having trouble training pilots in premiums.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Metrix #1 Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:18 AM

Senior Airman

• 1989 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Hello I have bought the Ha 137 V1 premium tier 3 German attack aircraft. I bought it cause I am planing to go down the German attack aircraft line. I play WOWS and WOT I have tier 9's in WOWS and tier 10 in WOT and use premiums on them and train commanders and captains on those games no problem. But when I take the pilot out of my FW 189 C tier 4 German none premium attack aircraft (which also has a gunner and the premium I have doesn't, just a pilot). The pilot proficiency is locked and says I need to train him to fly the premium plane. The funny thing is he stays green like he does when he is trained to fly a plane but the lock is still on the XP bar and when I do a battle it says the pilot received XP but the XP bar doesn't move and still has a lock on it. usaully if the pilot isn't going to get XP in a plane you put him in he turns red and says XP is suspended till they are trained to fly that plane. On the other WG games as long it is from the same country and same type of vehicle or plane I should be able to put them in the premium and train them without and training cost. I even tried this in the XP 31 american fighter plane and put my tier 4 american fighter plane pilot in it and it has the same lock on the XP bar even though the pilot is green. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to train the pilot from the regular plane to fly and get XP in the premium?

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1679 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
You need your pilot to have 100% proficiency in whatever plane he's flying first. Then you can use the premiums to grind skill xp (we really need to pin this guide to the newbies forum...)

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Mercsn #3 Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:58 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

Hi, welcome to the game and the forums!

reply on this subject to another player who asked.

Premium planes and crew training is slightly different than in WoT/WoWS, but overall, ends up being cheaper and quicker.

As spiritfox says, get your pilot to 100% in his tech tree aircraft and then you can use him in premium.   XP is REALLY loose as WG is trying to funnel players into tiers 4-6 quickly.  I wouldn't bother even retraining your pilots in 1-3.  You can still earn credits in the premium.  If you're planning to grind credits and you plan to fly that premium A LOT, you may want to train the pilot for that one, then skill him up to 100% while you're using the premium.  Then once you get a tier 4 or 5 plane that you like, the pilot will have a couple skill points and you'll have made credits enough to transfer him to the tech tree craft for credits to 90% and then get him relatively quickly to 100% so you can use him in the premium for skill grinding again. 

You can actually still use the pilot in the tech tree plane, he'll be at 75% or something percent, but it's not nearly as big a hit as in tanks where you have reload times, aim times, etc.   If I was new and using a premium to grind credits for upgrades and wanted to have a good skilled pilot when I unlocked tier 4-6, this is what I'd do.  Just train the guy in the premium, and use him at 75% in the tech tree planes.  The lower tiers go by VERY quickly.  Unless you find a plane that you really enjoy.  In that case, you still want to earn credits with the premium for retraining fees, upgrades, etc.

Here's some other links that I left for another new player.  You may find something in here that will help you do better and get that xp and credits faster.

Since you will likely be using the premium to attack ground targets (its intended role), here's a tip:  the "ground target" consists of several pieces, a "target group".  All of the pieces must be killed in order to get credit for the kill.

The Ha 137 does have very nice cannons in its tier and can quickly wreck planes that get in front of you, although it doesn't have the aim-assist boost that "air to air" planes do (as WG defines the classes).  Shooting planes still pays credits and xp though.  So, if one gets in front of you, let him have it, it's one less to get behind you.  Just don't get frustrated if you can't keep your nose on him.  That premium is designed to mainly shoot ground targets so it's altitude limit and turning are bad for air fighting.

Good hunting!

:honoring:

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Metrix #4 Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:31 AM

Senior Airman

• 1989 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 24 January 2018 - 05:22 AM, said:

You need your pilot to have 100% proficiency in whatever plane he's flying first. Then you can use the premiums to grind skill xp (we really need to pin this guide to the newbies forum...)

Awesome ty I was wondering what was going on. I played this game couple years ago but didn't really have any premium planes to use to train pilots. I have 5 tier 9 ships in WOWS and 1 tier 10 a tier 9 and a bunch of tier 8's in WOT and I use premiums to train in both those games so thought it was same way in this game and when it kept saying I needed to train pilot in the premium thought I was doing something wrong or had a bug. thanks again.

Edited by Metrix, 25 January 2018 - 03:36 AM.

Metrix #5 Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:34 AM

Senior Airman

• 1989 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostMercsn, on 24 January 2018 - 05:58 AM, said:

Hi, welcome to the game and the forums!

reply on this subject to another player who asked.

Premium planes and crew training is slightly different than in WoT/WoWS, but overall, ends up being cheaper and quicker.

As spiritfox says, get your pilot to 100% in his tech tree aircraft and then you can use him in premium.   XP is REALLY loose as WG is trying to funnel players into tiers 4-6 quickly.  I wouldn't bother even retraining your pilots in 1-3.  You can still earn credits in the premium.  If you're planning to grind credits and you plan to fly that premium A LOT, you may want to train the pilot for that one, then skill him up to 100% while you're using the premium.  Then once you get a tier 4 or 5 plane that you like, the pilot will have a couple skill points and you'll have made credits enough to transfer him to the tech tree craft for credits to 90% and then get him relatively quickly to 100% so you can use him in the premium for skill grinding again. 

