majorization of game is terrible

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Master_DarkVan #1 Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:18 AM

Master Sergeant

• 526 battles

I use i7-7700k   GTX 1070   16GB(RAM) 

When I used HD client.At first,I will have 100+FPS.When I teammates and enemies fight together,my fps will drop to 30-40,so terrible.

Now I use SD client,but it doesn't make any sense:facepalm:

The majorization is much worse than before.

poisonousblood #2 Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:29 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5980 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
they are going to fix it "soon"

FIight #3 Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:19 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 5069 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

From what I know, WG RU does not care about NA and EU customers. They made the new version

so cheap to cater for obsolete PCs in northern and eastern RU. The game does not fully exploit the

potential of an average NA/EU PC, and there are multiple bugs which cause serious memory leakage

that is the source of crash and disconnection. 

IronWolfV #4 Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

View PostEinssniper, on 21 January 2018 - 03:19 AM, said:

From what I know, WG RU does not care about NA and EU customers. They made the new version

so cheap to cater for obsolete PCs in northern and eastern RU. The game does not fully exploit the

potential of an average NA/EU PC, and there are multiple bugs which cause serious memory leakage

that is the source of crash and disconnection. 

Actually there's more to it than that. It's also because the infrastructure of NA and EU have not caught up to what the top of the line PCs can really do. Until copper cabling is done away with and the US finally puts in fiber optic cabling through out the USA, won't matter what any gaming company does.

The infrastructure of NA can no longer reasonably sustain the demand. The bigger reason is PACKET loss for disconnects. And that my friends points right at all the: cabling, routers and other accessories attached with getting the info back and forth between your PC and the actual game server.

If we even had basic white light fiber, let alone multi spectrum like say Japan has, you'd see the packet loss issue be a thing of the past. Then optimization would be the main issue.

So optimization is a part of the problem, but not the main or right one.

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

-Starbuck, Battlestar Galactica

FIight #5 Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:57 AM

• 5069 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostIronWolfV, on 21 January 2018 - 06:43 AM, said:

Actually there's more to it than that. It's also because the infrastructure of NA and EU have not caught up to what the top of the line PCs can really do. Until copper cabling is done away with and the US finally puts in fiber optic cabling through out the USA, won't matter what any gaming company does.

The infrastructure of NA can no longer reasonably sustain the demand. The bigger reason is PACKET loss for disconnects. And that my friends points right at all the: cabling, routers and other accessories attached with getting the info back and forth between your PC and the actual game server.

If we even had basic white light fiber, let alone multi spectrum like say Japan has, you'd see the packet loss issue be a thing of the past. Then optimization would be the main issue.

So optimization is a part of the problem, but not the main or right one.

Copper cabling has speed limit and optic fibers are widely used in US(I guess no one would prefer to go back and use copper which is prone

to cross-talk and limited bandwidth), major service providers in US all use optic fibers. 

You are talking about lags between client and server which are unrelated to optimization: that's algorithm part. How are you going to fully exploit

your laptop setup given you have I7, 16GB memory as well as highly powerful Nvidia graphics? A poor optimization solution will give you equal

answer as if you are running the game in an age-old WIN XP system with Pentium CPU.

Zapperguy #6 Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostEinssniper, on 21 January 2018 - 06:57 AM, said:

Copper cabling has speed limit and optic fibers are widely used in US(I guess no one would prefer to go back and use copper which is prone

to cross-talk and limited bandwidth), major service providers in US all use optic fibers. 

You are talking about lags between client and server which are unrelated to optimization: that's algorithm part. How are you going to fully exploit

your laptop setup given you have I7, 16GB memory as well as highly powerful Nvidia graphics? A poor optimization solution will give you equal

answer as if you are running the game in an age-old WIN XP system with Pentium CPU.

Copper cable is the most reliable during power outages. Verizon forced us to get fiber optic for our landline, but I wouldn't let 'em remove my copper cable. Copper is the best post-apocalyptic means of communication. With the current volatile leadership in this country, I'm hedging my bets and keeping copper around for a while.

:honoring:

Jager_Gunner #7 Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:30 PM

Master Sergeant

• 110 battles
  • [TWE] TWE

View PostEinssniper, on 21 January 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

All I get in my area is copper... We have 1 isp and terrible service. 

