• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Goat_mesiah #1 Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:10 AM

Senior Airman

• 2040 battles

View PostBertiux, on 11 January 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

Pilots, 

We have released the update 2.0.3 as announced in the support page: https://eu.wargaming...support/news/46

Please read on to find out the content of this update:

The "Skies of Albion" event is over. All loot crates earned in battles and purchased with tokens have been opened automatically and their contents have been transferred to player accounts. All players who received operation orders will be able to complete their missions within the next 24 hours. 

Aircraft

Dornier Do 17 Z, Junkers Ju 88 A, Dornier Do 217 M, Hawker Hurricane I, Hawker Hurricane II, Hawker Tornado aircraft now can be researched. The branch of German medium bombers starts after Focke-Wulf Fw 57, while the branch of British multirole fighters starts after Blackburn Skua.

Bristol Blenheim Mk.IV (early mod.), Douglas A-26B, and Myasishchev RB-17 bombers can no longer be purchased with tokens. With the release of this update, they become Premium aircraft and will be available for purchase with gold.  

Maps and Graphics

"Adriatic" and "Arctic" maps have been visually improved.

Adriatic:

• Added glaciers in the southeast corner around the refinery.
  • Added swimming whales in various places in the water.
  • Reworked the salt lake area, changed the shape of lakes and also reworked how steam is displayed.
  • Added villages in the eastern part of the map.
  • Added a forest near the military base.

Arctic:

• Improved the level of detail in the coastal area. Added underwater reefs.
  • Reworked the clouds to add a picturesque touch to the map.
  • Added additional objects in the mountains surrounding the Mining Plant.

Improvements and Bug Fixes

• Fixed a critical error of the game client caused by launching the game with an invalid preferences.xml file.  
  • Added an option to clear the embedded browser cache when the “Launch the game and clear its cached data“ option in Wargaming.net Game Center is selected.   
  • Fixed an error causing the pop-up windows with aircraft characteristics not to appear on the aircraft carousel during the respawn waiting time.  
  • Fixed an error that caused the critical damage taken by the previous aircraft that has been destroyed to be displayed on the module scheme of the new aircraft chosen after the respawn.

Get Airborne!

Bugs are not fixed, client is still instable.

Is there going to be a fix for the memory leak in the game client soon?

The_Chiv #2 Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:29 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2975 battles
  • [-BAD] -BAD
notice the lack of dev response. We submit tickets and post and yet nothing... The sad reality is they won't respond because when they do they act as if we are being babies or asking for free crap. No, we want a game that doesn't crash every hour and one where you can hold a solid 60fps. Fact is while 2.0 is a great concept it was not tested properly and had some pretty big core level problems with it and rather than fixing those they threw more maps and planes to it. Cause why fix a broken car when you can give it new rims right? 

MelBrooks #3 Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 11 battles
Man, nothing has changed. I was hoping WG would get their act together with this title. How long will it take for them to be honest and admit the title’s lack of player base is not due to a lack of interest but simply standing in front of the mirror?

Colddawg #4 Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1698 battles
The hit detection and FPS loss issues are resolved for the most part, even though I'll get desync after about an hour and a half.  That is a major bug fix.  I'm seeing a few less crashes so it's progressing.  You can really expect everything to be fixed in 1 patch, just as long as it's not 3+ months to fix a major bug like the WoT "unable to go into battle if you accept a bad platoon invite" bug that's been there for 2+ years.

Keep your head on the swivel.

DrSinister #5 Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:38 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 106 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

If you saw how their coding is in their xml files, you will understand why bugs happen in this game.  They leave old code in many of the game files that are not even being used anymore by the client.  I am kinda scared to uncompile the python files and look and see how those look.

Memory leaks have been around since Closed Beta days.  They seem to fix it but then something else causes the leak.  It an ongoing issue with this title.

But yes, some bug gets fixed right away while others do take time.  But there has been in the past that I have fixed some of their graphical bugs that is in a line of code in the xml, submitted it telling them what file its, where that file is located and what line of code that needs to be fixed and then get a non robo response from the support team at what a great job finding the error in the code but then it takes WG 4 months to finally update the line of code.  But nowadays they seem to be under a different direction and maybe getting better at getting some of these things taken care of in a timely manner.  Only time will tell.

I do got to say though that the non robo response I get are from WGNA but they do not fix the code.  All they can do is forward it to the Development Office which is WGRU and then they deal with it.

Catch21 #6 Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2631 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

I noticed problems in their xml files also, but figured they were grappling with enough issues already to bother to notify them.

And a lot that folks seemed to find useful is missing from the 1.9->2.0 transition (e.g. UI info). So much so, I was beginning to wonder whether whoever is (left) on dev didn't throw their hands up in despair and just port what was deemed useable/decipherable/absolutely critical to get 2.0 airborne (again) in some form or fashion, though what type of bird is in the air at present is hard to tell.

BishopOfBattles #7 Posted 28 January 2018 - 12:56 PM

Airman Basic

• 15 battles
  • [DGW] DGW
the problem is just that they don't care and are a bunch of idiots that couldn't hold a job at mcdonalds, they'll take your money and say thank you and thats all, at least a hooker kisses me before she f*cks me, its jan 28, 2018 and im still stuck at the loading screen watching the friggin thing spin away not being able to do anything else, so it just proves they don't care so why should I give this company one more penny of my money, I feel that if all the players form all 3 of their games say enough is enough and stop spending cash, lets see how long it is before they start asking for money or putting put stuff trying to get people to buy and we just give them the *BIRD* just like they giving us, I say its time, watch them go broke in a matter of a  few days to a week, when a month goes buy with no pay lets see how happy they are, will I care, ill care just as much as they show they care about me and not being able to log in.

Also tagged with 2.0.3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users