• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

FIight #1 Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:31 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1903 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Maps with only 1 sector could be added since:

1. Battle will definitely be intensified as everyone just rushes to the center;

2. GAAs and bombers could be less effective as they can only capture one sector,

however, they can still benefit from the targets destroyed in the central region;

3. It is very likely such maps will progress to the squall line, then high altitude 

planes + HFs can be even more effective;

Of course, the central sector could be much larger than normal, having more

air defense bots, and more ground targets to destroy. It could be an aircraft carrier,

or whatever is larger and critical to the victory. 

vcharng #2 Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:41 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1896 battles

Just look at that Plant + 2x airstrip map, bombers and GAAs already are useless there, as 10 of them will have to fight over a single sector.

If we are to put this, the single sector will have to be huge, absolutely huge and it would have to work differently, for example, it may have to work like this:

Team A currently has 400 capture point, B has 300, so the conquest meter will add 4 vs. 3 per 5 second.

Team A just destroyed a target (air defense or ground target), so it became 450 capture point, later, team B destroyed a plane from Team A, so team A's cap. point is reduced to 410, and so on.

....which looks more like a new game mode instead of a new map to me.

Also this will make German GAAs useless compared to Soviet ones, as this eliminates the value of speed for GAAs.

unless...... unless this "single sector" is also huge in area, probably 5~10 km across. And if that's the case I think it sounds more like a "sector-free" map than a "single sector" map.

pyantoryng #3 Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:56 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 934 battles

Make the entire map one sector...

...oh wait, that's superiority mode! :trollface:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

vcharng #4 Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1896 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 18 January 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

Make the entire map one sector...

...oh wait, that's superiority mode! :trollface:

Is that something pre-1.9? I only started after 2.0 so I don't know about this...

also I just found out......

The Op wrote:

"Maps with only 1 sector could be added since: [omitted] 2. bombers and GAAs could be less effective......"

What? do we need to make them even less effective?

GAAs now live in the bottom of the food chain, they don't need to be anywhere weaker, and bombers never actually had a say on the outcome.

poisonousblood #5 Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3321 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

the hatred for GAs and Bombers in WoWp community is same as arties in WoT :teethhappy:

my most played aircraft is blenheim 4 for a reason :trollface:

vcharng #6 Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:28 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1896 battles

View Postpoisonousblood, on 18 January 2018 - 10:15 AM, said:

the hatred for GAs and Bombers in WoWp community is same as arties in WoT :teethhappy:

my most played aircraft is blenheim 4 for a reason :trollface:

WOT tankers hate arties because arties kill them, what's the point of hating bombers and GAAs who are simply fighter food?

pyantoryng #7 Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:21 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 934 battles

View Postvcharng, on 18 January 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

Is that something pre-1.9? I only started after 2.0 so I don't know about this...

also I just found out......

The Op wrote:

"Maps with only 1 sector could be added since: [omitted] 2. bombers and GAAs could be less effective......"

What? do we need to make them even less effective?

GAAs now live in the bottom of the food chain, they don't need to be anywhere weaker, and bombers never actually had a say on the outcome.

WG decided to refer to the pre 2.0 game mode as "Superiority". The battlefield was one big sector with targets that belong to respective sides and any points obtained starts the superiority meter. You can, however, push said meter back by destroying planes and targets and influence its speed by outscoring your opponents. Of course, there was no such thing as respawn.

An indepedently operated GAA or bomber can have significant effect in Conquest given the correct circumstances. I'd say that GAA fares better than its pre-2.0 iteration where it can literally run out of targets and the only option was to fight.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

vcharng #8 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1896 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 18 January 2018 - 01:21 PM, said:

WG decided to refer to the pre 2.0 game mode as "Superiority". The battlefield was one big sector with targets that belong to respective sides and any points obtained starts the superiority meter. You can, however, push said meter back by destroying planes and targets and influence its speed by outscoring your opponents. Of course, there was no such thing as respawn.

An indepedently operated GAA or bomber can have significant effect in Conquest given the correct circumstances. I'd say that GAA fares better than its pre-2.0 iteration where it can literally run out of targets and the only option was to fight.

well now GAAs can never stay unharrassed, and bombers are.... map-dependent. There's nothing you can do in a 3-sector map when you're flying GAA or bomber, as anyone who wants to kill you, will.

You said GAAs fare better now, then I would imagine the GAAs before 1.9 being unplayably weak.

LMG #9 Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:25 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 922 battles

View Postvcharng, on 18 January 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

well now GAAs can never stay unharrassed, and bombers are.... map-dependent. There's nothing you can do in a 3-sector map when you're flying GAA or bomber, as anyone who wants to kill you, will.

You said GAAs fare better now, then I would imagine the GAAs before 1.9 being unplayably weak.

They weren't unplayable, but you basically played the mouse and everyone else was a cat. You played conect-the-dots with your guns, then went into hiding. If a fighter caught you, it's bombkill or die. That's about it, really. Now you actually have variety and choices to make on a GAA. It's like you're actually playing a game instead of being a means to get the score meter going for your team :amazed:

Back on topic, I really would not like to have one-sector maps. Not only does that throw any sort of strategy or planning out the window, it reinforces the deathball mentality that I've seen quite a few people dislike. It would also make most ground pounders virtually useless, as any progress they make on destroying targets will just be pushed back by friendly deaths, or made pointless by enemies dying over the sector. And GAA vs GAA dogfights in my book are about the worst. Either one can destroy the other without the other being able to properly respond at all, or it turns into aerial NASCAR for the rest of the match as neither has the capability of catching up to the other. Hell, I already feel like that with 3-sector maps, where I'm severely limited in what I can do, and I never end up with a decent score even when I play immaculately :(

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users