Things to do in-game to make other players mad

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

vcharng #21 Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4582 battles

Well in a way I do agree that GAAs should prioritize on hitting ground targets over actively hunting enemy GAAs. If you want to shoot planes, go fly a fighter.

But note my words, ACTIVELY. In the OP's scenario you did exhaust all other options before hunting him down. I also do expect GAA hunting in a defensive situation. I mean, you just worked hard to get this sector capped, why not defend it if you happened to be able to do so?

And there are GAAs who actually put anti-GAA into their designs, and they can't be expected to win without doing so, for example, the Me 265 and IL-10M.

I do agree that anti-GAA can be annoying, I personally don't like doing it or being done of it, but there are times that it should be done, fairly speaking.

I just put someone into my ignore list the other day, as the MM kept putting me and my Me 265 against him and his IL-10. I know IL-10 has better firepower, and I know that according to the terrain of the map, my speed advantage won't be enough, so I have to hunt him down. 5 games of 265 vs. IL-10, 5 victories although I don't necessarily win every dogfight.

I believe the experience was equally unpleasant to him as it was to me: I clicked "Battle!" with my 265 to slaughter those innocent ground targets, not to dogfight with an IL-10. If I want to dogfight at T7 I would have picked my Corsair instead. But I also know that this is how it's supposed to be done. He is a good GAA pilot and his IL-10 is a good attacker in his hands, if I want to win I need to put every advantage of mine to use, and that would mean hunting him down. He did nothing wrong, and neither did I.

So why ignore list? I just heard that the MM do reduce the chance of putting ignored players into the same game, given that the MM hasn't run out of options. So although he did nothing wrong, I still put him into the ignore list just in hope that we can see each other less often, and that we can both have our own game, hopefully happier ones.

vcharng #22 Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4582 battles

View PostNorthernPorter, on 24 January 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

Way I see it, if you have wings and guns, you're free to shoot at anything else that has wings and guns. I don't play attack aircraft much but when I do, I'm shooting at anything in that cap circle, whatever is closest. I've done the same with bombers. If there is another bomber in that area, I'll fly over to say hi and start shooting them with my nose gunner.

I mean really if you think about it, aerial fighting got it's start with "ground attack" aircraft. Those WWI pilots started as scouts and then started to dropping grenades, artillery shells, and eventually bombs on ground targets. And when opportunity presented itself they would shoot at other aircraft with their personal revolvers. After realizing they could do better, they started attaching machine guns to their planes.

AFAIK aerial fighting started with "I don't want the enemy to be able to see me. So go shoot down that scout". Aerial fighting started before there are effective ground attacks.

And nose gunner? I think rear gunners on bombers are usually more powerful than nose gunners (in the case of Do217M, 13mm rear v.s. 7.92mm nose), so I won't recommend that.

Front-firing fixed MGs like those on the A-26 would be another story though.

Captain_Underpants53 #23 Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:22 PM

Major

• 31700 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
I used to love the Wirraway in this role.  Sadly it lost a lot with the new version.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

poisonousblood #24 Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5980 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
I dogfight when I am flying a bomber too. Be mad at me too bro :trollface:

LMG #25 Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:02 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View Postvcharng, on 24 January 2018 - 08:16 AM, said:

Well in a way I do agree that GAAs should prioritize on hitting ground targets over actively hunting enemy GAAs. If you want to shoot planes, go fly a fighter.

But note my words, ACTIVELY. In the OP's scenario you did exhaust all other options before hunting him down. I also do expect GAA hunting in a defensive situation. I mean, you just worked hard to get this sector capped, why not defend it if you happened to be able to do so?

And there are GAAs who actually put anti-GAA into their designs, and they can't be expected to win without doing so, for example, the Me 265 and IL-10M.

I do agree that anti-GAA can be annoying, I personally don't like doing it or being done of it, but there are times that it should be done, fairly speaking.

I just put someone into my ignore list the other day, as the MM kept putting me and my Me 265 against him and his IL-10. I know IL-10 has better firepower, and I know that according to the terrain of the map, my speed advantage won't be enough, so I have to hunt him down. 5 games of 265 vs. IL-10, 5 victories although I don't necessarily win every dogfight.

