What do I have to do to win, eat a banana?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

IronWolfV #1 Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

I am flying my guts out. Scoring from 3-5000 combat points a match. Sure no unicum but I routinely score in the top 3 players per match. 

I am playing for objectives regardless of what I fly, no matter what I do, I just cannot win for the life of me. What do I need to do?

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

-Starbuck, Battlestar Galactica

Captain_Rownd #2 Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2425 battles
If you already know which caps to prioritize, and ping those caps to communicate to whatever humans may be present, there's not much more you can do than just keep flying your [edited]off.  Yesterday I had one of those maps with a missile base on each side and garrison in center and only one human on each team.  I went directly to the missile base and only 1 of the bots followed me, meanwhile the enemy quickly capped their missile base because I guess they just had better bots, LOL.  I shot the enemy human down a couple times, but knew I was doomed to lose that one. 

Edited by Captain_Rownd, 17 January 2018 - 09:51 PM.

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714

CorvusCorvax #3 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:00 PM

Captain

• 4278 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Depends on how you eat the banana.  If you can eat it in one bite, your skill might distract the other team long enough for you to cap a valuable sector.  ;)

Kiwiav8r #4 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:02 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 608 battles
  • [ACES_] ACES_

Conquest mode takes a bit of getting used to.  The secret is knowing where to be and when to be there.  Also, the roles of each plane type has been much more clearly defined, so you need to be effective in the specific role you have chosen with your plane selection.

But there are times where the other teams bots are simply better.  Nothing you can do except take the loss.

Edited by Kiwiav8r, 17 January 2018 - 10:02 PM.

"Credibility down, Kill Ratio up!" - Joe 'Hoser' Satrapa

Aces (pre v1.9):  Bulldog, A4N, Hawk III, F2A-1, I-16(e), Skua, Ar68, A6M1, P-36, XF4F-3, Bf-109B, Bf-110B, Bf-110 C6, Blenheim, Bf-109E, Bf-110E, P-40, P-40 M105, XFL-1, Spitfire I, M.20, Beaufighter, IL-2 (mod), XF4U-1, Mosquito, P-51A, Yak-7, Yak-1M, Bf-109F, La-5, Spitfire V, Me-410, F4U-1, Fw-190 A5, Yak-9, XP-50, P-39Q-15, Mustang Mk 1, P-38J, P-51D, Yak-9U, Bf-109G, La-7, Spitfire IX, A7M, Fw-190D, F7F, Yak-15, Me-262

poppavein #5 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3200 battles

Not worry about wins?  I know that's difficult when missions require it.

Worrying about my win rate and stats in Tanks almost ruined it for me.  In this game, I've convinced myself that bots have more of an influence than I do.  (Whether it's right or not, it helps my sanity.)

IronWolfV #6 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

View PostRico_CotC_, on 17 January 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

Depends on how you eat the banana.  If you can eat it in one bite, your skill might distract the other team long enough for you to cap a valuable sector.  ;)

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

FluffyPabu #7 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5980 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
play in a flight. flight gives a lot of winrate success. This game requires no skill when someones at your back you are gonna die. You need a wingman who can watch your butt and survive longer

General_Lee_Miserable #8 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 320 battles
3 to 5 k combat points is pretty low and that wouldn't do much to increase your chances of winning. 

General_Lee_Miserable #9 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 320 battles

View Postpoisonousblood, on 17 January 2018 - 10:21 PM, said:

play in a flight. flight gives a lot of winrate success. This game requires no skill when someones at your back you are gonna die. You need a wingman who can watch your butt and survive longer

Yes..the tool of WR padders. 

NorthernPorter #10 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 1791 battles

View Postpoisonousblood, on 17 January 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

Your struggle sounds a lot like what I'm fighting with and I'm getting tired of losing good games too. Hit me up if you need a wingman.

And I could care less about my WR, I just want the added xp with a win.

LMG #11 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

We'll need a bit more details to let you know what you're doing wrong. In general, Conquest is all about being in the right place at the right time doing the right thing, and that all depends on the aircraft you fly. It's not the same playing boom-and-zoom on a GAA vs a German heavy fighter

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Zergling #12 Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 710 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

Taking a look at your stats, it appears you simply aren't doing enough kills or damage in most of your planes; it looks like the only one you are actually doing well in is the Spitfire Ia, but that only has a 2 battle sample so it is hard to tell.

