What do I have to do to win, eat a banana?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

vcharng #21 Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:53 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3849 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 18 January 2018 - 01:48 AM, said:

:sceptic:

Are flights really that much of a problem?

Really?

They are not being exploited right now by anyone.

All the "exploiters" left.

The only ones left flighting up are new guys and you're seriously telling me that these new guys are creating too much of a problem?

I think I need my reading comprehension skills checked.:ohmy:

You need to get out of alternative reality.

There are many pre-1.9 veterans forming flights in T8+ games right now, I can name at least five of them from my ignore list, and there's more, as they only enter my ignore list if they are forming flights AND actively griefing me in my P.1102B.

Some of them have 85% WR, while these guys do have some skill of their own, the OPness of LF and flights still played a critical role.

IronWolfV #22 Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

View Postvcharng, on 17 January 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

I can see that you never played in 2.0, so please allow me to inform you:

in 2.0 we are practically printing cash. I can earn 100K credit in an average T10 game. with just about 1500 games I now have around 60M credits at the moment.

Last match was about the time I wrote this. I'm not printing cash. OTOH I'm more used to WOWS where I can easily make 1 million credits in 2 matches. So I guess just a tad spoiled there.

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

-Starbuck, Battlestar Galactica

General_Lee_Miserable #23 Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 320 battles

View Postvcharng, on 18 January 2018 - 01:53 AM, said:

There are many pre-1.9 veterans forming flights in T8+ games right now, I can name at least five of them from my ignore list, and there's more, as they only enter my ignore list if they are forming flights AND actively griefing me in my P.1102B.

Some of them have 85% WR, while these guys do have some skill of their own, the OPness of LF and flights still played a critical role.

I have witnessed the same thing. It was especially bad during the event. 

vcharng #24 Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:58 AM

• 3849 battles

View PostIronWolfV, on 18 January 2018 - 01:55 AM, said:

Last match was about the time I wrote this. I'm not printing cash. OTOH I'm more used to WOWS where I can easily make 1 million credits in 2 matches. So I guess just a tad spoiled there.

Weird, it said 0 battles when I wrote that...did you just played or is it something about data update interval?

mnbv_fockewulfe #25 Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:14 AM

Captain

• 615 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postvcharng, on 18 January 2018 - 01:58 AM, said:

Weird, it said 0 battles when I wrote that...did you just played or is it something about data update interval?

There's a forum glitch, were if you click the "show me more posts" button, any user who posted will display 0 battles played.

It's been around for a loooong time.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe #26 Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:20 AM

Captain

• 615 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postvcharng, on 18 January 2018 - 01:53 AM, said:

Sometimes I wonder if I play the same game as everyone else or on a different server.

Problems I experience in the game no one else seems to have.

Problems I don't experience everyone else seems to have.

I rarely fly T7 plus anymore because there simply isn't any point.

But when I do, I rarely run into more than one human and their chances of being flighted is slim to none.

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on 18 January 2018 - 01:56 AM, said:

I have witnessed the same thing. It was especially bad during the event.

I here by declare you're argument garbage for a very obvious reason.:trollface:

vcharng #27 Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:29 AM

• 3849 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 18 January 2018 - 02:20 AM, said:

Sometimes I wonder if I play the same game as everyone else or on a different server.

Problems I experience in the game no one else seems to have.

Problems I don't experience everyone else seems to have.

I rarely fly T7 plus anymore because there simply isn't any point.

But when I do, I rarely run into more than one human and their chances of being flighted is slim to none.

I here by declare you're argument garbage for a very obvious reason.:trollface:

Especially bad during event does not equal to only occurring in events.

and your problem is marked in bold font.

In lower tiers it is less effective to use flights to pad WR as you are more likely to have a better matchmaking. (though yesterday I still got into a T6 game with me as the only human T5 in the whole match due to the other side having a T6 flight. I scored 1st and won nevertheless)

But in high tiers you won't expect to meet more than one player on the other side, which is why WR padding with flights is effective. you can put two T10s against one T10, or even one T9.

IronWolfV #28 Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:36 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

View Postvcharng, on 17 January 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

like it was said. Forum glitch. Hell took days after getting past the 5 battles mark before the forums realized "oh hey he can post now".

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

-Starbuck, Battlestar Galactica

mnbv_fockewulfe #29 Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:57 AM

Captain

• 615 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postvcharng, on 18 January 2018 - 02:29 AM, said:

Especially bad during event does not equal to only occurring in events.

and your problem is marked in bold font.

