World of Warplanes crashed two of my computers!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

YomKippur73 #1 Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:36 AM

Airman Basic

• 1380 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
I downloaded World of Warplanes on my Dell Inspiron PC and played it for about two weeks before the computer crashed, then I bought a Cybertron 16GB gaming computer; it fared even worse, crashing after just two days. What is going on here? Don't give me any techno mumbo jumbo. I bought a computer that was specifically built for playing games with a ton of memory and it still crashed. I've noticed in the missions I've flown some planes flying straight and level and not maneuvering as if they are no longer under the player's control. I found them easy targets but those times made me wonder; are they the result of other players' computers that crashed in the middle of a match like mine did? Even if the game crashes its supposed to return you to your Windows home screen, not destroy your computer along with it. If there is a bug in this game destroying people's computers it needs to be fixed.

Edited by YomKippur73, 26 January 2018 - 04:40 PM.

mnbv_fockewulfe #2 Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:44 AM

First Lieutenant

• 236 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

In order to ensure that the problem is with your computer it is advised that you buy a new computer and install WOWP.

Deleting anything having to do with your OS may prevent a crash with WOWP.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Rockstone_ #3 Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:45 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 5 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
It's not your computers this game has been a mess for years.:facepalm:

Chuck_norris10 #4 Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:15 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 65 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostRockstone_, on 25 January 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

It's not your computers this game has been a mess for years.:facepalm:

True,I did the same thing,bought one and then bought an asus build gaming computer.

This game has had problems since beta and I just got back from a 20 day work shift,logged in and let it update and it totally crashed my gamer.

This is why it has never took off.

30,000 matches and nothings changed.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #5 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:53 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

ayup, A web search will turn up years of threads on reddit or the like about persistent memory leak issues with WG titles or the Big World platform of which WoWPs is undoubtedly the worst offender.

Shame.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

Mercsn #6 Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:35 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

If you're saying the computer crashed, as in the hardware failed, not just the game crashed (software). Something else is up. Heat, electrical issues, bad build or refurbished parts, etc.  

Or...somebody was visiting the good Russian pron sites and collecting enough malware to kill the OS.  That'll do it too.

Wowp software will crash. But, if your pc is breaking, it's something else. 

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

GUNDY_ #7 Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:08 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 93 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostYomKippur73, on 25 January 2018 - 08:36 PM, said:

I downloaded World of Warplanes on my Dell Inspiron PC and played it for about two weeks before the computer crashed, then I bought a Cybertron 16GB gaming computer; it fared even worse, crashing after just two days. What is going on here? Don't give me any techno mumbo jumbo. I bought a computer that was specifically built for playing games with a ton of memory and it still crashed. I've noticed in the missions I've flown some planes flying straight and level and not maneuvering as if they are no longer under the player's control. I found them easy targets but those times made me wonder; are they the result of other players' computers that crashed in the middle of a match like mine did? Even if the game crashes its supposed to return you to your Windows home screen, not destroy your computer along with it. If there is a bug in this game destroying peoples computers it needs to be fixed.

It is the WG launcher that they created. When it's updating your games, it does something to the internet causes you not to be able to web surf or play another another. It requires a restart, and sometimes a modem reset. Their software is a virus!

Joiea #8 Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:39 PM

Senior Airman

• 1190 battles

How did your computer crash? You did not give any details. I had a major computer crash recently (3 days ago), but it was definitely a windows update issue. Were you unable to ‘restore to previous version’ through your windows repair option?

to gundy: you’re... able to easily browse when installing games? My comp can only focus on installs and game downloads no matter the launcher WG/Blizzard/Steam. Why would you browse the Internet with updating? It slows your internet download and disk usage.

YomKippur73 #9 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:27 PM

Airman Basic

• 1380 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostJoiea, on 26 January 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

How did your computer crash? You did not give any details. I had a major computer crash recently (3 days ago), but it was definitely a windows update issue. Were you unable to ‘restore to previous version’ through your windows repair option?

to gundy: you’re... able to easily browse when installing games? My comp can only focus on installs and game downloads no matter the launcher WG/Blizzard/Steam. Why would you browse the Internet with updating? It slows your internet download and disk usage.

The motherboards burned out on both computers.

Bubba_Zanetti #10 Posted 27 January 2018 - 03:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1274 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

That’s quite the coincidence...looked up,cybertron...weird company, HQ in Kansas, support emails point to a .ca Canadian domain, office in Cairo...what brand mobo did they use?

As the saying goes “third times a charm”...

forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/42410-wg-incompetence/           ^- Over two years awaiting moderation on the WOWP Blog.

“The sad truth is that the one thing around here is that we can always rely on is broken promises” - Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo

Mercsn #11 Posted 27 January 2018 - 11:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

View PostYomKippur73, on 26 January 2018 - 10:27 AM, said:

The motherboards burned out on both computers.

