Humor - And the world is flat too

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:05 PM

Captain

• 25 battles

I found this one statement very funny. I thought I would forward this to you guys

Block Quote

Grenoli # 213          Posted Today, Jan 15, 2018 - 11:19

Ml. lieutenant
Developer
162 fights 
[WG-W] WG-W
Check in: 
09/26/2011

Block Quote

Kalaymba (Jan 13, 2018 - 00:03) wrote:

Q. Will physics be corrected towards realism? If not, why? Takeoff-landing is not exactly needed-from the pilots' sayings "Take-off is dangerous, the flight is beautiful, landing is difficult"

A. Greetings. No, physics in the direction of realism will not be adjusted, since the game does not pretend to be a serious simulator.

RU WoWP forum source link

The thing you have to understand is the perspective of the update 2.0 WoWP world. It's like D&D. Some things don't make sense, because science and physics don't matter. Its not real. Some could say the same can be said about WoWP. Not that I am asking for something like WT, just something that is perceive to have the feel of a plane. Anyways I thought you guys would like to see this humor from overseas.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 15 January 2018 - 05:11 PM.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

mnbv_fockewulfe #2 Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:12 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I read that and thought, "So they admitted they changed the physics."

Then I couldn't understand the logic that the the game isn't supposed to be a sim, therefore it can't be a flying game either.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

MARS_REVENANT #3 Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:25 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3550 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

I thought they did mention a physics change in the 2.0 release notes.

My pet peeve is bot maneuverability.  Being able to pitch down just as quickly as pitching up.  They even acknowledged this and said they would be refining the maneuvers and making them more predictable but hasn't seemed to happen in the patches so far.  Right now I see a bot roll right, for example, and you assume they will pitch up and turn hard right, so you compensate your aim to the right... but nope, they pitch down and go left... a balzy move IRL, the thing is they go left just as fast as if they were going right. A little 'too unrealistic' imo.

WGs biggest thing is they wanted to make the game easier for new players to pick up and do well... they also removed the lead reticle, target window and target plane stat comparison... doesn't that make it more frustrating when you take into account this bot maneuvering?

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

mnbv_fockewulfe #4 Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

One other thing I don't get.

AD bots are stated to have slightly different characteristics than tech tree a/c.

Doesn't that mean the game could potentially support 2.0 physics and 1.9 physics in different modes?

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 15 January 2018 - 07:04 PM.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users