A simple how-to step-by-step guide would be nice.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

CorvusCorvax #1 Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:37 PM

Captain

• 4265 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I have a clan mate that plays.  He any I have different schedules, so we can almost never be on at the same time - I have flown with him twice since v1.5.  He had it figured out how to flight with people, and he pulled me in, and we covered one another, and it was fun for the time we flew together.  Since then, I didn't really know anybody, and the only player I ever saw with any regularity was BEARSS, so I never actually learned how to join somebody in a flight.  I have poked around a little to try and figure it out, but I have really no idea how to make that happen.  I have been having fun just goofing around solo, but the new system almost begs for teamwork.  Can I get in a queue and wait for someone looking to hook up?  Wait, that sounded a bit strange, so let me say it this way:  Is there a way to make people know you're available for some couples playing?

Dang, that didn't sound right either.  ;)

The gist of this is to ask if there is a step-by-step that someone can give to tell people how to request/accept flights?

Unraveler #2 Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:50 PM

Master Sergeant

• 967 battles
It's a very old question.

Cenotaph #3 Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3307 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Look at the bottom of your screen, on either side of the BATTLE button... notice on the left there's a little tab saying something along the lines of "Play in a Flight".

Try that... :P

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

CorvusCorvax #4 Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:59 PM

Captain

• 4265 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCenotaph, on 19 January 2018 - 11:06 PM, said:

Look at the bottom of your screen, on either side of the BATTLE button... notice on the left there's a little tab saying something along the lines of "Play in a Flight".

Try that... :P

Yeah, I've done that, and nothing ever happens.  I'd hook up with someone waiting, but it's always "0" in the queue.

Jager_Gunner #5 Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:13 AM

Master Sergeant

• 104 battles
  • [TWE] TWE

View PostRico_CotC_, on 19 January 2018 - 10:37 PM, said:

I have a clan mate that plays.  He any I have different schedules, so we can almost never be on at the same time - I have flown with him twice since v1.5.  He had it figured out how to flight with people, and he pulled me in, and we covered one another, and it was fun for the time we flew together.  Since then, I didn't really know anybody, and the only player I ever saw with any regularity was BEARSS, so I never actually learned how to join somebody in a flight.  I have poked around a little to try and figure it out, but I have really no idea how to make that happen.  I have been having fun just goofing around solo, but the new system almost begs for teamwork.  Can I get in a queue and wait for someone looking to hook up?  Wait, that sounded a bit strange, so let me say it this way:  Is there a way to make people know you're available for some couples playing?

The gist of this is to ask if there is a step-by-step that someone can give to tell people how to request/accept flights?

Hahahahaha, on a serious note I will be happy to join a wing with you anytime.

Mercsn #6 Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:59 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

1.  Fly a mission. 

2.  Note who scored well.

3.  Right click those players to send message .

4.  Type, "Hi.  You did great last match!   I'm new. Could we flight up? You can use me as bait!"

5.  Accept flight invitation.

6.  In flight chat type, "thanks!".

7.  Click Battle. 

8.  In mstch, press F7 when you get an enemy on you and try to stay near you new flightmate (but not so close that he's likely to collide with you while he's turnin n burnin).

9.  If you see a red plane chasing the yellow icon of your flightmate, engage that enemy.

10. Profit. 

This method doesn't guarantee a flight, but the guy who does join you probably won't be a Dbag.  

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

CorvusCorvax #7 Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:21 PM

Captain

• 4265 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostMercsn, on 20 January 2018 - 04:59 AM, said:

1.  Fly a mission. 

2.  Note who scored well.

3.  Right click those players to send message .

4.  Type, "Hi.  You did great last match!   I'm new. Could we flight up? You can use me as bait!"

5.  Accept flight invitation.

6.  In flight chat type, "thanks!".

7.  Click Battle. 

8.  In mstch, press F7 when you get an enemy on you and try to stay near you new flightmate (but not so close that he's likely to collide with you while he's turnin n burnin).

9.  If you see a red plane chasing the yellow icon of your flightmate, engage that enemy.

10. Profit. 

This method doesn't guarantee a flight, but the guy who does join you probably won't be a Dbag.  

This is the best explanation for how to do it (in real life) that I have read so far.  Just clicking on the "flight" box has never produced any results for me.  Actively recruiting a partner in-game sounds like a much better plan.  Besides, I am a much better pilot as a wingman than solo - I'm a little too aggressive for my own good.  If I have an immediate tactical responsibility, I can execute that with no problem.

CorvusCorvax #8 Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:21 PM

Captain

• 4265 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostJager_Gunner, on 20 January 2018 - 12:13 AM, said:

Hahahahaha, on a serious note I will be happy to join a wing with you anytime.

When are you most often on, and what tier do you fly most?

Jager_Gunner #9 Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:24 PM

Master Sergeant

• 104 battles
  • [TWE] TWE

View PostRico_CotC_, on 22 January 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

When are you most often on, and what tier do you fly most?

I tend to be on most nights 9PM to 12PM Central Time. I also am part of an active clan that is looking for more members. Send me a message/invite in game next time you are on.

Desmios #10 Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1215 battles

View PostRico_CotC_, on 19 January 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

I will fly with you if you want to add me, anytime I am on we can fly together

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users