Tier 8 plus...don't even bother

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Stonecoldelf #1 Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:48 AM

Senior Airman

• 1604 battles
  • [LOXG] LOXG
Anyone else getting sick of tier 8-10 matches without any players in them?  Bots are absolutely useless allies and I find the result is either a stomp or a total clown show. If people aren't even playing these tiers then why bother having them?  Reduce the daily/weekly missions to exclude tier 8 plus until a player base is established.

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:55 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 950 battles
I play because its there :3

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Mercsn #3 Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:14 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

I've given up on this tier pretty much as well.  It's usually 1v1 at the times I play, rarely 2v2.  Usually the bots decide the match one way or the other.  At least if WG would balance the bots' skill levels per plane type, it would make the players matter.  If you have one team with a couple Ace ai level bots in HF and the other team with Ace bots in bomber or low altitude fighter, the HF win the game.  They have better accuracy and can manage effective BnZ passes on enemy bots that burn their hitpoints quickly.  Meanwhile, the Ace bot in a GA or bomber is "slightly" more effective than the Novice skill level, but no real help to that team.  And even an Ace in a turn-fighter (say yak, for example) can only rack up kills that come down to it's altitude and if it gets in the same sector as the HF bots, it's toast, dying to their super-accurate gunfire.

The matches are lame.  Pretty much the only thing I can stand to fly at this tier is the RB-17...just because it's fun to bomb low altitude with it and...tailgunning bots is entertaining.  Oh, and it's great for credit generation.  But, actually participating in the air fight is sickening at this tier due to the imbalance of the bots making the humans matter very little.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

CamuMahubah #4 Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:34 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1198 battles
  • [SEELS] SEELS

I play against the Super Bots and the all mighty GA at those tiers because it improves my decision making process.  I often see really good mammals at that tier that are a step above what you see at lower tiers. 

There is a pilot I often see late at night who is phenomenal.  I faced him match after match one night and it started to remind me of one of those history channel dogfight episodes.  He became my nemesis and I studied his movements across the map.  

This pilot has a 75 percent WR while mostly playing tier 9 and 10. Facing this type of pilot is fighter school for me.  I've learned a trick or two from some of these aces and I see them night after night.  

Fighting a higher tier GA player that has a pulse is one of the most challenging disgusting things I have ever done.  You really have to kill them when ever you can without dying and keep capping.  Otherwise you cannot kill bots fast enough to win.   Getting them dead without dying to their tailgunners requires complex trickery on the fly literally.  

Sometimes I make them think I am running away and then I come in from high and strafe them while their eyes are glued to the ground.  I often kill them and they are some of the saltiest bros when you win.   If their death flips an industrial plant all of the cerebral processor use is worth it.

I could improve my own WR from staying away from these tiers but I like to fight.  And by God these cro-magnons at higher tiers know how to dance.  They are the children of the devil and I am here to hurt them.

The Super Bots will beat you via forcing you to run out of options.  They seem to love to show up when your boost is gone and you are already wrecked from fighting an evil mammal.  They were created by Satan to mine salt and I must help them journey back to their Lord.  

I actually call it a win if I don't lose credits in my Me 262 and my wooden Japanese jet.  Literally I'm flying around in a wooden last resort fighter at tier 9 with short range shotguns.  How dumb am I?

And then occasionally some ace will come to my hangar and judge my stats which showcase my noob learning days.  So...you're gonna get beat on emotionally and economically. 

Why do I still click battle again I do not really know.  I'm not masochist because I hate losing.  I am that fat kid that got bullied and studied martial arts so I could avenge myself.  It's not going so well for me either but I'm really stubborn and a slow learner so it's just taking me way too long to realize that I should go back to tier 7 where I can actually win occasionally.  

The lower tiers are just get boring daka dakaing my way to tokens so I usually cap the night at tier 8 and 9 until I rage quit and go play a survival game that I enjoy which is full of zombies and clans of peeps who don't speak English that wanna kill you and take your stuff.  

The struggle is real...and I came here to fight.  Thankfully my wowp stats don't count IRL or I'd have to play tier 5 exclusively.

pyantoryng #5 Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:37 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 941 battles
Makes chasing for tokens that much easier...that is all.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Catch21 #6 Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1679 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostMercsn, on 19 January 2018 - 06:14 AM, said:

I've given up on this tier pretty much as well... The matches are lame.  Pretty much the only thing I can stand to fly at this tier is the RB-17...just because it's fun to bomb low altitude with it and...tailgunning bots is entertaining.  Oh, and it's great for credit generation.  But, actually participating in the air fight is sickening at this tier due to the imbalance of the bots making the humans matter very little.

View Postpyantoryng, on 19 January 2018 - 10:37 AM, said:

Makes chasing for tokens that much easier...that is all.

Exactly. Maybe WG should think of consolidating all servers into 1 if possible, then assigning all remaining hands on deck in a single global forum and marketing effort. Rather than separate NA, EU and RU efforts.

Blucraft #7 Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:52 PM

Master Sergeant

• 985 battles

OP, how does this help you get more Tier 8+ players? That's the reason you're battling bots...

-Blu

CamuMahubah #8 Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1198 battles
  • [SEELS] SEELS

View PostBlucraft, on 19 January 2018 - 09:52 PM, said:

OP, how does this help you get more Tier 8+ players? That's the reason you're battling bots...

-Blu

The early morning hours I play it's always 1v1 or occasionally a 2v2 no matter what tier.  So I go to tier 8+  to farm silver and skill.

Captain_Rownd #9 Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 314 battles

If victory/defeat seems to be in the hands of RNG, simply ignore victory/defeat and create some more personal goals to pursue during the games.  Pulling your hair out over RNG is a waste of mental energy.  Control what you can control, and ignore what you can't.  You still get to fly around and blow things up like a Boss.

FIight #10 Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:16 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2000 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

OP, if you can defeat a flight of Oliviako then you can

defeat pretty much every other flight, ranging from t1 to t10

Edited by Einssniper, 19 January 2018 - 11:16 PM.

Pogo68 #11 Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1182 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
When I play in tier 8-10, I'll normally fly the Seafang, F2H or the IL-40 if I'm going for ground kills or that mission that rewards me for capturing sectors.
DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Mercsn #12 Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:30 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 19 January 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

If victory/defeat seems to be in the hands of RNG, simply ignore victory/defeat and create some more personal goals to pursue during the games.  Pulling your hair out over RNG is a waste of mental energy.  Control what you can control, and ignore what you can't.  You still get to fly around and blow things up like a Boss.

The OP never mentions winrate.  The OP does mention that (with the way bot skill levels are randomized per team, per plane) "the result is either a stomp or a total clown show."  

The issue is that there often aren't enough players for more than 1v1 or 2v2.  And the bots being either very strong or very weak makes for very little pvp and a crappy match, win or lose. 

There's not much to learn from an ace level bot in a heavily armed Heavy Fighter with aimbot gunnery other than that, "the only winning move is to not play," to quote another infamous computer. 

Edited by Mercsn, 20 January 2018 - 05:31 AM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users