In lower tiers it is less effective to use flights to pad WR as you are more likely to have a better matchmaking. (though yesterday I still got into a T6 game with me as the only human T5 in the whole match due to the other side having a T6 flight. I scored 1st and won nevertheless)

But in high tiers you won't expect to meet more than one player on the other side, which is why WR padding with flights is effective. you can put two T10s against one T10, or even one T9.

Roughly speaking, 2/5 of my battles have been in T7+.

But then I barely have 100 battles and you have 1500.

Looks like most of your high tier battles are in GA. And German GA none the less.

Tell me, what's the plane these guys are fligting in?

I'm curious to know what they've moved to now that double HFs no longer guarantee victory.

(p.s. everyone knows the event was a train wreck of humans vs bots only especially at high teirs, if anything during the event, the flights were on your side)

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 18 January 2018 - 02:58 AM.

vcharng #30 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:05 AM

• 3849 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 18 January 2018 - 02:57 AM, said:

Tell me, what's the plane these guys are fligting in?

I'm curious to know what they've moved to now that double HFs no longer guarantee victory.

There are many combinations, but mostly at least one of them will be LF or MR with high agility.

I've also came across a HF+GA flight, and the HF did nothing except hunting for me, while the GA happily caps all the positions.

The category of planes you're flying don't really matter when you have two against one. I doubt how good I could've been even if I was flying a single LF against the two of them.

mnbv_fockewulfe #31 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:34 AM

Captain

• 615 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postvcharng, on 18 January 2018 - 03:05 AM, said:

There are many combinations, but mostly at least one of them will be LF or MR with high agility.

I've also came across a HF+GA flight, and the HF did nothing except hunting for me, while the GA happily caps all the positions.

The category of planes you're flying don't really matter when you have two against one. I doubt how good I could've been even if I was flying a single LF against the two of them.

Could you be more specific?

I was looking for model names at appear most frequently.

Without the API data I can't see the info myself.

Though you are partly correct about the 1 v2 situation.

I flew a few training room sessions of myself alone verses 2 and even three hostile planes.

I flew the 302 and had a huge acceleration/speed advantage. Even then it was barely enough for me to not get slaughter over and over again.

As the flight mechanics are now, the only true defence against 2 or more hostile a/c is having 3x as much kinetic energy (i.e. airspeed) then they do individually. Muzzle velocities are far too fast and maneuvers change your position in space too little (due to vertical and now horizontal compression).

In the old game it was possible to evade 5 opponents at the same altitude (I'm thinking of one specific battle where I evaded the entire enemy team in my P-51D at 3,000m for 2 minutes before losing the match.)

In the old game, the most I could juggle at one time was 3 planes (all bots or all humans at T7+, +5 planes in my Fw 190 A-5 T6). I can still juggle 3 planes in my Me 410, after shooting one down to even the odds, they come back in 15 seconds to make the odds uneven again. And this can happen almost perpetually.

vcharng #32 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:41 AM

• 3849 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 18 January 2018 - 03:34 AM, said:

Could you be more specific?

I was looking for model names at appear most frequently.

As I'm answering by memory, it's difficult to be precise.

I think some of the more notable ones are F-86/84, Mig-15 and the T10 thing on the Bf109 line (forgot its name), followed by Attacker and 262 HG II/III

SpiritFoxMY #33 Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:01 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4888 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostIronWolfV, on 17 January 2018 - 11:59 PM, said:

only reason I am dying so fast isn't lack of game knowledge. Got enough of that. I just am a bit too aggressive. And for most of my tier 5 planes, just trying to grind out credits.

Buy in any WG title I usually hate anything tier 4 and below. Mid tiers is usually where you really start learning any WG title as I've seen. Lower tiers really don't teach crap. Through them too fast and the game usually goes into a higher gear.

Best place to learn is tier 5.

Learning not to be too aggressive = game knowledge. Mechanics are the basics, if you insist on tier 5 you have to learn the dynamics of the game live while people like me do our level best to farm you for credits and WinRate.

Anyway... as others have mentioned, you need to know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. It isn't worth doing a Kenny against the sealclubber in the middle holding the Airbase/Factory. Run around the sides and farm caps away from the main deathball: 5k CP in the min you need to have any value in an extended fight - make that your minimum CP benchmark. 3k is a terrible game if it wasn't from a total roflstomp.

