• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

trikke #101 Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:30 PM

Captain

• 3626 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostRico_CotC_, on 19 January 2018 - 07:03 PM, said:

^^^THIS.

Every.  Single.  Heavy fighter is a poor-turning aircraft, in comparison to LFs.  If he's coming at you, barrel roll to make him have to control input and aim, and get some of his rounds to fly past, then, when he's near, pitch down and flaps to turn to get on parallel course, turn in, and splash HF.  Sixty percent of the time, it works all the time.

"Sixty percent of the time, it works all the time"    my favorite new quote!    i'm stealing this...

as a reasonably competent heavy pilot, i will tell OP that heavy pilots hate it when you see us coming 

we're much more happy if you just keep doing whatever you were doing, which was blithely going in a straight line 

if you are juking all around the place... sixty percent of the time, we will leave you alone

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

CruzANDBruz #102 Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 13690 battles

View PostARCNA442, on 19 January 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

This is my problem. It's easy to say "don't go head on with a heavy" but if you don't you're just giving him more time to shoot you and potentially get on your tail. You have to turn into him to minimize your exposure time and once you do you have to break away just in time to a ram attack - which becomes much more difficult at high tiers where you can easily reach closing velocities of 2000 km/h.

If it's a human pilot, I have no problem if he blows me outta the sky. You got me and I salute you for it. But it's clear to me that heavy bot pilots can turn their planes on a dime, come at you faster and blow you to smithereens faster than any human pilot. 

CorvusCorvax #103 Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:54 PM

Captain

• 4278 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCruzANDBruz, on 20 January 2018 - 07:00 PM, said:

If it's a human pilot, I have no problem if he blows me outta the sky. You got me and I salute you for it. But it's clear to me that heavy bot pilots can turn their planes on a dime, come at you faster and blow you to smithereens faster than any human pilot. 

You're kidding, right?  I mean, the bot Bf-110E is not a better aircraft than the human-controlled Bf-110E.  In fact, the human could have buffed theirs to give it some real combat power.  In a LF, I have never gone down to a HF that I saw first.  I have been boomed on and blown away because I got caught low, slow and out of ideas, but if I get eyes on a heavy, they won't burn me down, bot or not.  You have to manage the energy of both aircraft.  If you can get the heavy low and slow, they are meat on the table.  But that means avoiding their guns in the first place, right?  Always end lower.  Their advantage is high, and the lower you get, the better you are. Force them onto the deck, and you can play with them for as long (or as short) as you want.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users