You can actually still use the pilot in the tech tree plane, he'll be at 75% or something percent, but it's not nearly as big a hit as in tanks where you have reload times, aim times, etc.   If I was new and using a premium to grind credits for upgrades and wanted to have a good skilled pilot when I unlocked tier 4-6, this is what I'd do.  Just train the guy in the premium, and use him at 75% in the tech tree planes.  The lower tiers go by VERY quickly.  Unless you find a plane that you really enjoy.  In that case, you still want to earn credits with the premium for retraining fees, upgrades, etc.

Here's some other links that I left for another new player.  You may find something in here that will help you do better and get that xp and credits faster.

Since you will likely be using the premium to attack ground targets (its intended role), here's a tip:  the "ground target" consists of several pieces, a "target group".  All of the pieces must be killed in order to get credit for the kill.

The Ha 137 does have very nice cannons in its tier and can quickly wreck planes that get in front of you, although it doesn't have the aim-assist boost that "air to air" planes do (as WG defines the classes).  Shooting planes still pays credits and xp though.  So, if one gets in front of you, let him have it, it's one less to get behind you.  Just don't get frustrated if you can't keep your nose on him.  That premium is designed to mainly shoot ground targets so it's altitude limit and turning are bad for air fighting.

Good hunting!

:honoring:

ty for the info also Mercsn. I do the same thing in WOWS and WOT.  I wait till I get to tier 4 or 5 regular planes to start focusing on training the pilots I get with them with premiums. thanks again guys

wscarter007 #6 Posted 04 February 2018 - 05:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3263 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
I have a question about training my pilot.  Which is faster,  to use my t6 premium or use my t9 non premium?  I ask this since the higher the tier the more  skill points from my understanding. 

LMG #7 Posted 04 February 2018 - 05:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1641 battles

View Postwscarter007, on 04 February 2018 - 12:09 AM, said:

I have a question about training my pilot.  Which is faster,  to use my t6 premium or use my t9 non premium?  I ask this since the higher the tier the more  skill points from my understanding. 

To train a pilot on a non-premium aircraft, the pilot must be trained specifically for that aircraft. However, with premium aircraft you don't have that restriction, just get the guy up to 100% proficiency in the aircraft he's supposed to fly and set him on the premium one. On top of that, premium aircraft also get bonus crew experience to boot. So if you want to train a pilot for that specific tier 9 non premium, I think it's debatable which one to use. Otherwise, just use the premium aircraft

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Wombatmetal #8 Posted 04 February 2018 - 07:36 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 750 battles

View Postwscarter007, on 03 February 2018 - 09:09 PM, said:

If the pilot has 100% efficiency on the tier 9 plane, the use both. He can get full XP in any premium of the same nation - no retraining needed. Get the daily bonus on both planes each day. 

trikke #9 Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1729 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Toggle spent half an hour this week patiently explaining the benefits of premium pilot swapping, using headsets...   ty, brother!

just imagine if he had to type it all out...

i understand the basics...  just make sure the pilot that you want to train from any non-prem same-country of-any-class plane is already at 100%

then send the premium's pilot to the barracks, and move the non-prem pilot into the premium plane

ignore the 'don't you want to train this pilot in this plane?'  (that's how i ended up with two trained P-38J pilots)

then fly the prem plane and that non-prem pilot gets trained 20% faster

but... but now you don't have a pilot for your non-prem plane, but you still want to fly it, and that's where this wife-swapping scheme starts breaking down, for me anyway 

i do keep thinking that the pilot is somehow premium, but it's just the premium plane that's 'magical'

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Furysghost #10 Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3561 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
deleted by me

Edited by Furysghost, 18 February 2018 - 09:22 PM.

trikke #11 Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1729 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostFurysghost, on 17 February 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

Below T-8 there is no boost to exp reward from prems just credit boost. So in a equal results scenario l would think the high tier tech plane will get more exp.

The bonus is when you get to run that pilot thru 2 planes a day for exp so in that way you boost his exp x2 once in T-9 and once in T-6 or depending on the number of prems you have for that nation multiple times.

on, NO!    is this true?   all premium plane advertising says that all premiums of every tier get 20% faster pilot training

oh, sorry, XP's different from pilot training experience 

remember, kids...  WG terminology that you think mean the same thing are not the same thing

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Furysghost #12 Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3561 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

ELITE PLANE ACCELERATED PILOT TRAINING

Thing to keep in mind also is that many players do not know about accelerated training on elited planes.

When you see the message stating your plane now has elite status you should immediately go to it and set the crew to accelerated training so the exp is now going to your crew instead of just accruing.

There is a small box just underneath your pilots portrait you need to tick to enable it.

Now your pilot gets 200% of exp as training exp instead of un-elite 100%..

Edited by Furysghost, 18 February 2018 - 09:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users