Vf-110 Equipment Skills

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Catch21 #1 Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2243 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

Just wondering what others use on this German Messerschmitt Bf-110 Heavy Fighter line (B, E and C-6 variants), I'm leaning towards:

1) Improved Covering: -20% chance of critical damage to wings & tail, +5% to aircraft HP.

2) Reinforced Airframe: -10% chance of critical damage to engine, crew, wings & tail, +15% to aircraft HP.

3) Additional Armor Plates: Reduces chance of pilot injury and critical damage to engines and turrets by 20%.

That's to prioritize protection (I often find these aircraft pressed into action in a Ground Attack role)- stack it with the Protection Expert skill for a +40% boost on ALL the above equipment items.

My thoughts on other items: there's not enough Ordnance to make an Ordnance sight worthwhile, not enough of a turret MG (7.92mm) to make Turret Stabilization much use either. Good boost anyway instead of Engine Tuning, and I can't recall when I would have needed a Self Sealing Fuel Tank..

I can see an obvious use for the Improved Reflector Sight, and Improved Aircraft Polish and Improved Flaps look like 'nice to haves' too, but I'm leaning in the direction of protection as above outweighing the pros of these items.

I've looked at the cheat sheets (NA & EU), but these seem 1.9-derived and I'm looking for 2.0 players' opinions. Thanks.

Edited by Catch21, 05 February 2018 - 11:15 PM.

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1532 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
I used my standard Engine Tuning, Gunsight and Turret Stabilization. Last one could probably have been ditched for something more useful but I never kept my 110s so I didn't bother sticking anything complex on it

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Reitousair #3 Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4281 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

I've found using cover, airframe, and polish works best for my tastes. The boost to durability gives you a bit of breathing room if you make an error (that isn't crashing into the ground, of course) and gives you some ramming power against LF's in a pinch. The polish can be useful simply for the boosted airspeed alone. I'm not terribly sure about skills however,

I haven't flown the 110's enough for form a good opinion on precisely the perfect set of skills for me, however protection expert is a decent choice since 110's aren't exactly the fastest things around, and even more health can save you if you find yourself getting swarmed. Engine Guru I and II might not be bad choices either simply for the improved acceleration in tandem with something like polish to make diving a VERY quick getaway method.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

ArrowZ_ #4 Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:57 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 608 battles

Haven't touched my c6 since 1.9. Had a look at it now and I've specced the equips with AeroD' expert in mind. But with 2.0 and the way heavies are now it probably isn't a bad idea to test out more durability builds. The HP bonus just on the equipment alone is quite low, not considering pilot skills, across the board (including high tiers). If you're going this route, you may as well take pilot skills that complement it.

Like:

• Protections Expert (+40% on Improved Cover, Reinforced Airframe, Additional Armor Plates)    2pts
  • Battle Tested (Reduced chance to pilot injury when aircraft's wing, tail & fuselage is crit. damaged)   2pts
  • Engine Guru I + II (Hard to survive in a HF without these - you're going to need all the extra engine speed boosts you can get)   2+3 pts
  • Fire Resistance (Damage reduction on fire damage and duration - very helpful in lower tiers where ALOT of planes catch on fire, especially HFs)   1p(t
  • (Switchable) Marksman I or Cruise Flight or Demolitions Expert or Fire Fighter+Eagle eyed

As for actives (3pts each - can only choose one due to 15 skill pt limit):

Either Evasive Target OR Resillience - Both have good bonuses on paper. Evasive target gives damage reduction on regular dmg, crit dmg & pilot whilst actively maneuvring. Activates alot when you're barrel rolling & zooming away which is what most HFs do.

While Resilience helps you survive that little bit longer if you're heavily gunned down which I can imagine happens quite often in low tier HFs. It gives cooldowns in both engine and weapons & increases maneuverability & engine thrust by 5% each. Only activates when you've lost 70% of your HP which I admit is alot. But if you're finding you're dying alot in your HF and not alot of dodging/barrel rolling is going to negate all that lead that's critting your HF's wings, tail, pilot etc, might as well try out Resillience see if it helps abit in those situations. Otherwise if you want a more consistent survival skill, Evasive Target is the way to go. Just be warned though if the enemy player has Marksman II then evasive target may be heavily reduced in its effectiveness (not sure by how much tho).

