Ramming needs fixing

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

vcharng #81 Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:15 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3961 battles

View PostCapt_Fugly, on 18 January 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

Again, you didn't read my post explaining my suggestion, did you? I addressed the current problem with heavies being bait for lighter planes because they're too slow and don't have enough boost time, which means if they don't kill on their first pass they're on their way to the hangar because they can't escape like they ought to. Heavies don't NEED ramming; (personally) I think dedicated heavy pilots just like having an "i win" button which is seriously destroying the enjoyment in the game. I actually LIKE the new conquest pve mode, but it's really off-putting when you're outflying another player or bot and just before you make a kill some bastard in heavy comes screaming out of the sky, smashes though you like you're made of tinfoil and brown paper and continues on his merry way with barely a scratch on the paint. And you said it yourself: duck the charge, immelman and you're on their tail, if you time the duck right. Max heavies like they ought to be, Ford Muscle cars (great in a straight line ;) ) and the current "I'm in a heavy, I have to ram this guy" becomes a non-issue because you can get out of his gun-range in a couple seconds, instead of the (roughly) 30 seconds it seems to take at the moment.

It doesn't matter if I read your explanation or not, it's not worth reading anyway.

You're just being salty because you get rammed, you don't know that the ramming mechanism, whether used or not, is very important for heavier and more sluggish planes.

Ramming forces every non-heavy plane to evade when a heavy charges the furball, instead of trying to shoot it down in what is supposed to be the heavy's strongest moment.

With this removed the only advantage of a heavy will utterly disappear.

Heavies have a I win button? NO. It is common sense that heavies, including those considered most OP like the 110B and 410, are underpowered at the moment. If you have a problem dealing with them in your LF, it's simply your problem.

Capt_Fugly #82 Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:17 AM

Senior Airman

• 1072 battles

View Postvcharng, on 18 January 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

However, we have lights who doubles as GAs (Skua, classified as dive bomber IRL), heavies who are closer to lights (P-38), GAs who doubles as lights (Me 265) bombers who doubles as heavies (A-26), and heavies converted from bombers (Blenheim F, Beaufighter and Mosquito).

According to you, when a Blenheim F rams a Blenheim IV, the Tier 3 Blen 4 will win and the tier 4 Blen F will lose.

And since the US and Japanese carrier-based attackers would probably be classified as GAs, you are telling me that a Beaufighter will lose when ramming a TBD-1, which is about half its weight (11500 kg vs 4600 kg MTOW).

It's a lot more complicated than you think, and no, ramming should NOT be avoided by all players, it is a legitimate way of playing this game, and the game needs it to protect the interests of BnZ planes.

Are you even reading what I write? A blenheim vs blenheim, irrespective if ones a bomber and ones a fighter, would cause both to take a 75% hit off their max health; assuming they were both at full health, both would survive it. I'm not trying to say i'm covering every issue. there's bound to be planes that I don't know about (skua, as example)  i was just putting up a suggestion and saying "I think this could be better than what we currently have now that 2.0 has dropped; what do people think?" I didn't expect the be shouted down, called a noob and told "no, that won't work" when people aren't even reading my suggestion :/

Capt_Fugly #83 Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:23 AM

Senior Airman

• 1072 battles

View Postvcharng, on 18 January 2018 - 11:15 AM, said:

It doesn't matter if I read your explanation or not, it's not worth reading anyway.

You're just being salty because you get rammed, you don't know that the ramming mechanism, whether used or not, is very important for heavier and more sluggish planes.

Ramming forces every non-heavy plane to evade when a heavy charges the furball, instead of trying to shoot it down in what is supposed to be the heavy's strongest moment.

With this removed the only advantage of a heavy will utterly disappear.

Heavies have a I win button? NO. It is common sense that heavies, including those considered most OP like the 110B and 410, are underpowered at the moment. If you have a problem dealing with them in your LF, it's simply your problem.

ROFLMAO, "it doesn't matter..." Why the [edited]bother replying then? How do you know what's worth reading if you're too ignorant to read it in the first place. And Salty? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black; you're just afraid you might have to fight on an even footing. Go back to playing with your one trick pony: leave the conversations to the adults mate.

theoriginalflanksta #84 Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:37 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1333 battles
  • [THRET] THRET

Actually I can see one easy simple fix for this problem that will stop it all together.

Make it so that when a plane hits another plane,... nothing happens... they just pass right through each other. No more ramming problem.

pyantoryng #85 Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:42 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2235 battles

View Posttheoriginalflanksta, on 18 January 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

Actually I can see one easy simple fix for this problem that will stop it all together.