IronWolfV #8 Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

View PostZapperguy, on 21 January 2018 - 07:10 AM, said:

Copper cable is the most reliable during power outages. Verizon forced us to get fiber optic for our landline, but I wouldn't let 'em remove my copper cable. Copper is the best post-apocalyptic means of communication. With the current volatile leadership in this country, I'm hedging my bets and keeping copper around for a while.

Fiber optic is widely used in the USA? REALLY? Fiber optics in 2016 covers 113,000 miles. Almost square. How many square miles are covered in the US going home to home? Oh wait: 3.7million miles squared. And I couldn't find the amount of copper cabling in the US, but I'm going to guess it's WAY higher than 113,000. Lets put it into BETTER perspective.

The amount of fiber connections in the USA compared to the rest of the world is PATHETIC. And the sad part is, THE USA INVENTED IT!

But I digress. Ths real reason of so many frame rate loss I will bet 9 times out of 10 is PACKET LOSS. WoWS actually put in a little itty bitty indicator about ping in the upper left corner. Green is good, red is bad. And guess what happens to frame rate when that little button goes red indicating bad ping/packet loss? Frame rate goes to hell in a handbasket.

I'd be willing to bet money, it's not optimization of with what your computer can do. WG could optimize it till they are blue in the face and you'd STILL have drop off because of bad ping and packet loss. Same story in Tanks for years, same in ships too.

I mean is the game fully optimized for the higher performance PCs. No. But the bad frame rates, I again would bet money, same time that happens, your ping is through the roof.

And along with this, do me a favor, cause I did this one fine day when Spectrum was still Time Warner. Are you actually getting whar you paid for. I had my own higher revved Motorolla Wireless router/modem all in one specifically for online gaming. One of the better ones you can get and far superior to the piece of crap modem TWC would of given me. I was hard lined plugged INTO the modem. I did a speed check on TWCs own website. I was paying for 2 mps upload and 20 mps download. By their own speed check over a few times during the day low I hit 600 mps up and 2 mps down and at best I hit 1.2 mps up and 16 mps down. Meaning I wasn't even getting the speed I was paying for. Which at the time was about the best internet package they had.

Might want to check that.

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

Bobby_Tables #9 Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 8759 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Really?  This thread went from an obvious flaw in the game to a pee pee match about the internet infrastructure in the US?   

Edit:  Also, what is "majorization"?  Does the OP mean optimization?  That is what I assumed.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 21 January 2018 - 06:30 PM.

HANNIBAL_LECTER_1 #10 Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4033 battles
  • [-REX-] -REX-

View PostKnight__of__Sky, on 21 January 2018 - 05:18 AM, said:

I use i7-7700k   GTX 1070   16GB(RAM) 

When I used HD client.At first,I will have 100+FPS.When I teammates and enemies fight together,my fps will drop to 30-40,so terrible.

Now I use SD client,but it doesn't make any sense:facepalm:

The majorization is much worse than before.

You can get some official answers here. In case you dont know her, she is Priolla, she works for wargaming. This is a stream from last month. 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/210759919

Check these segments:   01:17:28........01:19:30..........01:23:00

LOL

Edited by HANNIBAL_LECTER_1, 21 January 2018 - 06:51 PM.

FIight #11 Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:13 PM

• 5069 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostIronWolfV, on 21 January 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

Fiber optic is widely used in the USA? REALLY? Fiber optics in 2016 covers 113,000 miles. Almost square. How many square miles are covered in the US going home to home? Oh wait: 3.7million miles squared. And I couldn't find the amount of copper cabling in the US, but I'm going to guess it's WAY higher than 113,000. Lets put it into BETTER perspective.

The amount of fiber connections in the USA compared to the rest of the world is PATHETIC. And the sad part is, THE USA INVENTED IT!

But I digress. Ths real reason of so many frame rate loss I will bet 9 times out of 10 is PACKET LOSS. WoWS actually put in a little itty bitty indicator about ping in the upper left corner. Green is good, red is bad. And guess what happens to frame rate when that little button goes red indicating bad ping/packet loss? Frame rate goes to hell in a handbasket.

I'd be willing to bet money, it's not optimization of with what your computer can do. WG could optimize it till they are blue in the face and you'd STILL have drop off because of bad ping and packet loss. Same story in Tanks for years, same in ships too.