EDIT:

If you're wondering what to get first in your first 10pt skill pilots this is what I would recommend (due to the absurd exp requirements):

1. Protections Expert

2. Fire Resistence

3. Engine Guru I

4. Battle Tested

5. Evasive Target (Or Resillience)

(Beyond 10pts)

6. Engine Guru II

7. Cruise Flight or Fire Resistence+Eagle eyed or Demolitions expert or Marksman I (up to you on this one)

* You can take the Rocketeer passive skill instead of demo. expert in the higher tier 262s to help with head on R4M barrages.

Hope that helps. GL testing it out though. I'm curious to see what other people can come up with HFs for 2.0.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 06 February 2018 - 12:16 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Wombatmetal #5 Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:34 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 750 battles

View PostCatch21, on 05 February 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

Just wondering what others use on this German Messerschmitt Bf-110 Heavy Fighter line (B, E and C-6 variants), I'm leaning towards:

1) Improved Covering: -20% chance of critical damage to wings & tail, +5% to aircraft HP.

2) Reinforced Airframe: -10% chance of critical damage to engine, crew, wings & tail, +15% to aircraft HP.

3) Additional Armor Plates: Reduces chance of pilot injury and critical damage to engines and turrets by 20%.

That's to prioritize protection (I often find these aircraft pressed into action in a Ground Attack role)- stack it with the Protection Expert skill for a +40% boost on ALL the above equipment items.

My thoughts on other items: there's not enough Ordnance to make an Ordnance sight worthwhile, not enough of a turret MG (7.92mm) to make Turret Stabilization much use either. Good boost anyway instead of Engine Tuning, and I can't recall when I would have needed a Self Sealing Fuel Tank..

I can see an obvious use for the Improved Reflector Sight, and Improved Aircraft Polish and Improved Flaps look like 'nice to haves' too, but I'm leaning in the direction of protection as above outweighing the pros of these items.

I've looked at the cheat sheets (NA & EU), but these seem 1.9-derived and I'm looking for 2.0 players' opinions. Thanks.

My overarching philosophy is to exaggerate the strengths and use them. And for the 110 that is guns and speed. Make it easier to hit, and make the plane faster. So Engine Tuning. Sights, and Polish, which increases your overall top speed as well as acceleration by 25%. Pilot is Engine Guru 1&2 (again increase the top speed) and Marksman 1&2. 

Then boom and zoom baby.

Your defense is your speed in this build. 

Dru83 #6 Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1557 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

I'm with Suzukaze on this... boost speed and your ability to hit targets. If you really feel the need, use the Reinforced airframe to increase your HP, but use the other 2 slots to boost speed and guns.

You said "(I often find these aircraft pressed into action in a Ground Attack role)"

These planes really aren't that great at attacking ground targets and if you get down low enough to do that, you'll turn into a sitting duck. Sure you can drop your bombs to completely destroy a target (because just getting part of a target doesn't count towards capturing the area), but then climb right back up to engage aircraft again. Your real job is taking out aircraft... Ground targets are only worth taking out in certain circumstances like getting the last couple points to win a cap or silencing annoying AA. If you hang out at low altitude for too long, you'll quickly find yourself out of airspeed and being swarmed by fighters.

Mercsn #7 Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:20 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

I only recently re-acquired my bf-110B. It was my favorite low tier plane in beta and an absolute op monster when you could get tier 2,3,4 matches!

When it loaded into the hangar showing off my air and ground kill markers, it brought back happy memories.  It felt a bit like seeing a friend after a long time apart.

Its maneuvering is terrible, so its only escape is speed.  Therefore, I chose both engine tuning and improved polish.