Sorry, but unless we know more, its just a matter of you learning how each map works.

1. Missile Bases are gold but they're really hard to cap if they are uncontested. Wait until you see enemy targets gathering over them then jump in and farm kills on them faster than they can farm kills on you.

2. Factories are critical but unless you're in a GAA you're going to have to wait a bit for the enemy to come and cap before you can farm them for kills. Stay low - factories have no light AA so you can avoid taking damage by staying at about 400m. Be warned - solo factories at tier 5 attract sealclubbers like CNN attracts Trump tweets.

3. Command Centers are fairly easy to flip - hunt all fighters starting from the heavies at the top. Those have the best chance of killing you or your AI teammates. Get rid of them. Once bombers are on the map, watch your team. If they lemming after bombers, go after caps and vice versa. Prioritise according to bomber targets - Garrisons and Command Centers flip in one pass. Most others can survive two.

4. Airbases speed up respawns and allow repairs so they are an important target. Not a priority unless they're in a strategic location or the squall is due.

5. Airfields and Garrisons are the lowest priority. Airfields can be useful if they're close to the main point of contention but otherwise I'd put them as bottom priority simply because they're slightly harder to cap than Garrisons. Garrisons flip quickly so they're an easy source of points early on but they flip quickly to the enemy too. Only go for them if everyone else is deathballing over some other cap and you're in a Heavy, Multirole, GAA or Bomber. Fighters should always jump into an even deathball - that's where you do the most good.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

HoIo #34 Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:43 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1427 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View Postvcharng, on 17 January 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

As I'm answering by memory, it's difficult to be precise.

I think some of the more notable ones are F-86/84, Mig-15 and the T10 thing on the Bf109 line (forgot its name), followed by Attacker and 262 HG II/III

The Me P.1101.

You're welcome for the salt I guess :teethhappy:

I'm surprised there are more people playing the Thunder jet... Unless it's specifically me we're discussing. But that'd make me 3 of the 5 things you listed... Oh dear, oh dear.

I agree, flights are relatively bad in flavor at the higher tiers. But if you can't beat them, may as well join em. That's where I'm at now anyways. Still though, can't blame me if I rake everything in the sky when I'm in my 262 HG III

-Gets 8th in average experience per game-

"Hey guys, I'm in the top 10 :trollface:"

"What about your win rate"

"Oh we don't need to talk about that do we...? Right?"

I_QQ_4_U #35 Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:10 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2111 battles
 5000 combat points isn't all that much really and it doesn't really matter all that much, I had three games last night where I scored between 10 and 15k CP and lost all three, two of them quite badly and in both the top 'player' on the enemy team was a bot with less than 7k CP. I was playing a GA and I find you rely heavily on your bots in GA's and bombers, if they all decide to do something useless you're pretty much screwed. I usually need them to kill at least one or two defense aircraft to flip caps quickly.

vcharng #36 Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:18 AM

• 3849 battles

View PostHoIo, on 18 January 2018 - 04:43 AM, said:

The Me P.1101.

You're welcome for the salt I guess :teethhappy:

I'm surprised there are more people playing the Thunder jet... Unless it's specifically me we're discussing. But that'd make me 3 of the 5 things you listed... Oh dear, oh dear.

I agree, flights are relatively bad in flavor at the higher tiers. But if you can't beat them, may as well join em. That's where I'm at now anyways. Still though, can't blame me if I rake everything in the sky when I'm in my 262 HG III

Since your ID is the same as an anime character I kinda liked, I would remember if we really met that many times.

But to my memory we only met once in T10, and it was not one of the worst games against a flight.

The thing is, I don't think we have good diversity in high tiers, so many people tend to fly the small group of planes considered "OP under current meta".

" But if you can't beat them, may as well join em."

Well, not for me, I'm not interested in becoming exactly who I hate. It feels like becoming a terrorist just because they never disappear.

Edit: I just checked, you're not on my ignore list, so you're probably far from being one of the worst WR padding offenders I met.

Edited by vcharng, 18 January 2018 - 05:24 AM.

LMG #37 Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on 18 January 2018 - 12:10 AM, said:

5000 combat points isn't all that much really and it doesn't really matter all that much, I had three games last night where I scored between 10 and 15k CP and lost all three, two of them quite badly and in both the top 'player' on the enemy team was a bot with less than 7k CP. I was playing a GA and I find you rely heavily on your bots in GA's and bombers, if they all decide to do something useless you're pretty much screwed. I usually need them to kill at least one or two defense aircraft to flip caps quickly.

