J8M needs 1 more shot before overheat

J8M gimped plz fix

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: J8M needs 1 more shot before overheat (21 members have cast votes)

Are you in favor of adding 1 extra shot before overheat?

1. Yes (11 votes [52.38%])

Percentage of vote: 52.38%

2. No (6 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

3. I don't know enough about the J8M to comment (4 votes [19.05%])

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Desmios #1 Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1215 battles

Hey all,

At first I hated the J8M, and I still largely do, but it can be fun at times.  It is love-hate.

Once you get the hang of it, you can have consistently 'ok'/average games.  You will never (atleast not that I've seen) have a good or great game in this aircraft; 2.0 is simply not made for this type of plane.

I have gotten pretty good at it.  When you fire its 'guns', it fires 2 projectiles, that very much follow different trajectories and do not converge, making it hard to hit, even with 2+3 gunner skills and gunsight (as I have).

It has gotten to the point now where I sometimes land 100% of my projectiles (not just shots, but BOTH projectiles) thru a full cycle til the cannon overheats... the result?  The enemy plane escapes with 20 - 80hp; it really freaking sucks.

All I am asking for is 1 more shot before overheat.  That is it.  One more shot.  If I am able to lead the target so perfectly that both projectiles come out of the cannon and hit the target while flying 700 - 900 km/ph -- and do it 4 times in a row, I really feel it should be a kill (bombers and GAA excluded).  We need that 5th shot.  Landing these shots are like hitting an AWP shot in counterstrike x1000.

I don't think anyone can argue this extra shot will make the J8M overpowered -- and I can't imagine it'd take much time for the devs to make the change.

So how about it?  Lets make world of warplanes great again!  Lets get the developers to listen to the players and do something that I (hope) everyone can agree on.

Is there anyway we can get the developers to do this?  It would mean A LOT to us J8M pilots -- I mean like --- A LOT.

If you do vote no, please explain your reasoning, perhaps there is something I'm missing about the J8M.

Edited by Desmios, 30 January 2018 - 03:15 PM.

Desmios #2 Posted 30 January 2018 - 03:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1215 battles
Really?  Why would you vote no?  Just to crush my dreams and troll me?

Jager_Gunner #3 Posted 30 January 2018 - 03:18 PM

Master Sergeant

• 104 battles
  • [TWE] TWE
I chose the 3rd option. All I know about the J8M is that the are lovely targets for my XP-58.

Toggle #4 Posted 30 January 2018 - 03:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4643 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I think it does fine.  I think maybe wait until you are well within range to get max damage.  That thing can be a beast.  Then again, how many skill point pilot are you using?

Desmios #5 Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1215 battles

View PostToggle, on 30 January 2018 - 10:18 AM, said:

I think it does fine.  I think maybe wait until you are well within range to get max damage.  That thing can be a beast.  Then again, how many skill point pilot are you using?

8.  I want until I am in optimal range and slam S to maximize time on target and accuracy.

Edited by Desmios, 30 January 2018 - 04:01 PM.

Fly_Time #6 Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:13 PM

Master Sergeant

• 140 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I think that plane is op enough in the right hands,that would be like upping the fire rate on the ta152,sry not going to happen,lol

El_Mulo #7 Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:18 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 14712 battles

View PostJager_Gunner, on 30 January 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

I chose the 3rd option. All I know about the J8M is that the are lovely targets for my XP-58.

They must be piloted by noobs players to be an easy target for a XP 58.  Should be exactly the opposite.
What we say to death?

SpiritFoxMY #8 Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:20 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4888 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostEl_Mulo, on 31 January 2018 - 02:18 AM, said:

They must be piloted by noobs players to be an easy target for a XP 58.  Should be exactly the opposite.

Only ever seen one good J8M pilot before. Most of the others seem to like making long sweeping turns in the horizontal. I'm kinda tempted to try the plane myself but I'm having such a rough time in the 262 that I'm having second thoughts.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Jager_Gunner #9 Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:59 AM

Master Sergeant

• 104 battles
  • [TWE] TWE

View PostEl_Mulo, on 31 January 2018 - 02:18 AM, said:

The cannons on my XP-58 are why. It has4 30mm guns all firing in sequence.

Jager_Gunner #10 Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:00 AM

Master Sergeant

• 104 battles
  • [TWE] TWE
I just realized the plane I was thinking of is the J4M. Disregard my previous statements.