Gunsight doesn't boost aim-assist the way Marksman skill does (conjecture, haven't actually tested), so I took the pilot skill in lieu of gunsight. Besides, this thing already throws serious lead for its tier and the guns are all centerline.

I first went with improved covering as 3rd item.  But, I found myself getting into dogfights with other 110s and Beaufighters, so switched to flaps instead.  

I'm also using pilot skill Aero Expert that boosts all three equipment items (more speed, acceleration, and smidge better turning -if AeroEx boosts flaps, but it boosts improved polish which isn't listed on the skilll. So, I'm thinking yes).

So far, the 110B is proving to just as strong as I remember.  It is OP in a tier 3/4 match, strong in a 4 match, and capable in a 4/5 match.  I happily ruined a Bf110E pilot's game in one match.

I've had the C for ages  (quit shortly after 1.0, came back at 2.0.1). I never liked it because I'm a terrible shot and not good sniping with the slow rate of fire gun.  Although, a month ago managed a 950m 2 hit (4 shots fired) kill on a P-38.  If shooting beyond 450m, you really need a separate fire group keybind for the 30mm so you can see its tracer to adjust aim.

I also don't like the C because its even slower than the B when the B is carrying bombs!

On the subject of bombs, I sometimes take them and sometimes don't.  If I see mines, rare in tier 4, I'll start taking them. If opposition seems light in tier 4 (so I'm ok losing some speed), I'll start taking them for those pesky command center caps.

If you take the bombs, plan on NOT using them. Forget you have them or you'll do stupid things that get you killed.  Use them ONLY when there are no air targets left and you need a ground kill to complete the capture (see video below!).

I don't spec for durability.  Kill Bf109 and P40/ P51s first  (you can run from or out climb anything else besides other HF, but you can dogfight them if they come looking for a fight).  Kill whatever is low on hp  if no Bf109 or P40 get in your frontal cone of target acquisition.

Stay fast, stay high, don't turn if anything is within 1km of your tail (I usually leave the radar set to this distance), unless it's another HF and you want/need to engage him.

These planes respond well to yaw turns, so set keybinds for it if you're on mouse n keyboard.

If you aren't great at BnZ on nimble targets, you can still be helpful.  If you get a mine map, go there and knock out enemy bombers, HF, and GA.  I give that order because bombers will be high while most HF will foolishly drop to low altitude to bomb.  If you jump on GA before killing HF, you risk that HF being a decent bot or competent human which could hurt your team. And,  flying straight, slow, and low opens you up to any fighters that want a Bf110 snack.

If you need to block a capture of a mine ot command center, you can quickly kill a ground target from medium/high alt by dropping both bombs, with decent rng.  Practice flying level and using your free look key to pan your view down so you can see and adjust your bomb impact reticle withut dropping your nose and giving up altitude.  Also, set your left alt key to "press" instead of "press and hold" in keybinds.  This will make it easy to identify a low hp GA that you might want to dive on  (also useful for identifying low hp targets if you prefer doing drive-byes on the furrball, instead of counter-bomber/ga work).

Best of luck and good hunting!

Edit: added link to video of what happens to HF who play ground attack before killing air targets and pic of my Bf-110B's tail with it's beta markings (to show I've got experience with the bird, since my current hours in it are low -and because it's a nice shot of the plane!).

Spoiler

Edited by Mercsn, 06 February 2018 - 10:07 AM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

trikke #8 Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1583 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

the 110b is so beautiful, both on the ground and in the air

and thanks again for the video, i see it flash through my brain whenever i want to fly low in a HF...  so i don't do it anymore

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Wombatmetal #9 Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:20 AM

• 750 battles

View PostMercsn, on 05 February 2018 - 11:20 PM, said:

I only recently re-acquired my bf-110B. It was my favorite low tier plane in beta and an absolute op monster when you could get tier 2,3,4 matches!

When it loaded into the hangar showing off my air and ground kill markers, it brought back happy memories.  It felt a bit like seeing a friend after a long time apart.

Its maneuvering is terrible, so its only escape is speed.  Therefore, I chose both engine tuning and improved polish.

