Jump to content


You killed the Lower & Middle Russian tier iL's (Tier- 2-3-4-5-6-7 )

Flys too slow on big maps

  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

cobra_marksman #1 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:20 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7555 battles
  • 463
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-28-2014
You might of just killed the lower tier Russian Ga's. The planes are way too slow for the big maps to get around in. We spend more then more the half of the time, just trying to reach the targets. Then when we finally get to the base, we have to try to stay alive from the OP bots that you have put their defending it..  My Russian tier 2 has no bombs, fly's like a whale, & is as slow as a turtle. I flew it over a dozen of times since 2.0 been released, not even a single win in it. Can't seem to get to the battle in time, & when finally make it ..... i  can only do a little damage with out bombs before being shot out of the sky by the over powering defending bots. No need to go on with the list, your lower & middle Ga tiers are all flawed now & are just frustrating to fly. Going to be removing the exp. crew from them all &  try to find another set Russian planes to put them in. Now the Upper tier 8-9-10 still have the speed & punch to at least contribute something to the battle, but once again, your OP defending bots seem to make them pay a serious price for coming in & trying to turn or cap a base.  ​ Anyway  theirs my 2 cents on you Lower & Middle Russian Ga's. A plane that i use to fly & enjoy flying, Now being Mothballed  & stripped of her crew. ​  Ty Wowp for killing another fine line of planes that we use to love flying.

Edited by cobra_marksman, 16 January 2018 - 10:36 PM.


pyantoryng #2 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:25 PM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2175 battles
  • 8,444
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

IL-10 still works good...so is the LBSh with 60sec FAB-100 reload.

 

The defense bot and low alt AA are definitely cheating though. One gun evaporates your health much faster than that Adriatic deathtrap.


Edited by pyantoryng, 16 January 2018 - 06:25 PM.


WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

LMG #3 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:48 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2436 battles
  • 1,986
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

With the Tsh-2 you might want to get a couple of air kills to capture a sector. It's not quick or flashy, but it gets the job done, and it turns very well all things considered. I haven't flown the Tsh-3 in 2.0, but I did use the German tier 3 GAA, and it could handle it's own with a lot less gun DPS and no tailgun. I've actually got a couple of Thunders on my Bsh-2 :medal:; the FAB-100 at that tier are scary once you figure out the damage, and it can still put up a fight with the 23s if given the chance. I haven't tried out the IL-2 either, but if I can do well on the IL-2 (mod.), the superior version should have no problems either. The IL-2 (t) is still my favorite GAA: decent rockets, FAB-250s blow everything they touch, you get a tailgun again, and the 37s work like a dream :great:. My only gripe is that it can end up in the 3-sector maps that I hate so much :(. The IL-8 is more of the same, but even better; I run it with the six FAB-100s for versatility and higher potential damage. The IL-10 is the most iffy one imo; it handles well and the ordnance works, but I don't feel like the guns really cut it for the job. It's not bad, but I don't feel like get to I use the plane's advantages as much as I'd like :sceptic:

All in all, I've found that they're all still a force to be reckoned with. It even surprised me to find out that the Bsh-2 is actually faster than the Fw 189 C :amazed:


Edited by LMG, 16 January 2018 - 06:49 PM.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Lucky_Breeze #4 Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:57 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 9032 battles
  • 218
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    03-07-2014

The russian Ga are better than there stupid German bombers. Whats the use of being in a bomber if the HF and the Fighters can go as high as the bomber and shred the crapout of them. 3000-3500m didn't know the fighters and HF can go that high in tier 4,5,6.  This game is [edited]to say the least.

 



StoptheViolins #5 Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:48 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2181 battles
  • 1,234
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
The TS-2 is on big slow death cannon.  Add the sight upgrade, run universal ammo, and don't be afraid to kill air targets.

Use boost between zones.  Running on the orange is ok. Use to switch to aft gunner to do more damage to chasing planes.  Use a and to zig zag.

