Jump to content


Valentine's Bash - Flight Contest!


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

NorthernPorter #21 Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:34 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha Test Veteran
  • 1657 battles
  • 250
  • Member since:
    12-13-2011

Does it need to be the same player that you have to flight up with for those 15 days?

Feels trampy if you fly with a different player every day just for the combat points but would probably work better to winning the gold. Just remember to practice safe flights. 



MARS_REVENANT #22 Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:16 PM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 4171 battles
  • 9,342
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I am looking for a flight mate for this event.  You have to be gud.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #23 Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:50 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 779 battles
  • 3,522
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 09 February 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

I am looking for a flight mate for this event.  You have to be gud.

 

you might wanna consider Shasha ... she says she is real good

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Raizei #24 Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:25 PM

    Community Specialist

  • Member
  • 86 battles
  • 709
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View PostArrowZ_, on 08 February 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

Hey raizei - How are the participants able to "participate" if they can't utilize the contacts UI (since its down/broken - correction temperamental at times) to make flights...? Are we assuming chat works on WG end? Is that why this event was pushed through? Have you guys been reading these forum lately about the past 2 days posts of 10+ complaints about the chat being broken?...

 

Might help the entry levels if chat was working 100% - which is not the case right now. Just giving you a hint there.

 

 I've edited the main post to include the fix we have for the particular issue - hopefully for most people that are currently experiencing this issue, this should solve it.

 

 

 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook & Twitter!


MARS_REVENANT #25 Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:33 PM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 4171 battles
  • 9,342
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostRaizei, on 09 February 2018 - 03:25 PM, said:

 

 I've edited the main post to include the fix we have for the particular issue - hopefully for most people that are currently experiencing this issue, this should solve it.

 

 

 

I tried that multiple times, chat is still down.

 

Do all 15 battles have to be with the same person?  Or as long as you play a minimum of 15 flighted battles, you qualify?


1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


The_Chiv #26 Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:25 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3017 battles
  • 71
  • [-BAD] -BAD
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

damn I have all but one of those planes....good luck to everyone else though

 



FluffyPabu #27 Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:06 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5968 battles
  • 470
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    07-19-2012

View PostRaizei, on 08 February 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

We are aware that some players are having some issues with the chat feature in game. If you are experiencing this issue, we recommend following the steps below:

 

1) Bring up the Wargaming Launcher (If the WoWP game client is running, please exit first.)

2) With World of Warplanes selected on the Wargaming Launcher, select the small arrow that is right next to the Play button

3) In the menu that appears, select the option "Launch the game and clear its cached data"

 

If the recommended fix does not address the issue for you, please send a ticket to our Customer Support for further assistance.

 

 

 

I literally clear my cache everytime whenever I start playing. Chat is always down. I am not sure how support will help me with that.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #28 Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:00 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 779 battles
  • 3,522
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View Postpoisonousblood, on 10 February 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

 

I literally clear my cache everytime whenever I start playing. Chat is always down. I am not sure how support will help me with that.

 

well they can match you up with a Chat Bot and laugh hysterically each time you send in a follow up ticket...

Chat Bots are very nice and complement you and apologize to you and generally make you feel like you're accomplishing something... when in reality you're just talking to a software program designed to wear you down with nonsense and time wasting busywork...

it's very effective and depending on your frame of mind and level of loneliness it can be fun

 


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Toggle #29 Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:42 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Alpha tester
  • 3786 battles
  • 2,414
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    02-14-2012

View PostRaizei, on 08 February 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We are aware that some players are having some issues with the chat feature in game. If you are experiencing this issue, we recommend following the steps below:

 

1) Bring up the Wargaming Launcher (If the WoWP game client is running, please exit first.)

2) With World of Warplanes selected on the Wargaming Launcher, select the small arrow that is right next to the Play button

3) In the menu that appears, select the option "Launch the game and clear its cached data"

 

If the recommended fix does not address the issue for you, please send a ticket to our Customer Support for further assistance.

 

 

 

Done!  No joy!

I'm sure WG has a crack team of highly skilled software technicians working on a fix.  Right?

Support ticket.  Haha  Hahaha  HA HAHAHAHA!  Good one!



Socojoe_1 #30 Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:04 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 1463 battles
  • 6
  • [VX9] VX9
  • Member since:
    05-08-2016
Is there anyway to check how we are doing?

RandomPauI #31 Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:43 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 1815 battles
  • 33
  • [PANSY] PANSY
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
So I just form a flight and fly 15 or more battles? Do I have to post in here to qualify?

