The_Wild_Weasel #1 Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1571 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

F6F

F8F Bearcat

Typhoons/Tempest

(Italian line)

pretty certain WG is still working on the tech trees.

LMG #2 Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1496 battles

I wonder if the Typhoon will end up as a GAA. I've found the Hurricane II to be rather effective at taking out ground targets with the quad 20s, so it'd be interesting if the Typhoon was  made sort of like a GAA/MR hybrid :sceptic:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

pyantoryng #3 Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:14 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1303 battles

The Grumman planes will come in full line or never...that's how WoWP operates.

I doubt the Hawkers will stay incomplete forever...but for now, expect no new planes for at least a new months...they need to fix chat.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Wombatmetal #4 Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:39 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 750 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 29 January 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

The Grumman planes will come in full line or never...that's how WoWP operates.

I doubt the Hawkers will stay incomplete forever...but for now, expect no new planes for at least a new months...they need to fix chat.

not how they are operating here. F2F, F3F, F4F, and F7F are in the game, and I bet there are tier 9 and 10 Grummans in as well. F6F F8F would round out the line

NorthernPorter #5 Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 1227 battles
I think a lot of people would like to see the F6F and F8F come into the game. I know I would at least. It'd be nice to see the Grumman & Hawker line fill out.

pyantoryng #6 Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:43 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1303 battles

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 29 January 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

not how they are operating here. F2F, F3F, F4F, and F7F are in the game, and I bet there are tier 9 and 10 Grummans in as well. F6F F8F would round out the line

Those are serving the role of filler (albeit logical evolutions) rather than being part of its own line, with the exception of F7F, as the US HF line is a mixture of twin-engined heavy planes rather than any one specific firm.

Its role would probably overlap with Corsair so they were put on hold indefinitely after four years of asking. With the Hawkers and German bombers being partially released (for whatever reason, most likely a rushjob to have something new for an event), maybe it is time for a change in policy...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

El_Mulo #7 Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:52 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5434 battles

I think that if they do it correctly the F6F will be too much for its tier.(like it was in the WW2).

Edited by El_Mulo, 30 January 2018 - 02:54 AM.

What we say to death?

Mercsn #8 Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:30 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

View PostLMG, on 29 January 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

I wonder if the Typhoon will end up as a GAA. I've found the Hurricane II to be rather effective at taking out ground targets with the quad 20s, so it'd be interesting if the Typhoon was  made sort of like a GAA/MR hybrid :sceptic:

I wanted this for the FW 190 F since back when they announced the line was coming up in beta.  The "role" doesn't really fit in with the current LF, HF, MR roles, but both a typhoon or fw 190 f could work as premium "GA", where premium planes often have quirks that don't fit into the tech tree groups.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Mercsn #9 Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:33 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 29 January 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

Those are serving the role of filler (albeit logical evolutions) rather than being part of its own line, with the exception of F7F, as the US HF line is a mixture of twin-engined heavy planes rather than any one specific firm.

Its role would probably overlap with Corsair so they were put on hold indefinitely after four years of asking. With the Hawkers and German bombers being partially released (for whatever reason, most likely a rushjob to have something new for an event), maybe it is time for a change in policy...

Absolutely no reason that they can't do a dead-end tree branching off of and coinciding with those vehicles for players who've wanted them for over 4 years

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users