Hackers

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

cdubbs716 #1 Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:56 PM

Senior Airman

• 6311 battles
  • [THC-] THC-
Has anyone noticed that when the squad with the number 1 shield is in a lobby, they have faster planes much more armor and weapons then everyone else. Your plane won't turn properly and weapons are weaker. They have the whole map  in under a minute. 

Edited by cdubbs716, 26 January 2018 - 01:56 PM.

IronWolfV #2 Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

The OP, tin foil much?

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

-Starbuck, Battlestar Galactica

LMG #3 Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles
That shield only indicates that they are in a flight, which is our equivalent of a party. Players on a flight usually coordinate better among themselves because they're friends, clanmates, or something along those lines. I believe WoWp manages most of the important stuff on the servers, so it's unlikely to get hacked, just like the other WG titles
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

FIight #4 Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:17 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 5069 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

No hacking methods can change your weapon damage or turn rate, 

that's basics of server-side processing. Unless the server gets ripped...

MARS_REVENANT #5 Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:45 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5776 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
I have noticed this... when I am flighted in the lobby.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Martymart1976 #6 Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6237 battles
  • [FK] FK
Most flights have clanmates who coordinate strategy over Discord or Teamspeak.  Nothing wrong with this, just using the tools they are given to play the game. Discord and Teamspeak are free.

Captain_Rownd #7 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• 4298 battles

View Postcdubbs716, on 26 January 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

Has anyone noticed that when the squad with the number 1 shield is in a lobby, they have faster planes much more armor and weapons then everyone else. Your plane won't turn properly and weapons are weaker. They have the whole map  in under a minute. 

They have a superpower called "teamwork", and if they've invested time in that then they probably also have higher motivation, more experience, and better upgrades and consumables loaded.  Most of us are just grinding the tech tree through trying to figure things out and don't have any upgrade/consumable toys loaded on our planes. 

Edited by Captain_Rownd, 26 January 2018 - 04:25 PM.

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9

IronWolfV #8 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles
The Hackusation is just a Dunning-Kruger response because a person can't accept someone got the better of them. Period, the end.

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

Florida_Man_ #9 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:52 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 99 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postcdubbs716, on 26 January 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

Not hacking from what you've said.

Most of the stuff that looks wrong in game is related to lag, and WG's choice of crap servers.

*   MAKE WOWP GREAT AGAIN :honoring:   *

Andreas_Jager #10 Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:12 PM

Master Sergeant

• 614 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 26 January 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

They have a superpower called "teamwork", and if they've invested time in that then they probably also have higher motivation, more experience, and better upgrades and consumables loaded.  Most of us are just grinding the tech tree through trying to figure things out and don't have any upgrade/consumable toys loaded on our planes. 

GASP!!! Teamwork??? The heck you say!

lmbo... Seriously, teamwork can not be over rated.

Mercsn #11 Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:22 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2993 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostIronWolfV, on 26 January 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

The Hackusation is just a Dunning-Kruger response because a person can't accept someone got the better of them. Period, the end.

When you and your flightmate, in spitfire and zero, both get out turned at low altitude by a player F4u, Duning and Kruger can stick it:  something isn't right.  

Ironically, the post I quoted is also covered under the Duning Kruger theory in that the player does not have sufficient information to determine what occurred in the OPs situation.  Yet, even without sufficient information, this poster is certain he knows what's going on and is confident in asserting such.

THAT, is Duning Kruger in exactly the same way as the poster implied for the OP, not knowing that you don't know, but being certain that you do. 

I wish the duning kruger aficionados would stick to wot, or at least the wot forums.

Edited by Mercsn, 26 January 2018 - 05:28 PM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

IronWolfV #12 Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

View PostMercsn, on 26 January 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

When you and your flightmate, in spitfire and zero, both get out turned at low altitude by a player F4u, Duning and Kruger can stick it:  something isn't right.  

Ironically, the post I quoted is also covered under the Duning Kruger theory in that the player does not have sufficient information to determine what occurred in the OPs situation.  Yet, even without sufficient information, this poster is certain he knows what's going on and is confident in asserting such.

THAT, is Duning Kruger in exactly the same way as the poster implied for the OP, not knowing that you don't know, but being certain that you do. 

I wish the duning kruger aficionados would stick to wot, or at least the wot forums.

Except like you said, he gave no background, nor did he give ANY kind of scenario like you just laid out. Instead he spouted a bunch of garbage which is why I slapped him with that.

Really wish you wouldn't coming running to defend someone like that. He deserved it for a trash post and ya know it.