MARS_REVENANT #32 Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:42 PM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 4171 battles
  • 9,342
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostRandomPauI, on 12 February 2018 - 07:43 AM, said:

So I just form a flight and fly 15 or more battles? Do I have to post in here to qualify?

 

You don't need to post, but it is always a good idea to keep your own screen shots.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


GhostPrime #33 Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:08 PM

    Community Specialist

  • Member
  • 64 battles
  • 2,278
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 10 February 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

 

well they can match you up with a Chat Bot and laugh hysterically each time you send in a follow up ticket...

Chat Bots are very nice and complement you and apologize to you and generally make you feel like you're accomplishing something... when in reality you're just talking to a software program designed to wear you down with nonsense and time wasting busywork...

it's very effective and depending on your frame of mind and level of loneliness it can be fun

 

 

All of our support reps are people, and try to help as much as they can. (the only "Chat bots are actually the ones in game ;)  )  Clearing the game cache has helped restore chat functionality. (Tested it myself when Mine wasn't working) Other than that make sure that port 5022 is open as that's the port that chat uses. Using the WGcheck tool should open the necessary ports automatically.  


Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


BuffaloTime #34 Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:19 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6918 battles
  • 803
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012

View PostGhostPrime, on 12 February 2018 - 12:08 PM, said:

 

All of our support reps are people, and try to help as much as they can. (the only "Chat bots are actually the ones in game ;)  )  Clearing the game cache has helped restore chat functionality. (Tested it myself when Mine wasn't working) Other than that make sure that port 5022 is open as that's the port that chat uses. Using the WGcheck tool should open the necessary ports automatically.  

Here is the link to how to download and use WGcheck tool

 

https://na.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/770

  Fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark and brother, it's starting to rain.

Demons run when a good man goes to war.


Rythcan #35 Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:20 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 1306 battles
  • 295
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012
I like this contest but I was thinking maybe have a 2nd and 3rd place prize too like WG use too. Maybe 1 premium plane choice for 2nd place and say 200 gold and 3 days premium for 3rd. Shows the other flights that put a lot of effort in to the event that even if they can not get 1st there is a chance to win something.

FluffyPabu #36 Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:17 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5968 battles
  • 470
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    07-19-2012

Thanks for the broken mm that people are misusing it.

please give them the gold planes. They deserve to win your competition.

 



MARS_REVENANT #37 Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:40 PM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 4171 battles
  • 9,342
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postpoisonousblood, on 13 February 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

Thanks for the broken mm that people are misusing it.

please give them the gold planes. They deserve to win your competition.

 

 

 

15,505, shouldn't be that hard to beat.  I have seen people posting 20,000+ games. I'll be playing tonight starting at 9:30pm ET, looking for a flight mate.  So dfar I am at 2/15 of the minimum required flight battles.  Having the contacts list broken doesn't help.

 

Here is my Discord Server, it is open to all   https://discord.gg/Y9XWdsq


Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 13 February 2018 - 04:41 PM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


FluffyPabu #38 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:57 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5968 battles
  • 470
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    07-19-2012

So, I posted a ticket to support with this as a reply.

 

Everything in my computer is fine, every game is working as well. Even World of Tanks. But chat is still down, so it must be my network's and pc's fault.



MARS_REVENANT #39 Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:28 AM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 4171 battles
  • 9,342
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Is this cumulative over the duration of the contest, or the flight with the best battle/highest combat points in a single battle?

 

View PostRaizei, on 08 February 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

The Flight that has accumulated the most Combat Points by the end of the contest will win 2 Premium Planes of their choice from the list below for each of the Pilots!

 

 

 

Rules:

 

  • Players must try to obtain the best amount of Combat Points as a Flight between the dates listed above
  • The Flight that has the most Combat Points by the end of contest timeframe will win!

 

 

Confusing.


Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 14 February 2018 - 06:35 AM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


Rythcan #40 Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:00 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 1306 battles
  • 295
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 13 February 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

Is this cumulative over the duration of the contest, or the flight with the best battle/highest combat points in a single battle?

 

 

Confusing.

 

not really that confusing. Everything in that posts implies a grand total of points over the set duration. Accumulate = to increase gradually in quantity or number. Amount = a quantity of something. Most = greatest in amount. All three words in WG's post clearly mean a total of more than one battle. Also why would they ask for a minimum of 15 battles if the contest was based on the results of one?

Edited by Rythcan, 14 February 2018 - 09:02 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users