Seraphil #6 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:05 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1037 battles
  • 65
  • Member since:
    01-10-2013

*opens mouth to speak*

*sees topic creator's username*

*closes mouth and leaves*


ムリ( ' x ' )ダナ

FluffyPabu #7 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:49 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5980 battles
  • 470
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    07-19-2012

Anybody calls these GAs like i do?

TSh2 = The Sh*t two
BSh2 = BullSh*t two

:trollface:



legoboy0401 #8 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:59 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1778 battles
  • 1,773
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View Postpoisonousblood, on 16 January 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

Anybody calls these GAs like i do?

TSh2 = The Sh*t two
BSh2 = BullSh*t two

:trollface:

 

Hey, cut it out with the language. Regardless, those two sure are terrible, aren't they?

 

I haven't played the BSh-2 yet, but I have played the TSh-2, and it's really bad against ground targets unless you are really skilled and using Universal ammo on those 8 7.62s, and it's really good against planes always.

 

The TSh-3, though, does not deserve such an insult. It is mind-bogglingly slow, but it's REALLY good. Load up Universal ammo, and watch every ground target burn to the ground. You almost don't need those bombs in the TSh-3, except for in EXTREMELY heavily armored zones, like Mining Plants.


An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

 

#Failureisalwaysanoption

 

#Givingupneveris


FluffyPabu #9 Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:30 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5980 battles
  • 470
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    07-19-2012

View Postlegoboy0401, on 16 January 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

 

Hey, cut it out with the language. Regardless, those two sure are terrible, aren't they?

 

I haven't played the BSh-2 yet, but I have played the TSh-2, and it's really bad against ground targets unless you are really skilled and using Universal ammo on those 8 7.62s, and it's really good against planes always.

 

The TSh-3, though, does not deserve such an insult. It is mind-bogglingly slow, but it's REALLY good. Load up Universal ammo, and watch every ground target burn to the ground. You almost don't need those bombs in the TSh-3, except for in EXTREMELY heavily armored zones, like Mining Plants.

 

all the GAs under tier 7 are bad.

legoboy0401 #10 Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:46 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1778 battles
  • 1,773
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View Postpoisonousblood, on 16 January 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

 

all the GAs under tier 7 are bad.

 

NO. You know what is bad? The Breda Metallico. It's not the WORST plane, but it's firepower is as bad for Tier III as the F-86 Sabre's is for Tier X.

 

Also, if you don't believe the TSh-3 can be epic in the hands of a highly-skilled player, you haven't seen anything yet. A good player in a fully-upgraded TSh-3 with equipment and a pilot with a few crew skills DOMINATES. He(talking about your average experienced player) can carry EASILY in a TSh-3.

 

I know. I've seen more than a few TSh-3s driven by pros top the scoreboard.


Edited by legoboy0401, 16 January 2018 - 10:47 PM.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

 

#Failureisalwaysanoption

 

#Givingupneveris


vcharng #11 Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:22 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3900 battles
  • 878
  • Member since:
    10-25-2017

If you want speed, go fly German GAAs, esp. T7 and above.

What bothers me the most is when most or all of the bot GAAs on your team are Soviets and are one tier lower, and you got a mountain map.

You'll see those Soviet GAAs circling around and unable to get across the mountain. This is what their altitude performance cost them.



vcharng #12 Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:25 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3900 battles
  • 878
  • Member since:
    10-25-2017

View PostLucky_Breeze, on 16 January 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

The russian Ga are better than there stupid German bombers. Whats the use of being in a bomber if the HF and the Fighters can go as high as the bomber and shred the crapout of them. 3000-3500m didn't know the fighters and HF can go that high in tier 4,5,6.  This game is [edited]to say the least.

 

 

What's the use of being in a HF if they can't even reach the bombers?

I fly my German bombers at the edge of red altitude, and I was left unbothered 90% of the time. They simply don't want to waste the time to climb all the way up here, just to go down 30 seconds later.

The only occasion I was unable to survive recently is when my Do 17 Z met a bot P-38F, which is a bomber with tier 3.5 altitude meeting a HF with tier 5.5 altitude performance.



LMG #13 Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:25 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2436 battles
  • 1,986
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postlegoboy0401, on 16 January 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

Hey, cut it out with the language. Regardless, those two sure are terrible, aren't they?