Stab74 #13 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:13 PM

Senior Airman

• 1620 battles
  • [B_C_S] B_C_S
So that's how you spot hackers.  They have the #1 hacker shield in the player list!  Got it.

Wombatmetal #14 Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1142 battles

Reminds me of a WOT story.

I was in a match on Live Oaks out by the train tracks in my T67 (back when it was a T49). There was a player hiding behind a train car. I had a shot underneath the car so I shot him til he died. 

He called me a hacker and reported me. I told him to make sure he said I was using the choo choo hack

Conspiracies abound in these games

DrSinister #15 Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:50 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 128 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Here we go again and I will leave this here again:

View PostDrSinister, on 04 April 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

Since WoWp, WoT, and WoWs uses Server Sided data to determine what goes on in game (hence why people with high latency suffer the most) it is hard to actually this game to give a advantage over other players.  But there are client side hacks that can be used but I explained in another thread why these are pointless to try in a game like this.

View PostDrSinister, on 17 November 2016 - 06:45 PM, said:

There are 3 types of hacks that can be done without actually touching the server, 2 of these would do a lot better by injecting themselves into the exe but many online gaming companies have ways to detect the injections.

1.  Rate of Fire (RoF) hack, this can be done via software (AHK, AutoIt, AutoKey, etc) or hardware (any gaming mouse/keyboard that has onboard memory to make macros).  Unfortunately in WoWp RoF is actually controlled via the game and server so no matter how fast you can simulate a mouse click the bullets in WoWp will not shoot any faster then what the game allows.

2.  ESP hack.  This intercepts the positioning data from the server to your PC then you would use software to create an overlay on your screen to display an indicator of where both friendlies and enemies are located on your screen.  Now this one is countered by WG because unless you are spotting or another player is spotting that enemy target then the server will not release the position data to that client's PC.  So to even use this type of hack is useless because you will already see the target on your map or on screen when they are spotted.

3. Auto Aim/Headshot Hack, this can be done client side by taking the positioning data (that has been already release by the server in WG's games) and use other API data (relative speed, altitude, etc) to get a better shooting solution then what the lead indicator in game provides.  The issue with this type of hack is that planes are always in constant motion, so for the hack to move your cursor to "aim" at the proper spot to get the best shot would cause the plane to change directions, thus ultimately causing the hacker to be more of a bot because it would have to take movement control.  Where as with other FPS games you can still move your character and the hack only changes the camera mouse movement to put the crosshairs on target.  Also there is a minor Auto Aim that is already built into the game (kinda like how consoles have in FPS games).  Yes you could use a hack like this for Rockets but the issue with that is the Rockets do not have a set fuse timer.  So this makes Rockets still random if it will actually do full damage.

Now other hacks usually will require a server data manipulation and this would require a lot more work to really make this any useful and WG would be able to detect this intrusion.  

I and a couple friends during Closed Beta have manipulated client files to see what can and can not be done.  Pretty much the conclusion came down is that we can modify a lot of the visual aspect of the client.  For example, I manipulated a file that visually showed that my bullets were shooting to my right 90 degrees from the nose of the plane.  Then I had another player fly to my right as I saw the bullet stream appear to be hitting his plane, but no damage was being registered.  Then I had him fly in front of my plane, even though the bullet stream was not there the client still registered damage on the plane.  This proves that the data for the actually registering if its a hit or not is all server sided.

Hacking, at least in this game, is a lot harder then other games because of the server sided confirmations that have to be done before the client will do it.  That is also why latency plays a huge factor in this type of game.

That is my 2 cents on this matter.

Edited by DrSinister, 27 January 2018 - 02:51 AM.

LMG #16 Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:59 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

I'm not sure if it's funny or just kinda off-putting that even the Bots call hacks when they're shot down :sceptic:

MagusGerhardt #17 Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:35 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 870 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostLMG, on 26 January 2018 - 06:59 PM, said:

I'm not sure if it's funny or just kinda off-putting that even the Bots call hacks when they're shot down :sceptic:

It's an acknowledgement of part of gamer culture.  

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

SlappedbyRommel #18 Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2067 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostStab74, on 26 January 2018 - 08:13 PM, said:

So that's how you spot hackers.  They have the #1 hacker shield in the player list!  Got it.

And I thought I was in a flight ......lol now we are hackers that is really funny I must admit. I did notice the ones without the 1 and the shield do die faster though.

I_QQ_4_U #19 Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2111 battles
Imagine how much the number 2 shield guys are hacking!

LMG #20 Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:46 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

I thought this topic was dead already :sceptic:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users