I mean is the game fully optimized for the higher performance PCs. No. But the bad frame rates, I again would bet money, same time that happens, your ping is through the roof.

And along with this, do me a favor, cause I did this one fine day when Spectrum was still Time Warner. Are you actually getting whar you paid for. I had my own higher revved Motorolla Wireless router/modem all in one specifically for online gaming. One of the better ones you can get and far superior to the piece of crap modem TWC would of given me. I was hard lined plugged INTO the modem. I did a speed check on TWCs own website. I was paying for 2 mps upload and 20 mps download. By their own speed check over a few times during the day low I hit 600 mps up and 2 mps down and at best I hit 1.2 mps up and 16 mps down. Meaning I wasn't even getting the speed I was paying for. Which at the time was about the best internet package they had.

Optimization has nothing to do with your internet speed, at least it's intrinsic to the game. This game has optimization issues since 1.9, and everyone could experience

the loss in fps when engaging or dogfighting. As Zapper mentioned copper is probably the relatively reliable way of communication, if not at least it guarantees the speed

for online multi-user gaming. Currently I don't see how the game benefits latest architecture of those graphics card, as well as multi-thread processors.

Captain_Rownd #12 Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2746 battles

The backbones are fiber, but it's still copper the rest of the way for the vast majority of us.  Home modems and routers are often crap, too. 

Edited by Captain_Rownd, 21 January 2018 - 09:01 PM.

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714

IronWolfV #13 Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

View PostEinssniper, on 21 January 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

Optimization has nothing to do with your internet speed, at least it's intrinsic to the game. This game has optimization issues since 1.9, and everyone could experience

the loss in fps when engaging or dogfighting. As Zapper mentioned copper is probably the relatively reliable way of communication, if not at least it guarantees the speed

for online multi-user gaming. Currently I don't see how the game benefits latest architecture of those graphics card, as well as multi-thread processors.

I don't personally think it's optimization. I think it's more data flow. Which goes right back to packet loss. I've had games that have better optimization than planes in high combat situations freeze completely up. Has nothing to do with how the game is optimizing my PC and just the fact the data has bottlenecked and there isn't much to be done about it.

FIight #14 Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:26 PM

• 5069 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostIronWolfV, on 21 January 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

I don't personally think it's optimization. I think it's more data flow. Which goes right back to packet loss. I've had games that have better optimization than planes in high combat situations freeze completely up. Has nothing to do with how the game is optimizing my PC and just the fact the data has bottlenecked and there isn't much to be done about it.

Then I'm telling you the OP lives in east Asia where optic fibers are not a problem.

IronWolfV #15 Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

View PostEinssniper, on 21 January 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

Then I'm telling you the OP lives in east Asia where optic fibers are not a problem.

if he's coming HERE, eventually he has to deal with out infrastructure.

Master_DarkVan #16 Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:01 PM

Master Sergeant

• 526 battles

View PostBobby_Tables, on 21 January 2018 - 06:28 PM, said:

Really?  This thread went from an obvious flaw in the game to a pee pee match about the internet infrastructure in the US?   

Edit:  Also, what is "majorization"?  Does the OP mean optimization?  That is what I assumed.  

Yes,it is optimization.

I come from China and my English is not good:( 

Captain_Rownd #17 Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2746 battles

View PostKnight__of__Sky, on 22 January 2018 - 02:01 PM, said:

Yes,it is optimization.

I come from China and my English is not good:( 

Your English is much better than my Chinese is  :D 

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714

Hurk #18 Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:42 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 522 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

View PostIronWolfV, on 21 January 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

amazingly, no one has ever bombed the US into the stone age, then rebuilt them,

In Theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice.
In Practice, there is.

TheRaisuli #19 Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:27 AM

Senior Airman

• 5 battles

View PostZapperguy, on 21 January 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

i admire your optimism. even in a post apocalyptic environment you expect to be able to online game. its my belief you would be better served optimizing for single player experience in the event of widespread societal collapse.

Bobby_Tables #20 Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 8759 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Funny how no one ever discusses how this game is just a recruitment tool for the Galactic Defense League.  All the best players from the past have left, not because the game sucks or bots or whatnot, they are defending our Galaxy from evil.  

True fact.  

And if you think your lag is bad, try fighting the Vermicious Knids in the outer rings of the Crab Nebula.   

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users