• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

MARS_REVENANT #61 Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:45 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3443 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Postcdubbs716, on 13 March 2018 - 09:32 AM, said:

the devs are some jabronies. I have been having an issue for over a week. I cant use paint service or upgrade cant switch planes. when I reported this devs pretty much told me f off not our problem. so I have a 3 month  premium account just paid 30.00 for a crappy premium meteor which is horrible so all this money and cant use any of it.

Start up the WGC Launcher, go to the WOWP tab.  Instead of clicking 'PLAY' hit the dropdown arrow right next to it.  Select "Launch WOWP and Clear Game Cache' option.  Post again if that helps.

Also, Meteor is a decent plane.  Its not pay to win, nothing is in WOWP.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

mnbv_fockewulfe #62 Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:26 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostFyrdraca, on 28 February 2018 - 04:29 AM, said:

I love how high the cry levels reach when I have to make a show. This game is pretty bad. World of Warships, minus the crybabies that want to dumb it down, is freaking great. And World of Tanks, which has been dumbed down, for the kiddies, is still holding it's on. So really, if you're mad because you can't put your emblems on your plane, or camo, or whatever...then just don't leave. But writing a paper on it to justify to everyone why you must explain the mistreatment of the players by the devs and leave it sad and heartbroken in your dust...well, posts like mine are a little petty and pathetic. But yeah, posts like this. 

FIFY

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

SkyWolf__WM #63 Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:40 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2694 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
Sorry to see you go Glenn
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

WulfNose #64 Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:38 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Community Ace
  • 570 battles

George Patton (Glenn), very sorry to see you go, although I understand and concur with your decision. I thank you for your many kindnesses to me and to members of the community.

This fall I will be teaching Computer Ethics and also have one student enrolled in an Independent Study on the Ethics of Gaming and a team of students developing a game. This thread will be of great value in their studies. 

Wishing you the very best! Wulf

Pogo68 #65 Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1550 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostFyrdraca, on 27 February 2018 - 08:29 PM, said:

I love how high the cry levels reach when people have to make a show. This game is pretty good. World of Warships, minus the crybabies that want to dumb it down, is freaking great. And World of Tanks, which has been dumbed down, for the kiddies, is still holding it's on. So really, if you are mad because you can not put your pictures stickers on your plane, or camo, or whatever...then just leave. But writing a paper on it to justify to everyone why you must hurt the games feelings and leave it sad and heartbroken in your dust...well, that's a little petty and pathetic. But yeah, posts like this. 

World of Warships?

Haven't played that since the server stopped accepting connections (server not found) middle of last year after they implemented the Game Center.

His point of about the crap physics of the aircraft is valid.

Most of them "feel" like corks floating on a vat of molasses.

It's about where they were like when we played flight sims on a 386's and 486's while running on DOS 3.0.

No correction.

Spectrum Holobyte and Microprose put out air combat games that had a better "feel".

The bot AI, is about where they were when Commodore 64's and 8088's were the cutting edge.

Edited by Pogo68, 09 June 2018 - 06:32 PM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

CorvusCorvax #66 Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1230 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostPogo68, on 07 June 2018 - 11:32 PM, said:

Spectrum Holobyte and Microprose put out air combat games that had a better "feel".

Falcon 4.0 was the best.

Texthor #67 Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:36 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 7 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 08 June 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

Falcon 4.0 was the best.

View PostPogo68, on 07 June 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

World of Warships?

Haven't played that since the server stopped accepting connections last middle of last year after they implemented the Game Center.

His point of about the crap physics of the aircraft is valid.

Most of them "feel" like corks floating on a vat of molasses.

It's about where they were like when we played flight sims on a 386's and 486's while running on DOS 3.0.

No correction.

The bot AI, is about where they were when Commodore 64's and 8088's were the cutting edge.

bring back any pre 2.0 version of the game.....and you will get your flight characteristics back  !!!!!!

MARS_REVENANT #68 Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:54 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3443 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostTexthor, on 08 June 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

bring back any pre 2.0 version of the game.....and you will get your flight characteristics back  !!!!!!

And also zobie rear-gunnerz

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

mnbv_fockewulfe #69 Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 08 June 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

And also zobie rear-gunnerz

That was a beta thing MARS.

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 08 June 2018 - 09:43 PM.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Pogo68 #70 Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1550 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 08 June 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

Falcon 4.0 was the best.

