Certification Test is needed

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

El_Mulo #1 Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3540 battles

Who had played a lot in this game (2.0)  surely knows that it's a TEAM game. That fact determines that in almost all battles you need a good team perfomance in order to succeed; and it s nothing more frustating that a bunch of " new gamers " in your team that don t have a minimun clue of what to do and, moreover, don t noticed that there is someone trying to communicate what to do in order to win.  This make all these players go with the herd of bots against Garrisons when there are Military Bases, Command Center or Mining Plants that are obviously better Sectors to capture and determinating for the battle result.  Also these people use to don't have a clear idea of what is the purpose of their planes, so you can see them attacking ground with a P51 or pursuing a bomber that flies at 3000 mts in a I16 or an Il 2 (I saw this last one.... pathetic). This last situation worsen with the " give away "  of numerous planes allowing for example that a player with few battles can fly in T8. 

All this situations makes the game difficult to win, no matter your efforts,  causing frustation that leeds to decrease of population.
To solve this I propose a kind of " CERTIFICATION TEST", a single one that everyone could fullfill in 2 minutes in which WG would interrogate about:
1) the Sector characteristics, and
2) the use of each type of plane.

This would assure that all players know which plane to choose in order to fullfill the mission and which Sector is more convinience to conquer first.
If the player don t do this TEST he must not be allowed to play over T2.
I propose this test to be passed by ALL players news and veterans.

Pd:  Would be great if WG implement the old CHAT windows that was more clear to read and far more noticeable when someone write in it.

Thanks

Edited by El_Mulo, 25 January 2018 - 09:19 PM.

What we say to death?

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• 304 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostEl_Mulo, on 24 January 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

Who had played a lot in this game (2.0)  surely knows that it's a TEAM game. That fact determines that in almost all battles you need a good team perfomance in order to succeed; and it s nothing more frustating that a bunch of " new gamers " in your team that don t have a minimun clue of what to do and, moreover, don t noticed that there is someone trying to communicate what to do in order to win.  This make all these players go with the herd of bots against Garrisons when there are Military Bases, Command Center or Mining Plants that are obviously better Sectors to capture and determinating for the battle result.  Also these people use to don't have a clear idea of what is the purpose of their planes, so you can see them attacking ground with a P51 or pursuing a bomber that flies at 3000 mts in a I16 or an Il 2 (I saw this last one.... pathetic). This last situuation worsen with the " give away "  of numerous planes allowing for example that a player with few battles can fly in T8. 

All this situations makes the game difficult to win, no matter your efforts,  causing frustation that leeds to decrease of population.
To solve this I propose a kind of " CERTIFICATION TEST", a single one that everyone could fullfill in 2 minutes in which WG would interrogate about:

This would assure that all players know which plane to choose in order to fullfill the mission and which Sector is more convinience to conquer first.

mulo... I'm going to cheat off angry turtle

:B

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Fly_Time #3 Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:39 PM

Master Sergeant

• 133 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

oh nooooooo! not angry turtle,lol

Zapperguy #4 Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:57 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Who had played a lot in this game (2.0)  surely knows that it's a TEAM game. That fact determines that in almost all battles you need a good team perfomance in order to succeed; and it s nothing more frustating that a bunch of " new gamers " in your team that don t have a minimun clue of what to do and, moreover, don t noticed that there is someone trying to communicate what to do in order to win.  This make all these players go with the herd of bots against Garrisons when there are Military Bases, Command Center or Mining Plants that are obviously better Sectors to capture and determinating for the battle result.  Also these people use to don't have a clear idea of what is the purpose of their planes, so you can see them attacking ground with a P51 or pursuing a bomber that flies at 3000 mts in a I16 or an Il 2 (I saw this last one.... pathetic). This last situuation worsen with the " give away "  of numerous planes allowing for example that a player with few battles can fly in T8. 

Pd:  Would be great if WG implement the old CHAT windows that was more clear to read and far more noticeable when someone write in it.

Thanks

I'll give this a try...

1. Sectors are stupid.
  2. Tier 8 Chance-Vought XF5U Pancake: Heavy Fighter, delicious with syrup. 
    Spoiler

Do I qualify for high tiers?

:unsure:

Founder of the original CLOWN clan. Haven't lost a single member in over 3 years of existence.

Perco_lator #5 Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

Certification Test for WOWP

Please answer one(1) of the following questions

#1  - Can you tie your own shoes?                                  yes        no

#2  - Can you do up the velcro on your shoes?               yes        no

Conditions for passing this test

- You were able to answer yes to question #1 or question #2

or

- You are able to provide a doctors note detailing why you are not physically capable of meeting one of the required qualifications

Upon completion & passing this test you may download, install & play WOWP

Fail conditions

- You answered no to question #1 or question #2

or

- You could not follow directions & answered both questions

upon failure of this test you are deemed qualified to immediately download,install & play WOT.

* IMPORTANT NOTICE *   You may be required to be retested any time without prior notice & if you fail the test you are required to uninstall WOWP immediately.

Upon a failed test you may reapply after a 7 day cool down period.

mnbv_fockewulfe #6 Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• 148 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
I selected both answers.:ohmy:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

BuffaloTime #7 Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:12 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1896 battles
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY
If you use Velcro you are disqualified.

LMG #8 Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:46 AM

• 945 battles

What about shoes that don't use Velcro or shoelaces? :ohmy:

Edited by LMG, 25 January 2018 - 12:46 AM.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Perco_lator #9 Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostLMG, on 24 January 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

What about shoes that don't use Velcro or shoelaces? :ohmy:

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 24 January 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

I selected both answers.:ohmy:

Enjoy your 7 day cool down period after which you may retake the test.

Edited by Perco_lator, 25 January 2018 - 01:28 AM.