 

I haven't played the BSh-2 yet, but I have played the TSh-2, and it's really bad against ground targets unless you are really skilled and using Universal ammo on those 8 7.62s, and it's really good against planes always.

 

The TSh-3, though, does not deserve such an insult. It is mind-bogglingly slow, but it's REALLY good. Load up Universal ammo, and watch every ground target burn to the ground. You almost don't need those bombs in the TSh-3, except for in EXTREMELY heavily armored zones, like Mining Plants.

 

Tsh-2 has 10 machine guns; 8 on the wings, 2 on the nose. Personally I didn't bother with Universal Ammo, on 10 machine guns the cost for it goes up really fast, and it doesn't increase the damage unless I light something on fire. It rips appart soft targets, but does struggle with anything armored. That said, at the tier it can simply shoot down an air defense aircraft to finish flipping a sector. Either that or mop up whatever the Bot Pegasus leave behind :bajan:. In any case, it's the first GAA on the line, and it's tier II, I don't expect it to perform like an IL-20 either


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

legoboy0401 #14 Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:48 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1778 battles
  • 1,773
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View PostLMG, on 16 January 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

 

Tsh-2 has 10 machine guns; 8 on the wings, 2 on the nose. Personally I didn't bother with Universal Ammo, on 10 machine guns the cost for it goes up really fast, and it doesn't increase the damage unless I light something on fire. It rips appart soft targets, but does struggle with anything armored. That said, at the tier it can simply shoot down an air defense aircraft to finish flipping a sector. Either that or mop up whatever the Bot Pegasus leave behind :bajan:. In any case, it's the first GAA on the line, and it's tier II, I don't expect it to perform like an IL-20 either

 

My mistake. Anyway, why do people consider the IL-2(t) and the IL-8 garbage? They aren't. They are perfectly good.


Edited by legoboy0401, 17 January 2018 - 01:01 AM.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

 

#Failureisalwaysanoption

 

#Givingupneveris


LMG #15 Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:10 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2436 battles
  • 1,986
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postlegoboy0401, on 16 January 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

My mistake. Anyway, why do people consider the IL-2(t) and the IL-8 garbage? They aren't. They are perfectly good.

 

I've never heard complains about the IL-2 (t) (not to be confused with the premium IL-2 (mod.), which does have the weak weaponry of the tier 5 IL-2), but in the case of the IL-8 people prefer the IL-10. I've flown both, and I don't really feel the IL-10. It can do some fancy turns, but most stuff that gets on your tail will still out-turn and out-run you, except for a select few heavies and most GAAs (in the case of the German GAAs they can just run away while you're turning around). Aside of that, you lose on the range and burst damage of the 45s, which means more AA coming your way. It's certainly not the worst GAA ever, the ordnance alone still holds up, but to me the IL-8 does the job better


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SpiritFoxMY #16 Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:38 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4924 battles
  • 2,746
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012
I thought the BSh2 was going to be terrible but to my delight it wasn't. Just a slower, more maneuverable, more heavily armored Eule without a rear gun. It caps fine and can shred LFs that stupidly ignore that GAA nearby because they're freakin' LFs and what is that Attacker gonna do? Ram him?

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 17 January 2018 - 01:39 AM.

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


vcharng #17 Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:00 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3900 battles
  • 878
  • Member since:
    10-25-2017

View Postlegoboy0401, on 17 January 2018 - 12:48 AM, said:

 

My mistake. Anyway, why do people consider the IL-2(t) and the IL-8 garbage? They aren't. They are perfectly good.

 

Due to the fact that I was never defeated by a IL-8 in my 265, I doubt how good it is although I never flew one.

Soviet GAs have good outboard weapon, but slow speed and poor altitude performance (forcing you to go around mountains when Germans can fly over them), and relying on outboard weapons means you're nothing when they are reloading.

Generally the Soviets have better firepower against armored targets, which is a serious advantage indeed, but their mobility and the nature of outboard weapons limit their tactical flexibility.