Further look shows you have a lot of sorties per battle, which indicates you are dying frequently. At the same time, your damage and kills scored per sortie is quite low.

So I think it is fair to say you are losing battles because you aren't scoring effectively. I recommend that you stop playing Tier 5/6 premiums and instead start at Tier 1, grind your way up to Tier 5/6 normally before playing that Tier again.

Lower tiers will hopefully teach you the basics of the game better than jumping right into the mid-tiers.

Edited by Zergling, 17 January 2018 - 11:52 PM.

Perco_lator #13 Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:49 PM

• 11 battles

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on 17 January 2018 - 05:22 PM, said:

Yes..the tool of WR padders. 

Or for people that actually have & play with friends.

IronWolfV #14 Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

View PostZergling, on 17 January 2018 - 05:49 PM, said:

Taking a look at your stats, it appears you simply aren't doing enough kills or damage in most of your planes; it looks like the only one you are actually doing well in is the Spitfire Ia, but that only has a 2 battle sample so it is hard to tell.

Further look shows you have a lot of sorties per battle, which indicates you are dying frequently. At the same time, your damage and kills scored per sortie is quite low.

So I think it is fair to say you are losing battles because you aren't scoring effectively. I recommend that you stop playing Tier 5/6 premiums and instead start at Tier 1, grind your way up to Tier 5/6 normally before playing that Tier again.

Lower tiers will hopefully teach you the basics of the game better than jumping right into the mid-tiers.

only reason I am dying so fast isn't lack of game knowledge. Got enough of that. I just am a bit too aggressive. And for most of my tier 5 planes, just trying to grind out credits.

Buy in any WG title I usually hate anything tier 4 and below. Mid tiers is usually where you really start learning any WG title as I've seen. Lower tiers really don't teach crap. Through them too fast and the game usually goes into a higher gear.

Best place to learn is tier 5.

Dru83 #15 Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3650 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
They key to winning conquest, especially if you've mostly got bots on your team is to attack where the enemy isn't. Don't continue to attack the same center point over and over again with one or two teammates. Instead, try to flip the empty sectors. A few planes can cap an area that only has defense planes, but if there's a lot of enemy in the cap as well as defense planes, forget about it. With conquest, you have to attack hard as soon as possible. The farther you get into the game, the harder it is to regain the lead. Once the influence meter gets to a certain point, the only way to win is to get superiority or kill all the enemy planes and both of those are pretty hard to achieve. You just have to try to get 2/3s of the caps right from the start and then don't give them back. Tier 5 is where things start getting a lot more complicated, you're better off learning in Tier 4. It's high enough that there's a bigger variety of plane types, but low enough that dumb errors won't kill you as fast. And from looking at your profile, I'm kind of surprised to see that you have barely any non-premium planes. Get away from the premiums and work your way through some of the standard plane lines. The only standard plane you have at tier 5 is the 190, and that's one of the toughest planes to fly and to learn on. Try working your way down the Spitfire line, since you seem to have some success with the Spit 1a. They're pretty balanced planes and work decently at both turn and burn and boom and zoom playstyles.

General_Lee_Miserable #16 Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 320 battles

View PostPerco_lator, on 17 January 2018 - 11:49 PM, said:

Or for people that actually have & play with friends.

Oh, Hi Gouidy..

Not posting from your main these days, huh? Hmmm. I wonder why. That's besides the point.

I don't get the point you are trying to make. What's so fun about flighting up and farming easy wins for WR against bots? Yeah, it's fun in tanks and legit, because you are going against all humans and other platoons. But, this game? I wish they'd remove the ability altogether until the human population increases, and only allow it if there is a flight on the opposing team. Otherwise, it's kind of a joke. 

About the friends thing.... yeah.. my friends make fun of me for getting so in depth in this video gaming thing. I don't make online friends. I like to have a clean line between fantasy and reality. Getting out of the house and having physical interaction with real people is a very healthy thing. 

