Jump to content


Clam Warz

clan war 2.0

  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

FIight #1 Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:58 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3593 battles
  • 702
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    09-11-2015

Players from 2 teams can negotiate and do nothing before the squall line, then after the squall line

comes, they could start to fight but are not allowed to shoot any air defense bots, thus preventing

winning by supremacy points. The team that annihilates all enemy aircraft wins. 



Perco_lator #2 Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:24 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 11 battles
  • 568
  • Member since:
    08-15-2015

View PostEinssniper, on 02 February 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

Players from 2 teams can negotiate

 

This is where your idea went wrong.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."


El_Mulo #3 Posted 02 February 2018 - 05:00 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 7690 battles
  • 299
  • Member since:
    07-10-2015

View PostEinssniper, on 02 February 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

Players from 2 teams can negotiate and do nothing before the squall line, then after the squall line

comes, they could start to fight but are not allowed to shoot any air defense bots, thus preventing

winning by supremacy points. The team that annihilates all enemy aircraft wins. 

 

View PostPerco_lator, on 02 February 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

 

This is where your idea went wrong.

 

....8.... 9....10   IT S A Knock Out!!!

LOL


Moreover you got to find 2 operational clans.


Edited by El_Mulo, 02 February 2018 - 05:01 PM.

What we say to death?

NorthernPorter #4 Posted 02 February 2018 - 05:03 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha Test Veteran
  • 1509 battles
  • 244
  • Member since:
    12-13-2011
If you get two clans to agree upon a date/time you could host a training room and battle it out in there. Not really getting and rewards for it but you get the battle. Its a pseudo clan wars. 

Bubba_Zanetti #5 Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:01 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1325 battles
  • 1,849
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostNorthernPorter, on 02 February 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

If you get two clans to agree upon a date/time you could host a training room and battle it out in there. Not really getting and rewards for it but you get the battle. Its a pseudo clan wars. 

 

You could even use challonge.com to track brackets and standings results.  Maybe a few here could admin and referee the matches.  I’m sure there’d be no issues.

 

“The sad truth is that the one thing around here is that we can always rely on is broken promises” & WarMagic the Scattering- Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo █ If a company can't handle the truth based on pixelated facts then they shouldn't be in this industry to begin with. Or stop overreaching at areas where they obviously lack the resources to make a sucess (WOWP)” - ArrowZ_  As it is, this “upgrade” is totally misdirected and completely ignores all player feedback over the past few years.  How this studio continues on with the parent company is a total mystery to me.” - Bobby_Tables  The only thing that will fix this game is for the developers to right click and hit send to trash.” - xPALEHORSEx  They've been around a good while and seen a lot of flak so they surely must know what they're doing by now.” - Catch21  All wargaming has done in all their games across the board have been stupid and greedy ideas. They are failing as a company so hard. - Veraxu  Maybe Persha should avoid patches with the number 5 in them... - mnbv-fockewulfe  You put the bombsite behind a lock until you get specialist for your bombers? That's just stupid. - comtedumas  claiming victory by fixing your own problems isn't victory, it's low brow chicanery.” - TheMadPizzler  Flying games generally don't have broad appeal, and this one has issues and the company tends to pour gasoline those issues, not fix them” - _Laserguided_   “I go to RU and (rhymes with git) all over dumb Slavs to express my rage.” - Rando CA  If you want to sell someone a car, you let them take it for a test drive, you don't run them over with it.” - Blast_Radius1  My quote + Your signature + Please = Thank You” - Prenzlau  Feelings aren't stats, now shut up and go eat tide pods” - Noreaga  “The player online count was removed October 2017 and we don't have plans to return this number to be displayed. That is the decision of the developers team.” - blindfold  After a While it Becomes Tiresome (07.06.15)” - MALICE_AT_BIRTH


FIight #6 Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:20 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3593 battles
  • 702
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    09-11-2015

View PostPerco_lator, on 02 February 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

 

This is where your idea went wrong.

 



FIight #7 Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:21 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3593 battles
  • 702
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    09-11-2015

View PostEl_Mulo, on 02 February 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

 

 

....8.... 9....10   IT S A Knock Out!!!

LOL


Moreover you got to find 2 operational clans.

HVAR is ready for clam warz, there are multiple others



WolfWiz #8 Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:11 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2444 battles
  • 125
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

View PostEinssniper, on 02 February 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

Players from 2 teams can negotiate and do nothing before the squall line, then after the squall line

comes, they could start to fight but are not allowed to shoot any air defense bots, thus preventing

winning by supremacy points. The team that annihilates all enemy aircraft wins. 

 

I agree Ein, more sporting and might as well let the copious amounts of bots fight it out while we can talk... thats only if chat works and would be nice to scroll and zoom in looking around while flying. We can all, tell none of the people programming or leading play the game or get it...

