Flying the Stosser is fun, but T2 humans are derp.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

CorvusCorvax #21 Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:04 PM

Captain

• 4402 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postpyantoryng, on 22 January 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

WG nerfed tier 1-3 by not allowing epic achievements to be scored from them (so much for Gabreski farming of old times) to discourage old timers to go try elsewhere for their token from achievements...although some daily mission tasks still call the veterans back down to those tiers...

I like the idea of taking a new player and showing them how to fly and fight.  But that's hard to do when stuff like "Flights" is hard to decipher.  Even surfing around the forum for an hour didn't tell me the stuff I needed to know, and I had to ask for explicit directions.  I find that more frustrating than getting shot down by a person with more skill than me.

LMG #22 Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View PostRico_CotC_, on 22 January 2018 - 03:04 PM, said:

I like the idea of taking a new player and showing them how to fly and fight.  But that's hard to do when stuff like "Flights" is hard to decipher.  Even surfing around the forum for an hour didn't tell me the stuff I needed to know, and I had to ask for explicit directions.  I find that more frustrating than getting shot down by a person with more skill than me.

I just left-clicked on the other guy's name and selected invite to flight. Never really had done it before either
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Captain_Rownd #23 Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2689 battles

View PostLMG, on 22 January 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

You kinda discourage new players by constantly shooting them down while they're barely trying not to crash on a head-on fight, which can create frustration.

Aww I don't pick on anybody, and they have plenty of opportunity to nibble on my tail as well.  :D  It isn't like I'm flying the MiG-3 against their biplanes.  To me the learning curve is much steeper in Tanks with all the vision and armor/pen mechanics, and Warships has plenty of "best practices" to learn as well.  Warplanes feels a lot easier to get into quickly.   

Edited by Captain_Rownd, 23 January 2018 - 02:40 AM.

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714

pyantoryng #24 Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:53 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2231 battles

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 23 January 2018 - 02:40 AM, said:

Aww I don't pick on anybody, and they have plenty of opportunity to nibble on my tail as well.  :D  It isn't like I'm flying the MiG-3 against their biplanes.  To me the learning curve is much steeper in Tanks with all the vision and armor/pen mechanics, and Warships has plenty of "best practices" to learn as well.  Warplanes feels a lot easier to get into quickly.   

Respawn...

I doubt you'd be saying the same thing if this is still 1.9. You had one life, one that is flimsy enough to go away in mere seconds of complacance. That left little room for learning.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users