Perco_lator #10 Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostBuffaloTime, on 24 January 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

If you use Velcro you are disqualified.

The question was can you use velcro not if. Either way we do not discriminate against velcro users, in fact it is a skill that can only be used by a highly functional being.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #11 Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:58 AM

First Lieutenant

• 304 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I don't know if this is pertinent to the conversation but,

despite having TWO, yes two cerebral ganglia... I have yet to experience an earthworm effectively use velcro 

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

vcharng #12 Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:12 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1896 battles

View PostEl_Mulo, on 24 January 2018 - 08:59 PM, said:

And what are you gonna do with those who failed? ban them?

A more actionable version of your suggestion would be a more detailed tutorial with a quiz for recap.

There's a game on Steam called From the Depths, which is a sandbox game with extreme complexity and a learning curve of 100+ hours (as in to be able to even begin to actually build something and fight), and even so, all the devs dared to do was a series of tutorials with quizzes which give you xp bonuses if you answer each question correctly, and there's no penalty for failing the quiz whatsoever.

Zapperguy #13 Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:24 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostPerco_lator, on 24 January 2018 - 08:27 PM, said:

The question was can you use velcro not if. Either way we do not discriminate against velcro users, in fact it is a skill that can only be used by a highly functional being.

Great, I've found 2 new players

Founder of the original CLOWN clan. Haven't lost a single member in over 3 years of existence.

El_Mulo #14 Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:40 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3540 battles

View Postvcharng, on 25 January 2018 - 03:12 AM, said:

And what are you gonna do with those who failed? ban them?

A more actionable version of your suggestion would be a more detailed tutorial with a quiz for recap.

There's a game on Steam called From the Depths, which is a sandbox game with extreme complexity and a learning curve of 100+ hours (as in to be able to even begin to actually build something and fight), and even so, all the devs dared to do was a series of tutorials with quizzes which give you xp bonuses if you answer each question correctly, and there's no penalty for failing the quiz whatsoever.

You already have some kind of tutorials here. Also an explanation of what every plane must do in order to score (shown previous of each battle) but NOBODY look or read it (respectively).

And No I don t want to ban they.(us) I want them (us) to stay under T 2 after they are able to answer the test so they can play but without bothering the people that play this a little bit seriously.

Moreover there are a lot of game that forces you  to do a kind of " boot camp" previously to let you play in order that ensure they that you know HOW to play.  

I hope I answered your requests.

Edited by El_Mulo, 25 January 2018 - 09:18 PM.

What we say to death?

FIight #15 Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:23 AM

• 2003 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

What about making the game mode simple? Capping is way beyond

my intellectual level and I just want to fly and shoot.

FlakValleyExpress #16 Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:03 PM

Captain

• 20 battles

it s nothing more frustating that a bunch of " new gamers " in your team that don t have a minimun clue of what to do and, moreover, don t noticed that there is someone trying to communicate what to do in order to win.  

What OP? :amazed: Are you saying that the new players are not smart enough? The fault is the new mode where it does not design the function as a team where everyone has to work together.. Conquest mode should have been the PVE version of WoWP. Instead you get this failure of teamwork. They might as well have bots vs bots and watch the results.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 25 January 2018 - 01:04 PM.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Colddawg #17 Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1105 battles
Biggest issue I am seeing is when players who are able to reach high altitudes and killed enemy team bombers/player bombers and they stick to flying 100m off the ground even after repeated requests for these players to kill these high flying bombers that are integral in the enemy team winning the game.  This is something that needs addressed in a video by WG showing how easy it is to climb up to and kill bombers for HFs and LFs.

Keep your head on the swivel.

Mercsn #18 Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:21 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

View PostPerco_lator, on 24 January 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

Certification Test for WOWP

Please answer one(1) of the following questions

#1  - Can you tie your own shoes?                                  yes        no

#2  - Can you do up the velcro on your shoes?               yes        no

Conditions for passing this test

- You were able to answer yes to question #1 or question #2

or

- You are able to provide a doctors note detailing why you are not physically capable of meeting one of the required qualifications

Upon completion & passing this test you may download, install & play WOWP

Fail conditions

- You answered no to question #1 or question #2

or

- You could not follow directions & answered both questions

upon failure of this test you are deemed qualified to immediately download,install & play WOT.

* IMPORTANT NOTICE *   You may be required to be retested any time without prior notice & if you fail the test you are required to uninstall WOWP immediately.

Upon a failed test you may reapply after a 7 day cool down period.

Like...The Dude doesn't wear shoooes, man.

Spoiler

Edited by Mercsn, 25 January 2018 - 07:26 PM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

El_Mulo #19 Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3540 battles

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 25 January 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

What OP? :amazed: Are you saying that the new players are not smart enough? The fault is the new mode where it does not design the function as a team where everyone has to work together.. Conquest mode should have been the PVE version of WoWP. Instead you get this failure of teamwork. They might as well have bots vs bots and watch the results.

The game is what it is and will not change.  I regret that but it is true. They said that.
Priolia said that the bots are smarter than the media of players.  I hope this answered you.

I preffer 1.9 but I ve to accept the reality.

Edited by El_Mulo, 25 January 2018 - 09:21 PM.

What we say to death?

El_Mulo #20 Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3540 battles

View PostColddawg, on 25 January 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

Biggest issue I am seeing is when players who are able to reach high altitudes and killed enemy team bombers/player bombers and they stick to flying 100m off the ground even after repeated requests for these players to kill these high flying bombers that are integral in the enemy team winning the game.  This is something that needs addressed in a video by WG showing how easy it is to climb up to and kill bombers for HFs and LFs.

They tried to teach everyone by videos about this new game and nobody look at they. 

That s why I propose to make that test required to fly over T 2.

What we say to death?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users