Gunsight doesn't boost aim-assist the way Marksman skill does (conjecture, haven't actually tested), so I took the pilot skill in lieu of gunsight. Besides, this thing already throws serious lead for its tier and the guns are all centerline.

Gunsight+marksman comes into it's own with the slow firing low velocity guns. I've had 37mm and 45mm shells that look like they missed by a mile, but no, they hit

Mercsn #10 Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:14 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 06 February 2018 - 11:20 PM, said:

Gunsight+marksman comes into it's own with the slow firing low velocity guns. I've had 37mm and 45mm shells that look like they missed by a mile, but no, they hit

Again, I haven't directly tested, but I think that's the marksman perk more than the gunsight.  The gunsight just reduces the dispersion.  The Marksman perk increases the aim-assist coefficient.   In other words, if you're landing hits, with marksman, you probably won't land many more hits with gunsight since you're already aiming "close enough".  It could be a good placebo though, that does help a player aim better since they think it's helping.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

trikke #11 Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1583 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 07 February 2018 - 12:20 AM, said:

and that's why some people have problems with wowp  

if our own eyes show the shots missing by a wide margin, but still registering as hits...   then it's just wrong, somehow, even if it's helping us personally kill faster 

even though i'm heavily invested in marksman one and two in almost every pilot, i would be happy to see them removed

i think that it would help new people without access to those perks to live longer, and maybe make them stay around longer 

marksman 1 and 2 serves no real purpose other than enlarging the hit boxes of the plane right in front of you, and most of us don't need that crutch anymore 

Wombatmetal #12 Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:45 PM

• 750 battles

View Posttrikke, on 07 February 2018 - 07:09 AM, said:

and that's why some people have problems with wowp  

if our own eyes show the shots missing by a wide margin, but still registering as hits...   then it's just wrong, somehow, even if it's helping us personally kill faster 

even though i'm heavily invested in marksman one and two in almost every pilot, i would be happy to see them removed

i think that it would help new people without access to those perks to live longer, and maybe make them stay around longer 

marksman 1 and 2 serves no real purpose other than enlarging the hit boxes of the plane right in front of you, and most of us don't need that crutch anymore 

Then you would have to rebalance planes which rely on heavy guns. Planes like the Yak 9. These planes are balanced with those skill in mind.

Who flies a bomber without demo expert, why not just build the extra blast radius into the bomb? Why have pilot skills at all?

Slippery slope my friend

trikke #13 Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1583 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 07 February 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

Why have pilot skills at all?

Slippery slope my friend

yep, why do we have them at all...

aren't we the pilots?    aren't we the ones that should become more skilled, as we get more experience?

frankly, i would assign those skills to new pilots in the background with no notification, then slowly remove them at each 100 battle increment... again, with no notification

i'm wondering how effective some of the elite pilots would be, without 12+ skills...  really, do they even need them?

really?

Catch21 #14 Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2243 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View Posttrikke, on 08 February 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

yep, why do we have them at all... aren't we the pilots?    aren't we the ones that should become more skilled, as we get more experience?

frankly, i would assign those skills to new pilots in the background with no notification, then slowly remove them at each 100 battle increment... again, with no notification

i'm wondering how effective some of the elite pilots would be, without 12+ skills...  really, do they even need them? really?

Interesting Qs, equally applicable to other WG titles (tanks, boats). 

Partly why I suggested the equipment load out in post # 1, in that pilot skill (that's you and me not the in-game skills) can (should?) compensate for some equipment options, given we can only load 3.

Revisiting this after a few days of comments/suggestions (thanks to all), there's a limited # of equipment options on the Bf 110 series anyway. Let's get rid of Self Sealing Fuel tanks, Turret Stabilization and Improved Flaps as options because nobody seems much of a fan, most folks mention Engine Tuning and Improved Aircraft Polish as alternatives.