Rule for GAAs, learn how to work without the Bot's "help". It's also worth trying to understand why they didn't do what you thought they would, or should. For one thing, Bot fighters don't really go to Military Bases by choice. While some might think it's a waste, there's only two heavy Air Defense Aircraft there, and a lot of high-altitude AA, so it might be better for them not to take priority on them. However, they can be lured into one if they see a nearby enemy somewhere within the vicinity. If there's a deathball over a central Military Base, chances are the fighters will end up going there because they thought they saw a pretty plane, locking them in a vicious cycle until either the area is clear or they see a prettier plane closer by. With that in mind, a GAA player can take advantage of the moment and capture other sectors, or maybe wait for all the bots to be focusing on something else and quickly flip the cap when given an opportunity. Hell, you can take it one step further and capture a sector close to the enemy's spawn to make the respawning bots go there instead of reinforce the Military Base :great:

Edited by LMG, 18 January 2018 - 05:27 AM.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

HoIo #38 Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:31 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1427 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View Postvcharng, on 17 January 2018 - 10:18 PM, said:

Since your ID is the same as an anime character I kinda liked, I would remember if we really met that many times.

But to my memory we only met once in T10, and it was not one of the worst games against a flight.

The thing is, I don't think we have good diversity in high tiers, so many people tend to fly the small group of planes considered "OP under current meta".

" But if you can't beat them, may as well join em."

Well, not for me, I'm not interested in becoming exactly who I hate. It feels like becoming a terrorist just because they never disappear.

Edit: I just checked, you're not on my ignore list, so you're probably far from being one of the worst WR padding offenders I met.

Well then, you're not one of those individuals I've met that got REALLY butthurt by how I play my heavy fighters then..

To each their own, you know? I prefer to win games that I should have won, rather than not winning them at the cost of some in-game morality.

vcharng #39 Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:44 AM

• 3849 battles

View PostHoIo, on 18 January 2018 - 05:31 AM, said:

Well then, you're not one of those individuals I've met that got REALLY butthurt by how I play my heavy fighters then..

To each their own, you know? I prefer to win games that I should have won, rather than not winning them at the cost of some in-game morality.

Well since my only T10 is the P1102B, you'd be wasting your time and your altitude/speed advantage to be engaging me down here....

either way, I've been playing at chat off for a while since I found the function hidden deep inside the settings, so you won't hear my complaints anyway.

I don't know about you, but if I do WR padding it won't be "a game that I should have won" anymore. In fact I don't even feel much sense of achievement when I got MMed against a single T9 player, let alone being MMed with my friend against a poor solo guy. This is exactly why my 1102 is now less flown: there's practically no fair game given the current size of player base at T10.

The fact that WR padding exists is, on the other hand, a somewhat sense of comfort to me, as it reduces the value of WR altogether. I don't have to face the risk of being pointed at the nose for my WR, as now I know they can be rigged (and that I have found chat off). I just have to tell them that I play arties/ bombers/ GAAs/ Corsairs, and above all, in solo.

HoIo #40 Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:53 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1427 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View Postvcharng, on 17 January 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:

Well since my only T10 is the P1102B, you'd be wasting your time and your altitude/speed advantage to be engaging me down here....

either way, I've been playing at chat off for a while since I found the function hidden deep inside the settings, so you won't hear my complaints anyway.

I don't know about you, but if I do WR padding it won't be "a game that I should have won" anymore. In fact I don't even feel much sense of achievement when I got MMed against a single T9 player, let alone being MMed with my friend against a poor solo guy. This is exactly why my 1102 is now less flown: there's practically no fair game given the current size of player base at T10.

The fact that WR padding exists is, on the other hand, a somewhat sense of comfort to me, as it reduces the value of WR altogether. I don't have to face the risk of being pointed at the nose for my WR, as now I know they can be rigged (and that I have found chat off). I just have to tell them that I play arties/ bombers/ GAAs/ Corsairs, and above all, in solo.

A debatable topic since I respect how powerful GAs are... But that's another discussion.

I get what you're saying, but look at it from my perspective. If everyone else is in a flight, I feel like me showing up with one will make for better combat. Plus, it's 2v2 now, instead of 1v1 (or 2v1)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users