Jump to content


Joystick recommendations


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

comtedumas #21 Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:13 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3930 battles
  • 695
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    04-11-2016
What a stick needs is an option to turn on auto-rudder when flying with a stick.  You have that with a mouse/keyboard, but you don't have it with a stick.  that's the major difference i have found.  

mnbv_fockewulfe #22 Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:55 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 236 battles
  • 2,393
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

View Postcomtedumas, on 12 February 2018 - 11:13 PM, said:

What a stick needs is an option to turn on auto-rudder when flying with a stick.  You have that with a mouse/keyboard, but you don't have it with a stick.  that's the major difference i have found.

 

Do you mean auto rudder as in slip compensation?

It's turned on by default, and I recommend turning it off completely.


 


Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


comtedumas #23 Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:14 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3930 battles
  • 695
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    04-11-2016

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 12 February 2018 - 08:55 PM, said:

 

Do you mean auto rudder as in slip compensation?

It's turned on by default, and I recommend turning it off completely.


 

 

I don’t think so.  Auto rudder handles the rudder for you for a mouse.  I would live to turn on the twist rudder on ,y saitek stick (hurts my carpal tunnel) and run the stick with the auto rudder taking care of the rudder for me like it does when I use the mouse.  

DrSinister #24 Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:49 AM

    High-Tech Medic

  • -Community Ace-
  • 95 battles
  • 4,097
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Based on that video, I am the opposite.  I have tried many many times to use a mouse/kb and my accuracy dives into the dirt.  Now with a JS, I have no problems tracking my target, using Snap to Target and HAT switch to look around and I have no problems aiming with a JS.

 

It still all comes down to user preference.  Try both control schemes out and see what works for you the best.



mnbv_fockewulfe #25 Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:30 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 236 battles
  • 2,393
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013
I use both m/k and joystick on different occasions. I find myself using joystick more these days.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


Doc_Ebs #26 Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:58 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1004 battles
  • 87
  • [FPOA] FPOA
  • Member since:
    04-30-2013
I picked up a F.L.Y. 9 I don't recommend it. Some inputs are not recognized like the trigger.

sxcccy #27 Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:27 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 24 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    02-19-2018
Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS Controller

Edited by sxcccy, 14 May 2018 - 02:53 PM.


4winds04 #28 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:00 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1683 battles
  • 63
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    10-13-2015
I use a JS myself and I have since I started playing this game.  I couldn't do the mouse/keyboard combo thing.  Just not coordinated enough, I guess.  Anyway, to get back on point, for the past couple of years I had been using the Logitech 3D Pro, but the quality kind of sucks and I was replacing them like clock work on a yearly basis.  They lose their centering after a while and get really hard to reset.  That was the first two.  The third stick failure and final straw for the brand to me was control wire fatigue for the stick functions.  The wires broke inside the handle and I had to take it apart and solder them back together (3 in all, first trigger, then hat and buttons)  In the last repair I damaged the yaw (Z) axis sensor putting the stick back together and it would only make full left rudder turns.  Hard to play like that!  Now I'm using a Thrustmaster T-Flight stick x and it seams a hardier stick, but to be honest, for all its flaws I liked the Logitech better. 

Pogo68 #29 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:53 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1399 battles
  • 1,329
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
  • Member since:
    11-06-2012

View PostRico_CotC_, on 12 February 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

 

The ability to keep my eyes on my target is the sole reason I use the mouse/keyboard combo.  I prefer flying with a joystick, for sure.  I'd love to do a combo - throttle quadrant with buttons, and mouse.

 

You know there is a target track view right?

Lock the target (there is an option to bind it to a key or button, and the game automatically locks on to the target closest to center) then when you go to the external view you'll see the view from yourself to the target.


DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

DrSinister #30 Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:09 AM

    High-Tech Medic

  • -Community Ace-
  • 95 battles
  • 4,097
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Post4winds04, on 20 February 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

I use a JS myself and I have since I started playing this game.  I couldn't do the mouse/keyboard combo thing.  Just not coordinated enough, I guess.  Anyway, to get back on point, for the past couple of years I had been using the Logitech 3D Pro, but the quality kind of sucks and I was replacing them like clock work on a yearly basis.  They lose their centering after a while and get really hard to reset.  That was the first two.  The third stick failure and final straw for the brand to me was control wire fatigue for the stick functions.  The wires broke inside the handle and I had to take it apart and solder them back together (3 in all, first trigger, then hat and buttons)  In the last repair I damaged the yaw (Z) axis sensor putting the stick back together and it would only make full left rudder turns.  Hard to play like that!  Now I'm using a Thrustmaster T-Flight stick x and it seams a hardier stick, but to be honest, for all its flaws I liked the Logitech better. 

 

What I have learned after several researches I have done on the 3D Pro, is that when you 1st buy the stick you need to open it up and full rotated the pots from left to right, this will loosen up some of the build up grease on the pots to give it a better read.  Also to remove the rubber boot or trim out the center of the boot, over time the boot will just shred itself and guess where the shredded rubber material goes? Yep, right into the internals of the stick.  This will clog up the pots because it gets on the grease and clog up the buttons actuation. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users