If +5% extra engine power equates directly to 5% extra speed (it probably doesn't equate exactly, and could be more useful acceleration-wise, a 0-60 stat might be useful for planes, not just cars) and the polish gives 5% extra maximum airspeed you've got a 10% boost to only maximum speed (I think the polish will only give benefit once you've hit maximum speed?). 

Let's take a Bf 110 C-6 as an example from the series. Top speed 500, so 10% (at best, i.e. only if you're going flat out) will get you 50 extra. 

The aircraft polish- aside from the 5% increase to only maximum speed, will get you a 25% acceleration (NOT speed) boost, meaning you'll get to maximum speed faster but only in a dive. I'm a fairly new player, but I don't see dive defined anywhere, or at least the angle I'd need to be for it to kick in. And hurtling into your dive once you know what the angle is for the extra acceleration is only going to get you to 740 kph maximum dive speed (does this get a 5% boost too?) faster, not get you any extra speed per se. 

And as a new player 50 kph to 550 kph top speed doesn't mean much to me, nor does getting to 740 kph quicker in a dive. Versus a 20% boost (28% with Protection Expert skill) to HPs, giving you 435 HP (465 with 28%), plus all the other perks, which with protection expert skill are +40% and just to recap are [with PE skill]:

1) Improved Covering: -20% [-28%] chance of critical damage to wings & tail, +5% [+7%] to aircraft HP.

2) Reinforced Airframe: -10% [-14%] chance of critical damage to engine, crew, wings & tail, +15% [+21%] to aircraft HP.

3) Additional Armor Plates: Reduces chance of pilot injury and critical damage to engines and turrets by 20% [28%].

In an ideal world, there'd be 5 equipment slots to take the Engine Tuning and Improved Aircraft Polish, but there aren't, so maybe let's leave out the tuning and the better polish and make do with bog standard. Is the 50 kph extra speed really gonna save you that often? Does getting to 740 kph 25% quicker really make that much of a difference? 

Uwe Edelsheim (yes, that's his name) thinks not. He'll take all the AA++ protection (flak seems a lot nastier in 2.0) he can get thank you, and rely on his instincts for evasion (choose your BnZ moment carefully) and gunnery skills (learn to lead better). What Uwe really needs is a lot more practice in BnZ, which I suppose brings us back to Trikke's point, aren't we the pilots?

Edited by Catch21, 08 February 2018 - 06:19 PM.

trikke #15 Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1583 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

is more money the reason why WG came up with attainable pilot skills?       because it sure worked on me

that's my guess, because i bought a bunch of santa bags solely to rake in the tens of thousands of free XP, which i promptly invested in my favorite pilots

i got the bombers and the Hurricanes and the abominable very excellent (the jury's still out) Tornado as a side benefit, but i realized that i needed more pilot 'skills' to compete in the higher tiers that i was entering

i'm a poor aim, so marksman one and two has helped me...  so i'm part of the problem

Catch21 #16 Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2243 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View Posttrikke, on 08 February 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

is more money the reason why WG came up with attainable pilot skills? 

Yes, I think so, especially in WoT, where it's far harder to regain the lost skill XP if you convert using silver, so there's more of an incentive to use gold to do it there. And so more $s for WG. WoP is real cheap comparatively it what it costs/how long it takes to (re)train crews.

I'm surprised WoP didn't use the WoT model, it would have made more $s, but then I'm surprised they didn't- or haven't since- taken pretty much everything from WoT (UI in particular) and just dropped aircraft into the Bigworld engine (as the other titles- planes and ships- have successfully done). WoT just seems so light years ahead of WoP, particularly in programming/project management skills (not to mention direction, marketing and communications areas). And let's not forget WoP's legendary Quality Control Program. You'd think Victor Kislyi was AWOL, OTL or asleep at the wheel.

Wombatmetal #17 Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:08 PM

• 750 battles

View PostCatch21, on 08 February 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

Interesting Qs, equally applicable to other WG titles (tanks, boats). 

Partly why I suggested the equipment load out in post # 1, in that pilot skill (that's you and me not the in-game skills) can (should?) compensate for some equipment options, given we can only load 3.

