die/stay alive throughout the game, which causes them to end up in different areas based on their priority AI, which in turn can lead them to capture said areas if they have enough hp to do so. If they get the timing right mostly out of luck, they can take nearly the whole map rather quickly. It mostly happens on maps with five sectors placed in the shape of an X, as the bots in the center are likely to push forward into enemy territory, while the bots that respawn could end up being lured towards nearby hostile sectors on their side of the map. This is more noticeable if most of the sectors are Garrisons, as light and MR fighters won't really hesitate on trying to capture them unless there's a hostile airfield around

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users