Falcon 4.0 was a training sim :).

Kidding.

These days the terrain looks crude but the flight characteristics were spectacular and the hidden game that was included has never been rivaled in what 20 years.

For those who've never seen it, the game had multiple modes

There was the instant action, a series of training missions that take place over Nellis AFB, one shot missions (you can make your own too), 3 preset scenarios for the campaign mode, and a dynamic campaign.

Now inside the dynamic campaign is the resource and war management module which is where your tasking orders come from.

This module is a game onto itself as you could assume command of all allied air forces in the theater and wage the entire war from start to finish from the command center and never fly a plane.

Edited by Pogo68, 09 June 2018 - 06:31 PM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

CorvusCorvax #71 Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1230 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostPogo68, on 09 June 2018 - 06:30 PM, said:

Falcon 4.0 was a training sim :).

Kidding.

These days the terrain looks crude but the flight characteristics were spectacular and the hidden game that was included has never been rivaled in what 20 years.

For those who've never seen it, the game had multiple modes

There was the instant action, a series of training missions that take place over Nellis AFB, one shot missions (you can make your own too), 3 preset scenarios for the campaign mode, and a dynamic campaign.

Now inside the dynamic campaign is the resource and war management module which is where your tasking orders come from.

This module is a game onto itself as you could assume command of all allied air forces in the theater and wage the entire war from start to finish from the command center and never fly a plane.

One of my favorite activities was dogfighting over LAN.  My boss and I, after hours, would fly endless dogfights, and i got very good at avoiding his AIM-9s.  Using the gunsight symbology was amusing - one of my favorite things was to pounce on him from below and light him up with the 20mm.

Pogo68 #72 Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1550 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 09 June 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

One of my favorite activities was dogfighting over LAN.  My boss and I, after hours, would fly endless dogfights, and i got very good at avoiding his AIM-9s.  Using the gunsight symbology was amusing - one of my favorite things was to pounce on him from below and light him up with the 20mm.

Which did you prefer, the funnel (EGGS) or the ball and string (LCOS)?

I personally became fond of the EGGS as I could use it with out having to lock up the target.

For those who've never heard of it or the game this is what we're talking about

Edited by Pogo68, 10 June 2018 - 03:06 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP

CorvusCorvax #73 Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1230 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Funnel, baby!

Edward_Thache #74 Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:15 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1117 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 08 June 2018 - 02:47 PM, said:

Falcon 4.0 was the best.

If you still have your original disk you can play Falcon BMS for free.  The original code was released to the public domain and now it is publicly supported.  Let me know if you need any further info.   

kentshouse #75 Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:21 PM

Airman Basic

• 2802 battles
  • [50CAL] 50CAL
I'm sad to say that I will probably be joining you soon. The only reason I have stayed this long is due to the friendships I have developed. That being said I am sick of the way wargamming has done me again. I'm fed up with war-gaming... they just cant leave well enough alone. first they had to screw up World of Tanks and now they done it to World of Planes.. I've worked hard learning the last versions parameters, building crew, aircraft, perks and equipment just to have them come and change everything I worked on. I have a lot of friends that play tanks and planes and hate to loose that connection, but I dont think WG gives a crap about what the players want they just want to find a way to make more money. so heres to you WG.

CorvusCorvax #76 Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1230 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostEdward_Thache, on 15 June 2018 - 03:15 PM, said:

If you still have your original disk you can play Falcon BMS for free.  The original code was released to the public domain and now it is publicly supported.  Let me know if you need any further info.   

Holy crap, no kidding????  I need to dig it out.  But those guys were on 3.5" floppies, as I recall.  I haven't seen a 3.5" drive in, well, forever.

Cyberdog52 #77 Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:22 PM

Senior Airman

• 738 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 18 June 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

Holy crap, no kidding????  I need to dig it out.  But those guys were on 3.5" floppies, as I recall.  I haven't seen a 3.5" drive in, well, forever.

You can get on Steam and get it for $6.00.  Then go to Falcon BMS.  I think they are on version 4.33.  The BMS software must find the original Falcon 4.0 software.  Look in the Forums first...

Edited by Cyberdog52, 18 June 2018 - 09:37 PM.

sandtinger #78 Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:55 AM

Master Sergeant

• 8780 battles

sounds like you just need to take a brake .. but hope you find some new  hobby to take this one up

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users