Desmios #11 Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1215 battles

View Postrb1951, on 30 January 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

I think that plane is op enough in the right hands,that would be like upping the fire rate on the ta152,sry not going to happen,lol

Can you give an example of in whose hands the plane is overpowered? Because I have watched every video about the j8m on YouTube and every video is players complaining about how horrible it is. And this is some of the best players in the game.

Also I am one of the best fighter pilots on NA. . I regularly score 15 to 25,000 every single game regardless of whether my team wins or loses from tier 2 to tier 8. In addition I contacted many players on this forum when I first got the j8m in regardless for advice on how to do it properly. Many of those players told me that the plane is trash. Many of these players are some of the best players on North America.

So I am one of the best fighter pilots on North America and the plane is not overpowered in my hands and other players I reach out to that are also some of the best fighter pilots in North America do not have the plane be overpowered in their hands, just whose hands are you talking about?

Desmios #12 Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:50 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1215 battles

View Postrb1951, on 30 January 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

Can you give an example of in whose hands the plane is overpowered? Because I have watched every video about the j8m on YouTube and every video is players complaining about how horrible it is. And this is some of the best players in the game.  I've also done a form search for j8m since the 2.0 release and see no evidence for your overpowered claim.

Also I am one of the best fighter pilots on NA. . I regularly score 15 to 25,000 every single game regardless of whether my team wins or loses from tier 2 to tier 8. In addition I contacted many players on this forum when I first got the j8m in regardless for advice on how to do it properly. Many of those players told me that the plane is trash. Many of these players are some of the best players on North America.

So I am one of the best fighter pilots on North America and the plane is not overpowered in my hands and other players I reach out to that are also some of the best fighter pilots in North America do not have the plane be overpowered in their hands, just whose hands are you talking about?   Do you have anything to back up your assertion?

also I think it's funny that you would consider the fact that I land every single projectile out of the cannon on target and that is not in the right hands. I'm literally playing the plane perfectly in that situation according to you it should be overpowered and it is clearly not.

Desmios #13 Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:53 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1215 battles

View PostToggle, on 30 January 2018 - 10:18 AM, said:

Can you show me any videos or any screenshots or any stats that indicate that the j8m is a beast? Because everything I see indicates it is exactly mediocre even in the hands of some of the best players

Johnny_Wishbone #14 Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 505 battles

It’s hampered by the meta more than anything.  Its true strength is at high altitude, because it can reach >4000m much faster and move around much better at those altitudes than anything else at its tier.  If the meta were more friendly toward high-altitude combat, you’d feel very differently.  My best games in the Rice Rocket have been the ones where I baited high-altitude aircraft like the Me262 or P-51H or Ta152 into fighting me above 3500 meters, and because I can move around much better, I can hammer them very easily, especially since airspeeds are much lower up there, making for much easier gunnery.  It’s quite a riot to watch a 262 stall out and fall over with its rocket booster blazing.

EDIT:  Just flew her again this morning (2/1/18), trying to stay above 3500 meters.  Obviously I didn't see much action, but any time someone (human or bot) came up to play, I handed their @ss to them.

Edited by Johnny_Wishbone, 01 February 2018 - 04:56 PM.

FIight #15 Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:17 PM

• 5069 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

J8M is by no means OP, and it's falling into the category of trash planes, at least in 2.0.

This patch just obliterate any chance for high-altitude fighters with nasty firepower or planes

with large calibre weapons.

I got J8M free from the giveaway, but I don't like it in this meta--with 2 pea-shooting cannon

you never gonna be as efficient as any other fighters. 

Planes effective in high altitude now are forced to fly low and compete with all those bastard

yaks, Las, and zeros. Though J8M can effectively kill some HFs or bombers, it can't impact

the battlefield much like those mid-to-low maneuverable fighters as well as bombers and GAAs.

IMO the failure of J8M is the reason why I insist in increasing firepower of all weapons. In pre 1.5

patch J8M has much higher ROF and would still be okay in killing enemy planes, and fighters

with nasty firepower will be benefited so much that they can efficiently kill GAAs/bomber and impact

the battlefield as much. I believe OP understands how weak J8M is and it would be much pain if he

spends real money on that stuff that is not working as intended.

