Pilot retraining and low tier planes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

JimJ0nes #1 Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:14 PM

Airman Basic

• 162 battles

Hi,Just started playing. Are there any low tier planes worth retraining my pilots for? Or should I grind all lines to tier 4 or 5 before retraining with credits?

Thanks

pyantoryng #2 Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:16 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1494 battles

Retraining to 90% costs 100k silver, which can be a lot in the low tier bracket, so waiting for tier 4 can be prudent as you actually need more than 10k EXP (the amount required to go from 90% to 100%) to advance.

The planes tier 3 and below are mostly solid options, although they won't earn you any achievements. Keep that in mind.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Wombatmetal #3 Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:26 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 770 battles

One note on retraining, when you retrain skills, silver and gold works exactly the same. The descriptions aren't clear on this, but they do the same thing. 

Honestly, you will go through the early tiers so quickly that retraining doesn't make sense. I maxed out a tier 3 and unlocked a tier 4, and my pilot was like 97% proficiency. You're not going to accumulate enough experience to make a difference anyway, different meta for crews than other titles.

NL_Celt #4 Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:57 AM

Master Sergeant

• 203 battles

https://games.steels...de-key-giveaway

For starters get yourself a few free premiums. 

Not an experienced pilot myself so can't really advise you. Listen to others who know more.

JimJ0nes #5 Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:30 AM

Airman Basic

• 162 battles

Thanks guys, going to pick a couple planes from the favorite t4 thread and go for those, and got the premiums so I'm set.

MARS_REVENANT #6 Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:46 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3551 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

Personally I wouldnt worry about retraining untile you get to the longer grinds.  I would get a new pilot when starting a tier 6 plane, then transfer that pilot to the tier 7, 8, 9, and 10.  I would do this for 2 pilots for each nation.  Tier 5 and below, I would just get a new pilot and leave them in those planes.  It is not worth the credit expenditure.

I am running a Twitch series called THE_MONDAY_GRIND where I am currently grinding all MR and LF lines for German and RU planes.  I go through several tips on grinding plane and pilot EXP.  CHeck it out here: www.twitch.tv/mars_revenant as always, feel free to ask questions during the stream, I'll do my best to answer them or try out what you are asking.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 21 January 2018 - 05:46 PM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

trikke #7 Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2048 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 21 January 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

Personally I wouldnt worry about retraining untile you get to the longer grinds.  I would get a new pilot when starting a tier 6 plane, then transfer that pilot to the tier 7, 8, 9, and 10.  I would do this for 2 pilots for each nation.  Tier 5 and below, I would just get a new pilot and leave them in those planes.  It is not worth the credit expenditure.

I am running a Twitch series called THE_MONDAY_GRIND where I am currently grinding all MR and LF lines for German and RU planes.  I go through several tips on grinding plane and pilot EXP.  CHeck it out here: www.twitch.tv/mars_revenant as always, feel free to ask questions during the stream, I'll do my best to answer them or try out what you are asking.

i watched the twitch 109 tl... very well done!   ty, brother

that is one beautiful plane in the air and on the ground

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users