very low fps when I play

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Double_O7 #1 Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:03 AM

Airman Basic

• 69 battles

Hi! So I started playing WOWPs when the new update came out and I love the new play style, but I just cannot get more than 10 fps in any battle. My computer is fully capable running this game smoothly so I don't know why this is happening. My connection is good too. World of Tanks and World of Warships perform perfectly fine on my PC as well (around 30 fps on average). No other programs run while I play and the game has been added to all of my firewall and antivirus exceptions. My drives are optimized and my cpu and disk space are below 80% when I play.

I submitted a ticket about this, but WG customer support responded with their typical copy-paste answer, which helped nothing. I just have no idea what else to do. Are there any graphic settings I can change in order for me to fix this? Or is there something wrong with my pc that I don't know about?

Thanks

Edited by Double_O7, 18 January 2018 - 04:06 AM.

ArrowZ_ #2 Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:34 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 150 battles

They'll need to know your specs (probably going to ask you to upload a dxdiag file). As a side note, the low/minimum and recommended pc requirements for this game is so outdated it isn't even relevant anymore considering the amount of times the game client becomes unoptimized in FPS. One patch you have a high fps, the next you have low fps. There's many reports after 2.0.0 client version that player's FPS dipped in unusually low levels due to the update in patches 2.0.1, 2.0.2 & from what I can tell not much has changed in 2.0.3 (the current client I believe).

Long story short: You're not alone. Everyone is in the same boat. I'm rocking a GTX 1080 OC and im only able to output 60-70 FPS on average with 1080p, as low as 25-30 on poorly optimized maps and as high as 90-100 on fairly decent ones. That's pretty bad considering the intended purpose for a 1080 is to game in 60+ FPS at 2160p (4k). If you can dish out higher FPS in more popular AAA titles or as you've likely already realized better FPS performance in the other 2 WG titles, then you will know it's not your rig that's the problem.

I think alot of the gfx issues is tied towards the maps themselves. But maybe the amount of planes in the match including bots could certainly have a factor in dips in FPS aswell. These devs just need to re-prioritize their update "goals" and focus on making the game run smoothly first before getting caried away with sparkly new pretty content.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 18 January 2018 - 06:45 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

poisonousblood #3 Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:17 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3291 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

i have relatively powerful machine
i7 3770k

16GB 2400 DDR3

MSI 1070 Armor OC

still i get sometime under 25 fps.

It is the problem of the game. Inefficient usage of resources.

Edited by poisonousblood, 18 January 2018 - 10:17 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users