IronWolfV #17 Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:41 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

View PostDru83, on 17 January 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

They key to winning conquest, especially if you've mostly got bots on your team is to attack where the enemy isn't. Don't continue to attack the same center point over and over again with one or two teammates. Instead, try to flip the empty sectors. A few planes can cap an area that only has defense planes, but if there's a lot of enemy in the cap as well as defense planes, forget about it. With conquest, you have to attack hard as soon as possible. The farther you get into the game, the harder it is to regain the lead. Once the influence meter gets to a certain point, the only way to win is to get superiority or kill all the enemy planes and both of those are pretty hard to achieve. You just have to try to get 2/3s of the caps right from the start and then don't give them back. Tier 5 is where things start getting a lot more complicated, you're better off learning in Tier 4. It's high enough that there's a bigger variety of plane types, but low enough that dumb errors won't kill you as fast. And from looking at your profile, I'm kind of surprised to see that you have barely any non-premium planes. Get away from the premiums and work your way through some of the standard plane lines. The only standard plane you have at tier 5 is the 190, and that's one of the toughest planes to fly and to learn on. Try working your way down the Spitfire line, since you seem to have some success with the Spit 1a. They're pretty balanced planes and work decently at both turn and burn and boom and zoom playstyles.

Trying to build up a credit reserve first. About as hard to get credits as tanks if not harder.

Though since I am doing ok with the premium spit, might work my way up that.

Though getting some more tier 4s might not be so bad.

Reason I have so many premiums, lots of free give aways and I jumped on them.

Edited by IronWolfV, 18 January 2018 - 01:44 AM.

vcharng #18 Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:43 AM

• 3878 battles

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on 18 January 2018 - 01:02 AM, said:

Oh, Hi Gouidy..

Not posting from your main these days, huh? Hmmm. I wonder why. That's besides the point.

I don't get the point you are trying to make. What's so fun about flighting up and farming easy wins for WR against bots? Yeah, it's fun in tanks and legit, because you are going against all humans and other platoons. But, this game? I wish they'd remove the ability altogether until the human population increases, and only allow it if there is a flight on the opposing team. Otherwise, it's kind of a joke. 

About the friends thing.... yeah.. my friends make fun of me for getting so in depth in this video gaming thing. I don't make online friends. I like to have a clean line between fantasy and reality. Getting out of the house and having physical interaction with real people is a very healthy thing. 

I'm somewhat hesitant to suggest removing flights altogether as playing with your friend is really crucial for some players.

However, I do agree that currently the function serves as nothing other than a tool to create unfair matchmaking.

So yeah, I would suggest the same as someone above: Don't care about WR at all.

you won't have a better WR than a player with a 15 skill point pilot, you also won't outperform those using premium ammo and flights to create almost absolute winning.

With the current player base you're still not something worth recognizing even if you happen to be the best player there is. (I mean, being the best in 100K players is quite something, but the best in about 500?)

vcharng #19 Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:45 AM

• 3878 battles

View PostIronWolfV, on 18 January 2018 - 01:41 AM, said:

Trying to build up a credit reserve first. About as hard to get credits as tanks if not harder.

Though since I am doing ok with the premium spit, might work my way up that.

I can see that you never played in 2.0, so please allow me to inform you:

in 2.0 we are practically printing cash. I can earn 100K credit in an average T10 game. with just about 1500 games I now have around 60M credits at the moment.

mnbv_fockewulfe #20 Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:48 AM

Captain

• 616 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postvcharng, on 18 January 2018 - 01:43 AM, said:

I'm somewhat hesitant to suggest removing flights altogether as playing with your friend is really crucial for some players.

However, I do agree that currently the function serves as nothing other than a tool to create unfair matchmaking.

So yeah, I would suggest the same as someone above: Don't care about WR at all.

you won't have a better WR than a player with a 15 skill point pilot, you also won't outperform those using premium ammo and flights to create almost absolute winning.

With the current player base you're still not something worth recognizing even if you happen to be the best player there is. (I mean, being the best in 100K players is quite something, but the best in about 500?)

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on 18 January 2018 - 01:02 AM, said:

Oh, Hi Gouidy..

:sceptic:

Are flights really that much of a problem?

Really?

They are not being exploited right now by anyone.

All the "exploiters" left.

The only ones left flighting up are new guys and you're seriously telling me that these new guys are creating too much of a problem?

I think I need my reading comprehension skills checked.:ohmy:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users