FIight #9 Posted 04 February 2018 - 02:11 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3593 battles
  • 702
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    09-11-2015

View PostWolfWiz, on 03 February 2018 - 04:11 AM, said:

 

I agree Ein, more sporting and might as well let the copious amounts of bots fight it out while we can talk... thats only if chat works and would be nice to scroll and zoom in looking around while flying. We can all, tell none of the people programming or leading play the game or get it...

 

That can be implemented in the training room, and sure we don't want bots, just delete them all.

FIight #10 Posted 04 February 2018 - 02:14 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3593 battles
  • 702
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    09-11-2015

View PostPerco_lator, on 02 February 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

 

This is where your idea went wrong.

 

I don't get how wrong it is. If the current mode does not

support clam warz, we players modify the rules to make

it capable. I am assuming you still think clam wars should

be implemented in standard battle, don't you?



Perco_lator #11 Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:01 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 11 battles
  • 568
  • Member since:
    08-15-2015

View PostEinssniper, on 03 February 2018 - 09:14 PM, said:

 

I don't get how wrong it is.

 

You don't get it & I don't feel like explaining all the reasons why player run clan wars don't work. Maybe you will have better luck than the people before you.

Edited by Perco_lator, 04 February 2018 - 04:45 AM.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."


NorthernPorter #12 Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:17 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha Test Veteran
  • 1509 battles
  • 244
  • Member since:
    12-13-2011

Perco, why do you never feel like explaining yourself?

View PostPerco_lator, on 26 January 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

 

It's quite clear you have no sense of humor so I won't even try to explain the tetris thing. ...

 

 Where or when have you experienced player run clan wars? This is not an attack but a general inquiry to your experience. Would like to try and figure out where it went wrong before and if it could be avoided.

 


Perco_lator #13 Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:17 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 11 battles
  • 568
  • Member since:
    08-15-2015

View PostNorthernPorter, on 05 February 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

Perco, why do you never feel like explaining yourself?

 

 Where or when have you experienced player run clan wars? This is not an attack but a general inquiry to your experience. Would like to try and figure out where it went wrong before and if it could be avoided.

 

In the history of this game there were several player run clan wars & tournaments, some with WG support(prizing) & some without. I can think of only one tournament that went on without some form of major drama.  Issues arise when you have competitive players that come along with egos to match coupled with varying interpretation of rule sets & sometimes distrust of who is running an event. Competitive play for some reason brings out the worst in some people even when there is nothing on the line but bragging rights. Clan wars/tournaments should to be run by WG not by the people playing in them period.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."


NorthernPorter #14 Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:35 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha Test Veteran
  • 1509 battles
  • 244
  • Member since:
    12-13-2011

View PostPerco_lator, on 05 February 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

 I can think of only one tournament that went on without some form of major drama.

Thanks Perco for explaining this more. Do you recall who organized this one tournament?

 

It sucks that people let their ego get in the way of a friendly competition/game. Why they can't just be humble enough to accept when they lose and learn from it, I don't  understand. But I agree with you in that the people organizing the tournament/competition shouldn't be gaining in any of the reward and it'd be best for WG to host it.

 

So to that extent, what if we pitched this to the WG admins and have them host it like they did the showdown last week. I mean Tragicloss had mentioned how she would be open to the idea.

View PostTragicLoss, on 29 January 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

I can consider doing a community version in the future!

 What if we set up a "Trial tournament" thread and players can sign up their name there. Those names are thrown into a random sort function to create the teams. Two of the WG admins could be the "Team Captains" where they would host the training room for the competition and go into battle to just observe it. WG could even stream it like they did the showdown if they like. And if not WG then maybe just two players or clan leaders who have their own channel act as the hosts/captains.

 

I don't think there should any rewards given out at this time as it's just a trial run to test it out, see what works until WG releases a Clan Wars/Tournament feature. I feel like this would be a fun idea and I just have a hard time accepting the "it didn't work before so it won't work again" excuse. I mean if we always bought into that excuse, the Wright brothers and other flight pioneers would have never flown and long story short we wouldn't have this game.


Edited by NorthernPorter, 06 February 2018 - 01:57 PM.


FIight #15 Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:05 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3593 battles
  • 702
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    09-11-2015

View PostPerco_lator, on 05 February 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

 

In the history of this game there were several player run clan wars & tournaments, some with WG support(prizing) & some without. I can think of only one tournament that went on without some form of major drama.  Issues arise when you have competitive players that come along with egos to match coupled with varying interpretation of rule sets & sometimes distrust of who is running an event. Competitive play for some reason brings out the worst in some people even when there is nothing on the line but bragging rights. Clan wars/tournaments should to be run by WG not by the people playing in them period.

Then have you experienced one of those events? Have you at least witnessed those battles? I am so ashamed of such

attitude, and I still remember several players left their clans in previous patch cuz their clans refused to participate in the 'Bench the

Bots' event held by MARS. "Clan wars/tournaments should to be run by WG not by the people playing" is exactly their excuse

for glorifying the cowardice of not daring to fight against humans.



