Terrain and GAA Bots

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

yangmang617 #1 Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:00 PM

Senior Airman

• 963 battles
There needs to be some sort of change to either they way GAA Bots AI handles how it wants to fly to a target or negotiate an obstacle.  I am seeing frequent issues of GAA bots flying in circles because it can't figure out how to fly around or over a mountain.  It can wildly favor another team when their bots do not behave that way, depending on what side they spawn etc.

LMG #2 Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:09 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 922 battles

From what I can tell, I believe bot GAAs are hard-coded to not pitch up too much at a certain speed. So if they're climbing over a mountain and reach that speed threshold they'll stop climbing, and because the mountain is in front of them they'll turn around. However, because they still understand they have to go to the other side of the mountain, they'll keep turning and meet the mountain they can't climb once again, rinse and repeat. That's the best explination I can come up with because the GAAs often get stuck close to the top of the mountain, but often not enough to get over without some boost and a steep angle. WG has slightly improved the AI over time, but I'm not sure if they'll touch on this area anytime soon :sceptic:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users