Make it so that when a plane hits another plane,... nothing happens... they just pass right through each other. No more ramming problem.

Gobulev Farming Time...:trollface:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

vcharng #86 Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:42 AM

• 3961 battles

View PostCapt_Fugly, on 18 January 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

Are you even reading what I write? A blenheim vs blenheim, irrespective if ones a bomber and ones a fighter, would cause both to take a 75% hit off their max health; assuming they were both at full health, both would survive it. I'm not trying to say i'm covering every issue. there's bound to be planes that I don't know about (skua, as example)  i was just putting up a suggestion and saying "I think this could be better than what we currently have now that 2.0 has dropped; what do people think?" I didn't expect the be shouted down, called a noob and told "no, that won't work" when people aren't even reading my suggestion :/

Do you even fly a Blenheim IV? It operates at minimum repair health as the AA guns will take out the rest.

Edit: in case if you can't understand, it means yes, the problem I stated was wrong (I thought you said ground class wins against heavy), but now there's another problem: HFs no longer have to shoot bombers, just ram them. If that's the case, what's the point of guns?

View PostCapt_Fugly, on 18 January 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

ROFLMAO, "it doesn't matter..." Why the [edited]bother replying then? How do you know what's worth reading if you're too ignorant to read it in the first place. And Salty? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black; you're just afraid you might have to fight on an even footing. Go back to playing with your one trick pony: leave the conversations to the adults mate.

Because someone has to make you shut up and/or uninstall WOWP.

HF is already underpowered and LF overpowered, and you are trying to make it worse.

If you feel that you can't win against a BnZ plane, it's your problem. You can choose to learn (which is very, very easy) or to leave.

Edited by vcharng, 18 January 2018 - 11:45 AM.

WolfWiz #87 Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8766 battles
Why does anyone even post about issues... Not like WG will ever fix any of them... Face Palm!

WG says "We give you pretty scenery during the holidays... Quit complaining the game is junk and full of Bugs its only been 2 years...."

trikke #88 Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:04 PM

Captain

• 3807 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCapt_Fugly, on 18 January 2018 - 06:23 AM, said:

'it doesn't matter' is correct 

russians love to ram, and it's a russian game, so...   

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

mullyman #89 Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 36 battles
"salty" must be the favorite word for this ADD generation...
mullyman.png

pyantoryng #90 Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:14 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2235 battles

View Postmullyman, on 18 January 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

It's a word that describe said generation...although I sometimes wonder if I belong in that same generation... Oh well!

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

vcharng #91 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:32 PM

• 3961 battles

View Postmullyman, on 18 January 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

Uhh, sorry, did that offend you?

I'm not a native speaker of English and I learnt that word from some very different game communities like that of Kantai Collection. Thus, I was never given the chance to understand things like its source or appropriateness in different communities.

And since there's no dictionary (or are user-edited and thus less accurate) for those newly forged words or old words given new meaning, it is entirely possible that I misuse these words.

pyantoryng #92 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:40 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2235 battles

View Postvcharng, on 18 January 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

Uhh, sorry, did that offend you?

I'm not a native speaker of English and I learnt that word from some very different game communities like that of Kantai Collection. Thus, I was never given the chance to understand things like its source or appropriateness in different communities.

And since there's no dictionary (or are user-edited and thus less accurate) for those newly forged words or old words given new meaning, it is entirely possible that I misuse these words.

It's widespread in WoWS too.

Vradin #93 Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8826 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 17 January 2018 - 01:05 AM, said:

This thread...:facepalm:

....calls for moar rams !!!

LMG #94 Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View PostVradin, on 18 January 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

....calls for moar rams !!!

Did someone catch the username of that IL-20? :trollface:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Capt_Fugly #95 Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:13 AM

Senior Airman

• 1072 battles

View Postvcharng, on 18 January 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

Do you even fly a Blenheim IV? It operates at minimum repair health as the AA guns will take out the rest.

Edit: in case if you can't understand, it means yes, the problem I stated was wrong (I thought you said ground class wins against heavy), but now there's another problem: HFs no longer have to shoot bombers, just ram them. If that's the case, what's the point of guns?

Because someone has to make you shut up and/or uninstall WOWP.

HF is already underpowered and LF overpowered, and you are trying to make it worse.

If you feel that you can't win against a BnZ plane, it's your problem. You can choose to learn (which is very, very easy) or to leave.

If you're running at minimum health you're obviously flying it wrong. I fly a bf110 as part of my roster, and the only time AA is a problem is if I try and take part in a turning fight over a base, which is NOT what they're for. I'm also not trying to overpower or underpower anything: if you'd bothered to actually READ what I wrote instead of mouthing off like a retarded pinhead on crack you'd have seen that.