Revisiting this after a few days of comments/suggestions (thanks to all), there's a limited # of equipment options on the Bf 110 series anyway. Let's get rid of Self Sealing Fuel tanks, Turret Stabilization and Improved Flaps as options because nobody seems much of a fan, most folks mention Engine Tuning and Improved Aircraft Polish as alternatives.

If +5% extra engine power equates directly to 5% extra speed (it probably doesn't equate exactly, and could be more useful acceleration-wise, a 0-60 stat might be useful for planes, not just cars) and the polish gives 5% extra maximum airspeed you've got a 10% boost to only maximum speed (I think the polish will only give benefit once you've hit maximum speed?). 

Let's take a Bf 110 C-6 as an example from the series. Top speed 500, so 10% (at best, i.e. only if you're going flat out) will get you 50 extra. 

The aircraft polish- aside from the 5% increase to only maximum speed, will get you a 25% acceleration (NOT speed) boost, meaning you'll get to maximum speed faster but only in a dive. I'm a fairly new player, but I don't see dive defined anywhere, or at least the angle I'd need to be for it to kick in. And hurtling into your dive once you know what the angle is for the extra acceleration is only going to get you to 740 kph maximum dive speed (does this get a 5% boost too?) faster, not get you any extra speed per se. 

And as a new player 50 kph to 550 kph top speed doesn't mean much to me, nor does getting to 740 kph quicker in a dive. Versus a 20% boost (28% with Protection Expert skill) to HPs, giving you 435 HP (465 with 28%), plus all the other perks, which with protection expert skill are +40% and just to recap are [with PE skill]:

1) Improved Covering: -20% [-28%] chance of critical damage to wings & tail, +5% [+7%] to aircraft HP.

2) Reinforced Airframe: -10% [-14%] chance of critical damage to engine, crew, wings & tail, +15% [+21%] to aircraft HP.

3) Additional Armor Plates: Reduces chance of pilot injury and critical damage to engines and turrets by 20% [28%].

In an ideal world, there'd be 5 equipment slots to take the Engine Tuning and Improved Aircraft Polish, but there aren't, so maybe let's leave out the tuning and the better polish and make do with bog standard. Is the 50 kph extra speed really gonna save you that often? Does getting to 740 kph 25% quicker really make that much of a difference? 

Uwe Edelsheim (yes, that's his name) thinks not. He'll take all the AA++ protection (flak seems a lot nastier in 2.0) he can get thank you, and rely on his instincts for evasion (choose your BnZ moment carefully) and gunnery skills (learn to lead better). What Uwe really needs is a lot more practice in BnZ, which I suppose brings us back to Trikke's point, aren't we the pilots?

If you get someone on your tail, the dive and acceleration is what gets you out in one piece. Power and acceleration count as much as speed. 

SpiritFoxMY #18 Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1532 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
I never used Aircraft Polish until my 262 recently but it seems to make a fair bit of difference as it means I can bleed off speed with far less consequence so long as I have some boost to help me along

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

mnbv_fockewulfe #19 Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• 236 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 08 February 2018 - 11:08 PM, said:

If you get someone on your tail, the dive and acceleration is what gets you out in one piece. Power and acceleration count as much as speed.

There's something wonky in the physics where the minimum dive angle needed to reach max speed is between -10 and -5 degrees (in most planes).

Velocity vectors aren't being "mathed" properly. Even from a basic understanding physics, this doesn't make much sense.

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 09 February 2018 - 01:44 AM.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

trikke #20 Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1583 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 08 February 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

There's something wonky in the physics where the minimum dive angle needed to reach max speed is between -10 and -5 degrees (in most planes).

Velocity vectors aren't being "mathed" properly.

Even from a basic understanding physics, this doesn't make much sense.

does this mean -5 -10 degrees down from level flight?

that's inconceivably wrong that the game could be coded that way, even to someone without a basic understanding of most things, admittedly

is it a Bigworld issue, maybe...  since no other title has objects that pitch down?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users