1 more shot is not enough, and I would like its rate of fire doubled, or tripled, at least!

Edited by Einssniper, 31 January 2018 - 11:22 PM.

FIight #16 Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:44 PM

• 5069 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostDesmios, on 30 January 2018 - 10:47 PM, said:

Can you give an example of in whose hands the plane is overpowered? Because I have watched every video about the j8m on YouTube and every video is players complaining about how horrible it is. And this is some of the best players in the game.

So I am one of the best fighter pilots on North America and the plane is not overpowered in my hands and other players I reach out to that are also some of the best fighter pilots in North America do not have the plane be overpowered in their hands, just whose hands are you talking about?i

Calm down bro, it is in vain you trying to argue with someone about how bad a plane is. They will always say:" a plane is good if the pilot is good."

Yep I can kill most of them easily when I was in my FW-252 and they in their F-86s, that's not saying fw-252 is a good plane, indeed it is bad as s***.

A plane is good if you can perform much better than in other planes. It is subject to personal favor and skill, and your sense of map as well as coordination

of team. However, the standard of judging a plane is good or not still falls in your hand, and if you feel you are way underperforming compared to other planes

no matter how much effort you put it's still a bad plane. When I complained about how bad FW-252 is, some just constantly saying it's good, cuz they'd get some

luck in it to slaughter bots. Any planes can slaughter bots and that's not dependent on how good a plane is.

I still remember some of those IDs who constantly say fw-252 is so good, and those egocentrics asked me to 'learn'. Yep I learned, some of them get killed over and

over by my me-262HGII in the previous patch. I still remember one battle in which I basically annihilated their team with my me-262HGII, with at least 4 humans on

each side, and that guy, cloaked in his fw-252 get rekt badly while he is trying to dodge shells. They never gonna learn the truth. Like you lose 1 battle to them but win

9 battles against them, they will always remember the 1 battle and ignore the 9 battles. Can't blame them, it's human nature.

Johnny_Wishbone #17 Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 505 battles

View PostEinssniper, on 31 January 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

with 2 pea-shooting cannon

If you think the cannon on the J8M are pea shooters, you need to take a Motrin or something.  Inaccurate, unpredictable, hard to use?  Definitely.  Pea shooter?  Hell no.

And no, it'll never be particularly efficient.  It's a weird, freaky toy, more than anything.  It's a hell of a lot of fun and can even work well when you play it right, but its competency is really quite narrow.

SpiritFoxMY #18 Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:24 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4888 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Its a frustrating plane to fight, that much I'll say, when flown properly. But I agree with most of the opinion that its probably underpowered - it looks to suffer the same issues as the 262 and lord knows that plane is tricky

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Desmios #19 Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1215 battles
<3 thank you for some of the positive reinforcement guys, I thought I was losing my mind all alone!

Toggle #20 Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:36 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4643 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostDesmios, on 31 January 2018 - 03:53 AM, said:

Can you show me any videos or any screenshots or any stats that indicate that the j8m is a beast? Because everything I see indicates it is exactly mediocre even in the hands of some of the best players

Gee, I would have been able to show video, but WG removed (yet another feature removed from game...  Thanks WG) that from 2.0.

The thing about the J8 is, it does not fly like anything other plane.  If you're going to spend time in it, you need to retrain yourself for what it does and how to get the most out of it.

It is NOT a carry plane.  If that's what you're looking for look elsewhere.  It is a fun plane to fly and there are tactics you can deploy that can change the tide of battle and help your team win.

Operating tips:

1.  Don't hit boost with your nose pointed at the ground.  Especially at low altitude. I put her in the dirt too many times.

2.  Take care of the high game.  It is a great heavy killer and can take bombers in a few passes.   

3.  Do the TT.  Fly out to get the OpFor chasing you.  They will not catch you, but if you have the mob chasing you, they are not attacking your planes or ground targets at the objective.  This lets your team take advantage by capping the essential objective first.

4.  If you have the meter but your team is dying.  You can disengage at any time in that plane.  J8 for the win just for surviving.

5. As you make a pass, damage everything you can along the way.  You don't have to kill it, just beat the snot out of it so AA or your bots can finish them, or you on your next pass.  It's not about getting the ACE, it's about the win.

Edited by Toggle, 05 February 2018 - 05:39 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users