Why???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

madkiwidave #1 Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:47 AM

Airman Basic

• 7374 battles
Can WG, or anyone, explain why I keep getting dropped by the server? Lately every 2-3 games I get dropped by the server right in the middle of a battle, only to have to wait to respawn because I was killed. When I do respawn all of the targets we had captured have been lost, and our team loses in a big way. I can guess by the large amount we lost by that it happened to other human members of my team as well. What on earth is the point of playing this game if a player has absolutely no chance at all? WG, your buffing the hell out of the bot planes, and the AAA, is bad enough, but everytime I get the upperhand against your bots your server drops me, so this brings us to the big wthmoment.... if you want a playerbase why do you keep screwing us over?

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:28 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4917 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
You... kinda accept that this craphappens. I've been having sudden lag issues that can totally kill my game but sometimes resetting the connection helps. They might have a bad server somewhere along the line

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

broslicer #3 Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 149 battles

View Postmadkiwidave, on 21 January 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

Can WG, or anyone, explain why I keep getting dropped by the server? Lately every 2-3 games I get dropped by the server right in the middle of a battle, only to have to wait to respawn because I was killed. When I do respawn all of the targets we had captured have been lost, and our team loses in a big way. I can guess by the large amount we lost by that it happened to other human members of my team as well. What on earth is the point of playing this game if a player has absolutely no chance at all? WG, your buffing the hell out of the bot planes, and the AAA, is bad enough, but everytime I get the upperhand against your bots your server drops me, so this brings us to the big wthmoment.... if you want a playerbase why do you keep screwing us over?

+1 :great:

El_Mulo #4 Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:13 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 14719 battles

View Postmadkiwidave, on 22 January 2018 - 12:47 AM, said:

Wellcome to WOWP; be one more member of this brotherhood of slaves to a good game poorly implemented.
What we say to death?

Mercsn #5 Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:47 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

It would be less troublesome if the disconnets were balanced, but one team usually gets hit harder.  I had a match where 3 of us out of 5 were dropped on the lobby to match server handoff. Two of us reconnected.  The third didn't make it in  (probably didn't realize you have to close the client and restart before logging back in -I sent the poor guy a pm with that info).

Fortunately, the 2 who maintained connection were a good flight and held enough that we could make a comeback when me and the other guy finally got it.

Tinfoil says it was WG either trying to mess with that flight or mess with those of us who were dropped.  

More likely is just incompetence.  But, that still doesn't explain why I see more disconnects on one team than the other. 

In the match I describe above, red team said they had no dc. 

And, I do notice that it's much more common after recent update.  Previously, since 2.0.1, it was somewhat rare.  Now, every few matches I'll get dropped either going to match or going to lobby and a few times I've been dropped both ways, going into the match as well as right after. 

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users