crash

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Catch21 #1 Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2250 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

You've really got to get a handle on this. It continues to happen and it HAS to be losing you (WG) and us (customers) potential players. And players are complaining even if they report, tickets aren't getting answered or with little idea of how to fix other than generic update drivers/OS etc...

Even WG's own employees are getting crashes, so if you don't believe us check with them- see TragicLoss (she's an Administrator here at World of Warplanes NA Forum) streaming on Twitch yesterday here @ 00:46:05 into the stream. She then says it happens 'sometimes' (twice).

So how often for her and look at her machine/specs to check out the problem? For me it's c10% of battles. 

BaerenGott #2 Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 20 battles
  • [7CR] 7CR

View PostCatch21, on 19 January 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

You've really got to get a handle on this. It continues to happen and it HAS to be losing you (WG) and us (customers) potential players. And players are complaining even if they report, tickets aren't getting answered or with little idea of how to fix other than generic update drivers/OS etc...

Even WG's own employees are getting crashes, so if you don't believe us check with them- see TragicLoss (she's an Administrator here at World of Warplanes NA Forum) streaming on Twitch yesterday here @ 00:46:05 into the stream. She then says it happens 'sometimes' (twice).

So how often for her and look at her machine/specs to check out the problem? For me it's c10% of battles. 

I crash after 3-4 flights regularly.  Well, not now...since the update I log in, get the 'loading' message followed by the 'updating hanger' message, back to 'loading', then...nothing.  It just sits there.

Catch21 #3 Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2250 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5
Try this. Worked for me on the problem you mention above since the 2.0.3 update, but didn't solve the long-term crashes to desktop issue that's been with us since (at least) 2.0.

Ekimonuck #4 Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:57 AM

Airman Basic

• 889 battles
  • [KNOTS] KNOTS

View PostCatch21, on 19 January 2018 - 03:53 PM, said:

Try this. Worked for me on the problem you mention above since the 2.0.3 update, but didn't solve the long-term crashes to desktop issue that's been with us since (at least) 2.0.

Thanks bud, tried it after your message and it has me back up and running....you are my new hero. lol

Waco_Hoyt #5 Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:28 AM

Airman Basic

• 1087 battles
  • [TWE] TWE

View PostCatch21, on 19 January 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

Thanks for the idea, but did not work for me.

Catch21 #6 Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2250 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

It's possible to see how many crashes- errr, to desktop that is- you have per day. Every time you start WoP it creates a .log file in %AppData%\Roaming\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes\logs (type %appdata% in File Explorer, it varies per system- then navigate the rest of the way from there). Every time the system crashes it creates a .dmp file.

It looks- from looking around- that WoP has a memory leak problem, where it reserves RAM (memory) for particular program-related operations but doesn't always release it back into the general pool when done. Over time, these leaks reduce the amount of RAM available to both WoP itself and other programs.

So the longer you play, the more likely you are to crash to desktop. Of course, the more RAM to begin with and the more programs running concurrently with WoP are all factors in available RAM. Also the size of your paging file may help, which you can increase (I did, it seems to help some- standard disclaimer, don't try this at home).

If WG want to chime in on this as the cause of the problem- or anything else for that matter- I'm all ears.

CruzANDBruz #7 Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5048 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
I've had a ticket open for about 3 weeks for this issue. The last time they responded with suggestions that I uninstall/reinstall some Windows networking components, I just politely told them I understand there is no known resolution for this issue at this time and asked them to close the ticket.. 

Also tagged with crash

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users