LMG #18 Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:12 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2436 battles
  • 1,986
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postvcharng, on 16 January 2018 - 09:00 PM, said:

Due to the fact that I was never defeated by a IL-8 in my 265, I doubt how good it is although I never flew one.

Soviet GAs have good outboard weapon, but slow speed and poor altitude performance (forcing you to go around mountains when Germans can fly over them), and relying on outboard weapons means you're nothing when they are reloading.

Generally the Soviets have better firepower against armored targets, which is a serious advantage indeed, but their mobility and the nature of outboard weapons limit their tactical flexibility.

 

In the case of the IL-8 it can carry more ordnance than usual, at 6 FAB-100 bombs + the rockets (two FAB-100 deal slightly more damage than one FAB-250 in a smaller area). On top of that, its twin 45mm cannons really put a dent on anything they hit, so it's not out of the game once you run out of ordnance. I actually had a Me 265 joust with me a couple of times, failing every single time. He got a bit salty about it too, couldn't believe that my two cannons outdid his four + the machine guns. However, in a proper dogfight the IL-8 doesn't really stand a chance vs German GAAs outside of a bombkill, but that's a rule of thumb for almost the whole line anyways. But at killing ground targets I feel it's unchallenged in-tier :playing:

 

I've also found the slower speed useful at times to keep fast enemies off my tail, especially Air Defense Aircraft. Move too fast and they'll sit on your tail; move slow and they'll overshoot after a quick burst. Aside of that, at tier 7 all GAAs can deal with climbing mountains decently enough


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

vcharng #19 Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:25 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3900 battles
  • 878
  • Member since:
    10-25-2017

View PostLMG, on 17 January 2018 - 02:12 AM, said:

 

In the case of the IL-8 it can carry more ordnance than usual, at 6 FAB-100 bombs + the rockets (two FAB-100 deal slightly more damage than one FAB-250 in a smaller area). On top of that, its twin 45mm cannons really put a dent on anything they hit, so it's not out of the game once you run out of ordnance. I actually had a Me 265 joust with me a couple of times, failing every single time. He got a bit salty about it too, couldn't believe that my two cannons outdid his four + the machine guns. However, in a proper dogfight the IL-8 doesn't really stand a chance vs German GAAs outside of a bombkill, but that's a rule of thumb for almost the whole line anyways. But at killing ground targets I feel it's unchallenged in-tier :playing:

 

I've also found the slower speed useful at times to keep fast enemies off my tail, especially Air Defense Aircraft. Move too fast and they'll sit on your tail; move slow and they'll overshoot after a quick burst. Aside of that, at tier 7 all GAAs can deal with climbing mountains decently enough

 

I also found out there are few 265 pilots who really gets a hang of how to fly it. They are either too focused on hitting the ground, or the opposite. You need to know when and where to switch to anti-ADA mode, and when to switch back.

If you need to slow down to let the ADA overshoot you, just press and hold S. you don't really need to get to stall speed for that. And if I haven't mistaken, both fully upgraded IL-8 and IL-10 are slower than a stock 265, which will be a serious tactical issue when fighting over a bigger map, just like what the OP is complaining about.

 

On my earlier days in my 265 I did have some ILs killing me with their rockets/bombs. They paid a hefty price for expanding their ordnance on something other than a ground target though.



LMG #20 Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:30 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2436 battles
  • 1,986
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postvcharng, on 16 January 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

I also found out there are few 265 pilots who really gets a hang of how to fly it. They are either too focused on hitting the ground, or the opposite. You need to know when and where to switch to anti-ADA mode, and when to switch back.

If you need to slow down to let the ADA overshoot you, just press and hold S. you don't really need to get to stall speed for that. And if I haven't mistaken, both fully upgraded IL-8 and IL-10 are slower than a stock 265, which will be a serious tactical issue when fighting over a bigger map, just like what the OP is complaining about.

 

On my earlier days in my 265 I did have some ILs killing me with their rockets/bombs. They paid a hefty price for expanding their ordnance on something other than a ground target though.

 

I am aware of the Me 265's speed advantage. I have an Me 329 of my own, but I kept the 265 on the hangar as well


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users