I believe the experience was equally unpleasant to him as it was to me: I clicked "Battle!" with my 265 to slaughter those innocent ground targets, not to dogfight with an IL-10. If I want to dogfight at T7 I would have picked my Corsair instead. But I also know that this is how it's supposed to be done. He is a good GAA pilot and his IL-10 is a good attacker in his hands, if I want to win I need to put every advantage of mine to use, and that would mean hunting him down. He did nothing wrong, and neither did I.

So why ignore list? I just heard that the MM do reduce the chance of putting ignored players into the same game, given that the MM hasn't run out of options. So although he did nothing wrong, I still put him into the ignore list just in hope that we can see each other less often, and that we can both have our own game, hopefully happier ones.

I'd advise against straight-up dogfighting an IL-10 on an Me 265; he turns better and has access to rockets. I suggest boosting away as it's turning around (IL-10 is noticeably slower) and engaging them from a different angle, or baiting it into a bombkill or an ally

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

trikke #26 Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:23 PM

Captain

• 4844 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i fondly remember Crash's training rooms back in alpha when everyone would bring the same planes...   

back then, the IL-2 was really juiced, and we regularly had giant IL dogfight battles 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

CorvusCorvax #27 Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:56 PM

Major

• 4893 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostPerco_lator, on 24 January 2018 - 12:39 AM, said:

you should feel bad for telling whale humping stories in the forum.

To be fair, I was drunk that night, and it was weird, but a cetacean never looked so sexy.

CorvusCorvax #28 Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:25 PM

Major

• 4893 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostMercsn, on 24 January 2018 - 03:57 AM, said:

... an enemy approaching early enough to set up a head on pass.  Just don't pull your nose up until he's in range, both to avoid stalling until you can actually shoot and to let him think you don't know he's making an attack run on you.

This one has always boggled me.  Human players making head-on passes.  You know I can see you, right?  Do you think I'm going to ignore you?  I'm going to dump flaps, to slow down and give myself more lift.  I'm going to wait until you're in range of my cannon, then I'm going to pitch up, boost, and hose you down when the pipper comes to rest on your propeller spinner.  Then, if I think I can make it, I'll keep pulling up and try and pull a half-loop, setting my pipper right on your tail feathers.  By that time, my cannon have cooled a bit, so I can chew you some more.  My suggestion is to keep going, because if you turn back in, I have more of what I just served up.

Completing the half-loop is not often successful.  Usually, I just don't have enough energy.  But a stall and recovery will put me on a different heading, which can help with ground target destruction.

Mercsn #29 Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:27 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2993 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postpyantoryng, on 24 January 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

Using GAA to air-fight

Kill enemy with bomb

Kill enemy with rocket

Kill enemy by ramming

Kill enemy by 1400m range rear gun

Kill enemy busy turning

Shoot a ground target in a light fighter (that sure will make a certain someone very, very mad...:trollface:)

:hiding:

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Rockstone_ #30 Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 5 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostZapperguy, on 24 January 2018 - 04:05 AM, said:

GA's are a mere shadow of their pre-2.0 selves. I miss battles like this...

Nice Zapper, this is the game I enjoyed not the fluffy thing we got now.:izmena:

Rockstone_ #31 Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 5 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View Posttrikke, on 24 January 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

i fondly remember Crash's training rooms back in alpha when everyone would bring the same planes...   

back then, the IL-2 was really juiced, and we regularly had giant IL dogfight battles 

Crash tail spin : hmm most all of the good guys are gone.:amazed:

Reitousair #32 Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:30 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 13292 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Hmm, GA's attacking enemy aircraft, I know I've certainly given a few people a bad nights sleep. Many a person have given me rather rude comments to me taking them out in my IL-10M. It still does not compute in my head why they think they can press a head-on with me and get off scot-free (unless they're part of the BV family), but, you try and take down your opponent by any means necessary, even if it means getting a bit dirty.

Ram the enemy, rocket the enemy, force them into a stall so they crash, bait them into flying right into a mountain, use the absolute maximum extent of your guns range, or, if you know what you're doing, set up a bomb trap and blow them to bits, or even try and run away and bring up your gunner, the B-20 is a vicious thing if your enemy isn't trying to get out of its range.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Premium plane reviews can be found here. Special project equipment spreadsheet can be found here.