FIight #16 Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:41 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3593 battles
  • 702
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    09-11-2015

A clan battle from EU server, hosted by players; PVP is the essence of this game


Edited by Einssniper, 06 February 2018 - 02:46 PM.


Perco_lator #17 Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:19 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 11 battles
  • 568
  • Member since:
    08-15-2015

View PostEinssniper, on 06 February 2018 - 09:05 AM, said:

Then have you experienced one of those events? Have you at least witnessed those battles?

 

Participated in many events & am well aware of what went on in the ones I didn't.

 

View PostEinssniper, on 06 February 2018 - 09:05 AM, said:

 I am so ashamed of such attitude, and I still remember several players left their clans in previous patch cuz their clans refused to participate in the 'Bench the

Bots' event held by MARS.

 

Your clan didn't participate either, did anyone from your clan quit WS? In fact WS failed to put teams in a few events, are you not ashamed?

Whatever the reasons are for people not participating the fact that WG has been unwilling to run any clan wars or tournaments is the main reason why things get out of hand.

 

View PostEinssniper, on 06 February 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

 

A clan battle from EU server, hosted by players; PVP is the essence of this game

 

What's the point of posting a video from a previous game version that was designed for PVP?

Let's face it, the essence of this new game is casual non-competitive PVE game play.

I find it humorous that all of a sudden you are looking for some competitive play & in the past not a peep.

 

So you want clan wars or tournaments then how about you organize & run your own thing & we will see what happens.


"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."


oldiowaguy #18 Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:40 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 127 battles
  • 1,350
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
  • Member since:
    01-15-2013

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 02 February 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

 

You could even use challonge.com to track brackets and standings results.  Maybe a few here could admin and referee the matches.  I’m sure there’d be no issues.

 

:teethhappy:

                                                                    

 


Bubba_Zanetti #19 Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:49 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1325 battles
  • 1,849
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostNorthernPorter, on 05 February 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

Perco, why do you never feel like explaining yourself?

 

 Where or when have you experienced player run clan wars? This is not an attack but a general inquiry to your experience. Would like to try and figure out where it went wrong before and if it could be avoided.

 

Peruse this forum section at your leasure:

 

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/forum/162-community-created-events-and-contests/


 

“The sad truth is that the one thing around here is that we can always rely on is broken promises” & WarMagic the Scattering- Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo █ If a company can't handle the truth based on pixelated facts then they shouldn't be in this industry to begin with. Or stop overreaching at areas where they obviously lack the resources to make a sucess (WOWP)” - ArrowZ_  As it is, this “upgrade” is totally misdirected and completely ignores all player feedback over the past few years.  How this studio continues on with the parent company is a total mystery to me.” - Bobby_Tables  The only thing that will fix this game is for the developers to right click and hit send to trash.” - xPALEHORSEx  They've been around a good while and seen a lot of flak so they surely must know what they're doing by now.” - Catch21  All wargaming has done in all their games across the board have been stupid and greedy ideas. They are failing as a company so hard. - Veraxu  Maybe Persha should avoid patches with the number 5 in them... - mnbv-fockewulfe  You put the bombsite behind a lock until you get specialist for your bombers? That's just stupid. - comtedumas  claiming victory by fixing your own problems isn't victory, it's low brow chicanery.” - TheMadPizzler  Flying games generally don't have broad appeal, and this one has issues and the company tends to pour gasoline those issues, not fix them” - _Laserguided_   “I go to RU and (rhymes with git) all over dumb Slavs to express my rage.” - Rando CA  If you want to sell someone a car, you let them take it for a test drive, you don't run them over with it.” - Blast_Radius1  My quote + Your signature + Please = Thank You” - Prenzlau  Feelings aren't stats, now shut up and go eat tide pods” - Noreaga  “The player online count was removed October 2017 and we don't have plans to return this number to be displayed. That is the decision of the developers team.” - blindfold  After a While it Becomes Tiresome (07.06.15)” - MALICE_AT_BIRTH


FIight #20 Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:58 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3593 battles
  • 702
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    09-11-2015

View PostPerco_lator, on 06 February 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

 

Participated in many events & am well aware of what went on in the ones I didn't.

Barely 100 battles combined in both 1.9 and 2.0, plz play more and say that;

View PostPerco_lator, on 06 February 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

Your clan didn't participate either, did anyone from your clan quit WS? In fact WS failed to put teams in a few events, are you not ashamed?

Whatever the reasons are for people not participating the fact that WG has been unwilling to run any clan wars or tournaments is the main reason why things get out of hand.

Some did quit and joined other clans to participate in the event. A clan tag is meaningless if you are so afraid of playing against other humans;

BTW I was not in WS any more;

View PostPerco_lator, on 06 February 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

What's the point of posting a video from a previous game version that was designed for PVP?

Let's face it, the essence of this new game is casual non-competitive PVE game play.

I find it humorous that all of a sudden you are looking for some competitive play & in the past not a peep.

Seriously, barely 100 battles, and you understand the essence of this game? Now stfu.

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users