What do I have to do to win, eat a banana?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

IronWolfV #61 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 18 January 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

That's fair. Just understand you picked two of the toughest nations to learn this game on (America, Germany) in my opinion anyway. Check Plane Compare on the main site: it will give you the stats for each plane so you can measure up your airplanes against those you're facing and give you an idea how to best fight each one. 

Your chosen airplane, the XP-77 appears to be a thoroughly mediocre airplane with weak guns, uninspiring ceiling, poor climb rate, horrible HP and awful speed. Its only useful trait is slightly better than average turning rate. Use that to your advantage and turn in the horizontal. A smart opponent will try to switch it into a vertical fight - resist the urge to follow. I can't say much more because - jeez, that's a really awful plane judging by the stat card. The best way to fly it will be to learn what advantages you hold over any opponent you may face (but sweet jesus, if you run into a Yak-1 he'll eat you for breakfast)

The American fighter line likes to go high and into the vertical. Guns don't require any skill to use, so that's a plus. I say use your Flying Tigers P-40 to grind credits - the plane is good enough to hold its own and the playstyle will be similar to the tech tree P-40. 

Fw190s... go check out the Newbies forum. There've been enough posts about that thing.

Good luck and see you in the skies.

well right now just trying out different things. I can see that the Brits ain't too bad and the Yaks turn on a dime as do the zeros.

Still trying to get a hang on what does what. Spitfire and I seem to click ok. Need also to try to get a handle on bombing. So far I think the Brits will be the best for me.

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

-Starbuck, Battlestar Galactica

SpiritFoxMY #62 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4924 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostIronWolfV, on 18 January 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

well right now just trying out different things. I can see that the Brits ain't too bad and the Yaks turn on a dime as do the zeros.

Still trying to get a hang on what does what. Spitfire and I seem to click ok. Need also to try to get a handle on bombing. So far I think the Brits will be the best for me.

Brits are the easiest line to go down - their fighters can do anything except intercept at high altitudes. I posted my opinions over on the newbies forum regarding the generalities of each line.

http://forum.worldof...ions-strengths/

Mercsn has an excellent post about capping and fighter priorities: 

http://forum.worldof...lmg#entry706660

And here's a thread on ID-ing ground targets: 

http://forum.worldof...lmg#entry702925

Again, I strongly recommend you check out the newbies forum - a lot of questions you might ask have gone into that forum already

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

IronWolfV #63 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 18 January 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

Brits are the easiest line to go down - their fighters can do anything except intercept at high altitudes. I posted my opinions over on the newbies forum regarding the generalities of each line.

http://forum.worldof...ions-strengths/

Mercsn has an excellent post about capping and fighter priorities: 

http://forum.worldof...lmg#entry706660

And here's a thread on ID-ing ground targets: 

http://forum.worldof...lmg#entry702925

Again, I strongly recommend you check out the newbies forum - a lot of questions you might ask have gone into that forum already

will do.

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

-Starbuck, Battlestar Galactica

Bad_Wulf #64 Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:08 PM

Senior Airman

• 2577 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
Got to love it when 5 of your bots go to the Command Center or Military Base, spend all match there with no reds, but can't cap it.

LMG #65 Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View PostBad_Wulf, on 18 January 2018 - 06:08 PM, said:

Got to love it when 5 of your bots go to the Command Center or Military Base, spend all match there with no reds, but can't cap it.

Bot heavies tend to go to these sectors and attack the air defense aircraft. However, if they run out of targets and the area isn't captured (which is more noticeable on Military Bases) they'll just hang around until something else shows up. Bot GAAs and Bombers on the other hand are too inept to get the cap in a reasonable amount of time more often than not; God help them if they get shot down or crash half-way through :facepalm:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Zergling #66 Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:01 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 710 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

In regards to flights, I pretty much only fly with a friend now. We aren't actively padding our winrate, but we do focus on winning and treat human players on the enemy team as high priority targets.

We don't chase human players down to the exclusion of all else, but they will be our first targets to eliminate, especially if they are in an attacker or bomber.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users