Andreas_Jager #33 Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:38 PM

Master Sergeant

• 614 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Why wouldn't you shoot down the enemy? Heck, I have shot down GA's whilst flying a GA or a bomber (A-26). Don't want shot down? Don't fly in front of me. Simple.

CorvusCorvax #34 Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:04 AM

Major

• 4893 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Another flight, another Bsh-induced whine-fest.  Hey, don't come at me with your JU-88 unless you want to get blown out of the sky.  And HFs just wilt under those 23s.  That He-100 was surprised when I slammed on the brakes and let him run up the back of me.  Oooops, sorry about that.  ;)

Flipped two zones by killing red GAAs in the zone.  I think I might have to revisit lower-tier GAA.  My Tsh-2 might need a little love.  Even the Tsh-3 could get a little flight time...

vcharng #35 Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4582 battles

View PostLMG, on 24 January 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

I'd advise against straight-up dogfighting an IL-10 on an Me 265; he turns better and has access to rockets. I suggest boosting away as it's turning around (IL-10 is noticeably slower) and engaging them from a different angle, or baiting it into a bombkill or an ally

That's what I would do if I'm on the defensive end, but that wasn't the case, he was focusing on ground attack until he felt my 30mms going through his wings.

He can shoot me with his rockets, I don't mind, and he did (and failed). Take your time waiting for the reload though.

Remember, what I wanted to achieve is that he losses his superior outboard firepower, I don't necessarily have to win the dogfight.

pyantoryng #36 Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:16 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2675 battles

View Postvcharng, on 25 January 2018 - 01:49 AM, said:

That's what I would do if I'm on the defensive end, but that wasn't the case, he was focusing on ground attack until he felt my 30mms going through his wings.

He can shoot me with his rockets, I don't mind, and he did (and failed). Take your time waiting for the reload though.

Remember, what I wanted to achieve is that he losses his superior outboard firepower, I don't necessarily have to win the dogfight.

Rockets that are not R4M or FFAR are so inaccurate that outside of shooting it at straight-flying bombers are a big gambit every single time...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

vcharng #37 Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4582 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 25 January 2018 - 05:16 AM, said:

Rockets that are not R4M or FFAR are so inaccurate that outside of shooting it at straight-flying bombers are a big gambit every single time...

ground rockets can also be deadly head-on (especially against a target the size of a GAA), but other than that it's just some fireworks that takes 90 seconds to reload.

That IL-10 managed to blow off one of my engines in one of the occasions though. He probably have the rocketeer skill or something

LMG #38 Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:33 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View Postvcharng, on 25 January 2018 - 05:17 AM, said:

ground rockets can also be deadly head-on (especially against a target the size of a GAA), but other than that it's just some fireworks that takes 90 seconds to reload.

That IL-10 managed to blow off one of my engines in one of the occasions though. He probably have the rocketeer skill or something

In that case he missed. His rockets can one-shot you on a direct hit at 1200 damage each

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #39 Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2395 battles

The XF5U ''Pancake'' - pretty much a Beaufighter, only at tier VIII and a whole lot more deadly.

Can't roll out of being killed by it during a head-on pass, can't outrun it, and can't maneuver away from in front of it if not in a light fighter.

Three of them on red, with one piloted by a player? Just go back to hangar.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

Capture Points & You --- Graphic Settings Explored --- Grinding Tokens; Not so Daily Missions --- Ground Targets & Mission Types in 2.0 --- Equipment 2.0.5; Huh?

LMG #40 Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 25 January 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

The XF5U ''Pancake'' - pretty much a Beaufighter, only at tier VIII and a whole lot more deadly.

Can't roll out of being killed by it during a head-on pass, can't outrun it, and can't maneuver away from in front of it if not in a light fighter.

Three of them on red, with one piloted by a player? Just go back to hangar.

I actually consider the Pancake the prime GAA killer. It can sit on its tail forever and a day; at that tier no GAA will get the Pancake to stall before they do, let alone outrun or out-maneuver it :ohmy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users