New kid on the block

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Jager_Gunner #1 Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:34 AM

Master Sergeant

• 104 battles
  • [TWE] TWE
Hello all, I have decided to formally introduce myself on the forum here. I have played WoT for some time now and I have extensive experience in WT as well. I will be honest here, I didn't expect to enjoy the game all that much. I downloaded it with the intention of grinding free XP for WoT. However, having spent the entire day playing the game I have to say I am having loads of fun. It is relaxing to jump into a plane and shoot other planes without playing spot the dot. It looks like I have another WG product to grind on. Now I am at a loss of which tier 10 to get first. Thanks for reading! You will be seeing a lot more of me.

Edited by Jager_Gunner, 19 January 2018 - 02:38 AM.

Wombatmetal #2 Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1141 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Welcome to the game! Yes, I tried WT too and not to my liking. I tried WP when it was re-released and it is quite fun, though definitely a work in progress, 

Hard to say what you first T10 should be. I would say play a bunch of planes and see what works for you. The grind from 1-5 is really fast, I think they have it turned up to get new players to mid-high tiers faster.

Spitfire is a solid line all the way through though. Some of the other lines have "interesting" planes at some point

Jager_Gunner #3 Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:52 AM

Master Sergeant

• 104 battles
  • [TWE] TWE

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 19 January 2018 - 02:49 AM, said:

Welcome to the game! Yes, I tried WT too and not to my liking. I tried WP when it was re-released and it is quite fun, though definitely a work in progress, 

Hard to say what you first T10 should be. I would say play a bunch of planes and see what works for you. The grind from 1-5 is really fast, I think they have it turned up to get new players to mid-high tiers faster.

Spitfire is a solid line all the way through though. Some of the other lines have "interesting" planes at some point

Don't get me wrong I love WT, but 30 and 40 minute engagements were tiresome. I am actually grinding to the Spit mk1 as we speak I got the one from the code and it is great. I just purchased the tier 4. With that purchase I have found my first keeper. I just had an amazing battle where I contributed 12k points in it.

Edited by Jager_Gunner, 19 January 2018 - 03:08 AM.

SpiritFoxMY #4 Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:22 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4917 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Welcome! Will be nice to see more people at the higher tiers. British light fighter line is borderline OP in the current meta so its a decent one to go up for a pick up n play guy

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Jager_Gunner #5 Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:33 AM

Master Sergeant

• 104 battles
  • [TWE] TWE

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 19 January 2018 - 03:22 AM, said:

Welcome! Will be nice to see more people at the higher tiers. British light fighter line is borderline OP in the current meta so its a decent one to go up for a pick up n play guy

I also got the tier 8 and 7 British premiums for credits and crew training. The tier 8 is a beast.

SpiritFoxMY #6 Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:52 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4917 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Seafang is a nice plane, yes. Maneuverable for a multirole. Pleasantly surprised at your performance in your premiums so far - see you in the skies :p

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Mercsn #7 Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:23 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Welcome.  I agree the game is fun to play, having returned after about a 4 year absence to check out "beta 2.0".  WG is still flailing around miserably trying to figure out what to do to keep players around though.  And, generally ignoring any feedback from EU and, especially, NA.  According to WG:  <<Ты говоришь по английски? Прости. Мы не понимаем. Ваши слова или ваши мысли.>>

Since you are so new to this title, if you'd like some advice, I offered some to another new player in their thread, here.  You might take a peak, if you haven't run across that thread already. 

Good Hunting.

:honoring:

Also, regarding WT...I can play an hour in WoWP (if the bots aren't ruining matches too bad) and it feels like not much time.  While I can appreciate the Sim value of that title, spending 20 minutes getting to battle...or crashing on takeoff, makes that game feel tedious.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

FreeFOXMIKE #8 Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:34 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 5151 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

welcome to the game

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

Doc_Ebs #9 Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:27 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1042 battles
  • [FPOA] FPOA
Hey welcome to WOWP! Check out this link https://games.steels...de-key-giveaway for some free tier 5 planes and use the code PCPWOWP2 for another plane or two. Not a bad time to join up.

Jager_Gunner #10 Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:52 PM

Master Sergeant

• 104 battles
  • [TWE] TWE

View PostDoc_Ebs, on 20 January 2018 - 02:27 PM, said:

Hey welcome to WOWP! Check out this link https://games.steels...de-key-giveaway for some free tier 5 planes and use the code PCPWOWP2 for another plane or two. Not a bad time to join up.

Thanks for the awesome code! I had already used the second one, but the first one really helps me out a ton! 

Doc_Ebs #11 Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:10 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1042 battles
  • [FPOA] FPOA

View PostJager_Gunner, on 20 January 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

Thanks for the awesome code! I had already used the second one, but the first one really helps me out a ton! 

Hey you are welcome! I wish the others were still active they gave a bunch of planes away this holiday season and even more if you were brave enough to buy Santa gift bags. I spend maybe 50-60 and got like 40k gold 400k free xp and a bunch of planes. Worth it!

Captain_Rownd #12 Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2424 battles

Bring your friends!  (and your enemies!)  :D

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users