So, we've established that, not only are you arrogant, ignorant, opinionated without having a clue and mouthy to boot, but you also have NO idea what you're talking about in the first place, and then you double-down on your stupidity. Then there's this little gem:

"Because someone has to make you shut up and/or uninstall WOWP."

Such a friendly and useful member of this gaming community you are. Newsflash snowflake: opinions other than yours are a fact of life. If you can't handle them (and from your posts it appears you simple can't deal with anyone disagreeing with you without foaming at the mouth and screaming incoherently), I suggest you stop going on the internet. Would do wonders for those unlucky enough to have to put up with you.

Of course, you could just go play on the highway. Pretty sure your parents would thank you. -_- ..|.

Edited by Capt_Fugly, 19 January 2018 - 04:16 AM.

legoboy0401 #96 Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1880 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostCapt_Fugly, on 18 January 2018 - 08:13 PM, said:

If you're running at minimum health you're obviously flying it wrong. I fly a bf110 as part of my roster, and the only time AA is a problem is if I try and take part in a turning fight over a base, which is NOT what they're for. I'm also not trying to overpower or underpower anything: if you'd bothered to actually READ what I wrote instead of mouthing off like a retarded pinhead on crack you'd have seen that.

So, we've established that, not only are you arrogant, ignorant, opinionated without having a clue and mouthy to boot, but you also have NO idea what you're talking about in the first place, and then you double-down on your stupidity. Then there's this little gem:

"Because someone has to make you shut up and/or uninstall WOWP."

Such a friendly and useful member of this gaming community you are. Newsflash snowflake: opinions other than yours are a fact of life. If you can't handle them (and from your posts it appears you simple can't deal with anyone disagreeing with you without foaming at the mouth and screaming incoherently), I suggest you stop going on the internet. Would do wonders for those unlucky enough to have to put up with you.

Of course, you could just go play on the highway. Pretty sure your parents would thank you. -_- ..|.

Heck, he's right though. All bombers except an occasional RB-17(the only bomber that can climb up into and stay within 100 meters of their altitude ceiling to effectively avoid Flak altogether) are running on about minimum health at the end of a typical battle, assuming they don't repair or repair is not available(I know I certainly never repair in my German Bombers, as it takes me too long just to make it over to the Airfield, let alone to get down to the minimum altitude for repair) and they haven't died even once(it's not uncommon). High-altitude AA is just so strong, and bombers can't "maneuver to escape AA" when they are in a bombing run, as that would screw up their run, so it deals an unreal amount of damage to bombers.

In the end, it takes it's toll, even on bombers with Concealing Livery, Reinforced Airframe, and the Protection Expert skill on the pilot.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

CruzANDBruz #97 Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 14164 battles

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 17 January 2018 - 02:47 PM, said:

A plane coming head on us vulnerable. With bots I do an Immelman and come down on its tail.A second is all you need. 

Sounds simple enough, but I don't turn my broadside or tail to any airplane. I want to recognize what it is that's coming at me first. Then it's often too late to avoid a ram or a clip.

ARCNA442 #98 Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1907 battles

View PostCruzANDBruz, on 19 January 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

Sounds simple enough, but I don't turn my broadside or tail to any airplane. I want to recognize what it is that's coming at me first. Then it's often too late to avoid a ram or a clip.

This is my problem. It's easy to say "don't go head on with a heavy" but if you don't you're just giving him more time to shoot you and potentially get on your tail. You have to turn into him to minimize your exposure time and once you do you have to break away just in time to a ram attack - which becomes much more difficult at high tiers where you can easily reach closing velocities of 2000 km/h.

Wombatmetal #99 Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1141 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostARCNA442, on 19 January 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

This is my problem. It's easy to say "don't go head on with a heavy" but if you don't you're just giving him more time to shoot you and potentially get on your tail. You have to turn into him to minimize your exposure time and once you do you have to break away just in time to a ram attack - which becomes much more difficult at high tiers where you can easily reach closing velocities of 2000 km/h.

you turn to get on his tail. You attack him

CorvusCorvax #100 Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:03 AM

Captain

• 4433 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 19 January 2018 - 10:13 PM, said:

you turn to get on his tail. You attack him

^^^THIS.

Every.  Single.  Heavy fighter is a poor-turning aircraft, in comparison to LFs.  If he's coming at you, barrel roll to make him have to control input and aim, and get some of his rounds to fly past, then, when he's near, pitch down and flaps to turn to get on parallel course, turn in, and splash HF.  Sixty percent of the time, it works all the time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users