Googling around, I found threads on various causes of burnt mobos. They were things like loose motherboard screws, loose cpu coolers, loose cables contacting the mobo, a ram stick not properly inserted melting the socket  (pc still worked if that socket was left empty), psu (power supply unit) issues, power surge issues from the household electric, and that sort of thing.

Basically, anything coming in contact with the mobo, loose metal peices, or things not securely plugged in can cause a short or enough resistance to melt stuff.

If you're getting warranty replacements, ask them to put it together properly,  without using refurbished parts.

Even if the pc is properly assembled, a cheap mobo can kill itself from using junk electrical components or poor quality assembly resulting in things coming loose and shorting. 

Unfortunately, mobo and psu are great places for budget builders to skimp. Because the mobo is covered up with stuff and the pc has a cord, people forget about or can't easily see these parts.  

YomKippur73 #12 Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

Airman Basic

• 1380 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 26 January 2018 - 01:44 AM, said:

In order to ensure that the problem is with your computer it is advised that you buy a new computer and install WOWP.

Deleting anything having to do with your OS may prevent a crash with WOWP.

Why should I buy a new computer? So it can crash that one too? I already bought a computer that had a ton of memory (16GB) and was specifically designed for gaming. You would have to go to the Pentagon to find a better one.

Edited by YomKippur73, 27 January 2018 - 05:33 PM.

Bubba_Zanetti #13 Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1274 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostYomKippur73, on 27 January 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

Why should I buy a new computer? So it can crash that one too? I already bought a computer that had a ton of memory (16GB) and was specifically designed for gaming. You would have to go to the Pentagon to find a better one.

He was being sarcastic...

forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/42410-wg-incompetence/           ^- Over two years awaiting moderation on the WOWP Blog.

“The sad truth is that the one thing around here is that we can always rely on is broken promises” - Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo

Mercsn #14 Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:34 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

View PostYomKippur73, on 27 January 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

Just fyi, 16gb isn't a lot or ram these days. My laptop has 24gb.  Ram also has no effect on how well a cut-rate pc builder puts their product together or what other parts they skimped on to get you a "good deal" on a "gaming pc".

WoWP didn't kill your rigs.  You got ripped off on them and shoddy parts or assembly killed them.

YomKippur73 #15 Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:46 PM

Airman Basic

• 1380 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostMercsn, on 28 January 2018 - 05:34 AM, said:

Just fyi, 16gb isn't a lot or ram these days. My laptop has 24gb.  Ram also has no effect on how well a cut-rate pc builder puts their product together or what other parts they skimped on to get you a "good deal" on a "gaming pc".

WoWP didn't kill your rigs.  You got ripped off on them and shoddy parts or assembly killed them.

​The repair man I took it to suggested as much and he's still working on it. The game was fun while it lasted and I really want to play it again. I'm open to suggestions.

Edited by YomKippur73, 28 January 2018 - 05:50 PM.

Mercsn #16 Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:36 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

View PostYomKippur73, on 28 January 2018 - 11:46 AM, said:

​The repair man I took it to suggested as much and he's still working on it. The game was fun while it lasted and I really want to play it again. I'm open to suggestions.

I've never taken a pc in to a repair place.  When I had towers, I did them myself.  The last 7 years have been solely "laptops" and the few things needed there (screen replacement, ssd and ram upgrades) I did myself also.

So, I don't know what kind of repair place you took it to.  But, see if they can give you some kind of guarantee or warranty on their work, at least for whatever parts they replace.  I don't know if this is a thing, though, in pc repair.  You can at least ask that they've checked the insides out to make sure everything is securely and properly installed.  You might also ask if the power supply is sufficient for the CPU and GPU being used.  Although, once you start asking questions like this, you probably open yourself up to being ripped off again if the people are the least bit unscrupulous because they'll realize that you know absolutely nothing about the machine or what's in it (like those brake repair shops that try to sell you new parts even though yours are fine).  The shop may start suggesting this and that to you when you really don't need it.

If all else fails, you can use this as an experiment in how to assemble your own pc.  Replacing a motherboard is a fairly simple matter of just unplugging and unscrewing some stuff and then putting said stuff back together with the new mobo, while avoiding static electricity.  If you have 2 broken units, even if you get one back that works, you still have one that you can take apart to look at how it all goes together without risk...since it's already not working.

These days, there's probably tons of youtube vids showing you exactly what is what and what goes where and how to check power supply requirements, memory types, etc, etc.

Best of luck with getting something that runs reliably!

Edited by Mercsn, 29 January 2018 - 03:38 AM.

trikke #17 Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1609 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostYomKippur73, on 28 January 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

good news about YK73...  alive and well and shot me down twice in the same battle this afternoon!     o7
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users