mission UK USA rewards progression matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #1 Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:01 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2314 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

WG folks -

While I'll probably complete the pair of Rivals missions (shoot down 50 faction specific planes & win 25 battles) I'm not as yet even halfway though either of the ''Shoot down 100 faction aircraft.'' missions.

Primarily this isn't because I'm not shooting some down, but instead that in a significant number of matches played per session no aircraft of the appropriate type was present on the red team.

This same issue crops up in Warships when there are faction specific missions for an event, as unless the Coop mode is allowed more often than not folks aren't even seeing those required nationalities.

Makes it a bit hard to complete the conditions as laid out, you savvy?

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 01 February 2018 - 05:04 AM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

DataNinja #2 Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:03 AM

Master Sergeant

• 7651 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

You bet.....me too...been playing allies only since the event....

Cenotaph #3 Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2962 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
Sights are for tier 9 and 10 only, incase you wern't aware.
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Mercsn #4 Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:07 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1283 battles

View PostDataNinja, on 31 January 2018 - 11:03 PM, said:

You bet.....me too...been playing allies only since the event....

Umm...BOTH nations (USA and UK) are "Allies".  So...you've been playing both nations since the event and....?

Regarding the OP, if you're flying UK planes...it's much more difficult, depending on what tier you're flying.  What I'd noticed teamed up with a friend was that at tier 6, he was racking up kills in his mustang for the mission by shooting down the Venom and Beaufighter defense bots.  While, I, in my spitfire, was only getting credit for players that I might happen upon in a USA aircraft.

I wasn't really trying for the mission, I rarely pay attention to what they are.  But, he'd pointed out that if I wanted to work on it, we could drop down to tier 4 where the P-40 defense bots are.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Mercsn #5 Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:08 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1283 battles

View PostCenotaph, on 31 January 2018 - 11:06 PM, said:

Sights are for tier 9 and 10 only, incase you wern't aware.

But, can be earned in any tier.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #6 Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2314 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

My status might be bugged then, as it doesn't seem to be counting neutral air defense bots, just planes from the opposing combat group (red team); a [17] kill battle with P51A only notched up two UK planes.

Oh well, ''working as intended''?

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 01 February 2018 - 05:12 AM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

SpiritFoxMY #7 Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3032 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostMercsn, on 01 February 2018 - 05:07 AM, said:

I wasn't really trying for the mission, I rarely pay attention to what they are.  But, he'd pointed out that if I wanted to work on it, we could drop down to tier 4 where the P-40 defense bots are.

I thought P40s only spawned on the tier 7 Alpine maps?

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Cenotaph #8 Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2962 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostMercsn, on 01 February 2018 - 05:07 AM, said:

Regarding the OP, if you're flying UK planes...it's much more difficult, depending on what tier you're flying.  What I'd noticed teamed up with a friend was that at tier 6, he was racking up kills in his mustang for the mission by shooting down the Venom and Beaufighter defense bots.  While, I, in my spitfire, was only getting credit for players that I might happen upon in a USA aircraft.

I didn't notice getting credit for ADA, only enemy bots... regardless, I also found the complete opposite results on which nation had an easier time with kills.

UK planes were racking up kills far faster.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

SpiritFoxMY #9 Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3032 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
I just find myself spinning around swatting Yaks and LaGGs in my Spit. Not enough yanks to go around - I see more brits tbh. Usually spitfires

Mercsn #10 Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:12 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1283 battles

View PostCenotaph, on 31 January 2018 - 11:12 PM, said:

I didn't notice getting credit for ADA, only enemy bots... regardless, I also found the complete opposite results on which nation had an easier time with kills.

UK planes were racking up kills far faster.

Since it was the friend who reported that he seemed to be getting credit for the defense bots, I can't say for sure.  I was just going off what he'd told me since we didn't seem to see many planes of either nation when we were flying.

SpiritFoxMY #11 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3032 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
I've kinda given up on this tbh. After two dozen flights over the last two days I've averaged about 1 yank per battle. At this rate I doubt I'll make 100 by Sunday unless I farm baby seals at tier 1 and 2.. 

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #12 Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2314 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 01 February 2018 - 07:13 AM, said:

I've kinda given up on this tbh. After two dozen flights over the last two days I've averaged about 1 yank per battle. At this rate I doubt I'll make 100 by Sunday unless I farm baby seals at tier 1 and 2.. 

Yeah, I thought about trying tier III or even II then realized I'd still be having the issue of those required UK & USA aircraft probably not appearing on the red team while not making any progress on the planes I do play.

So for the rewards or silver equivalent, not worth the time and headache; if they get completed fine, if not also fine.

Nor will I hold my breath that future events & missions don't keep following the same pattern of dubious completion requirements so at odds with the realities of WoWPs matchmaker & gameplay.

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 01 February 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

ADFs don't count - that much I can confirm as I farmed a whole bunch of Boomerangs and Beaufighters in Corsairs and Lightnings and all I got was credit for a Hurricane II

^^ This; I got a completion on the first shoot down UK planes mission, and the requirements are very definitely not counting neutral aircraft kills.

Which however puts me only halfway for the big shoot down 100 UK aircraft mission, with just four days left to go along with a wonky server last night and today.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 01 February 2018 - 09:03 PM.

5801234590.png

SpiritFoxMY #13 Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3032 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
ADFs don't count - that much I can confirm as I farmed a whole bunch of Boomerangs and Beaufighters in Corsairs and Lightnings and all I got was credit for a Hurricane II

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #14 Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2314 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

With about twenty minutes to spare before server reset (as I didn't trust the ''two or three hours left for event'' line), I managed to complete the big UK mission at tiers V & VI.

It took about four hours or so to count out thirty odd or more aircraft, and then only because in one match I got seven plus five each in two; quite often there were no US planes, only one, or I never saw them/got the kill.

The ''Support the UK (destroy at least 1 US enemy aircraft and win the battle while flying the required aircraft)'' mission, sans losses, showed just [26] won battles while shooting down a US plane.

The US counterpart showed I had completed the criteria for it [34] times; I flew US planes at V, VI, and VII with one battle each at II & III.

Both of which indicate a lot of lost battles, or many without the right targets, as I imagine I had to have flown for each nation close to [80] times if not more.

Grinding out the US weekend mission for the hangar slot, and to complete the shoot down 100 UK aircraft mission, ran the counter on ''Tuskegee Airmen (destroy four aerial targets)'' to [51] battles.

Rivals: USA was completed Thursday afternoon.

Rivals: UK wasn't completed until Saturday afternoon.

One Shall stand: USA wasn't completed until after midnight on Sunday.

One Shall Stand: UK wasn't completed until close to server reset very late Sunday evening.

For a week and a half (?) event, a whole lot of flying; I also got too salty in a few matches as the battles drug on the last couple of hours - I definitely won't be trying to do these again for WoWPs.

Likewise, it sure wasn't much fun flying a US or UK plane during the event and IMHO promoted a lot of ill feelings as folks headhunted or got targeted just because they were flying the ''right'' plane.

I'm pretty sure I shot down the same player at least three, if not four, times in too many battles just during this weekend; it's not a playstyle I enjoy having imposed on me simply for trying to complete a mission.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 05 February 2018 - 10:53 PM.

5801234590.png

Also tagged with mission, UK, USA, rewards, progression, matchmaking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users