The numbers don't lie

Analysis

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:48 PM

Captain

• 21 battles
We have seen the Holiday year action from WoWS here of how many battles have been fought. WoWP can't provide the same information because of the new regime of update 2.0. Now WoT have just released their stats on how many tanks were purchased and medals were given out here during the holidays. Can WoWP say how many aircraft were given out as gifts and medals given in the same fashion? I would like to see those stats and I know of others would like to view them the same. I ask because I do care about WoWP. I want to know how successful WoWP is doing.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 15 January 2018 - 04:49 PM.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:04 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3215 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
I'd settle for unlocking the server API so this site will work again.

https://stats.wotapi...s/wowp/na/total

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

FlakValleyExpress #3 Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:09 PM

Captain

• 21 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 15 January 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

I am not pushing the player base questions that way for the server population. At this point, I just want to see how many planes where given out as treats (rewards).  

Vae victis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

SalTuskin #4 Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:35 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1143 battles
  • [TWE] TWE

what do you care you are not playing so what is it to you, i bought 100$ worth of bags and i feel i got well more than i put in about 800k fxp about 300days perm and really not sure about gold i have spent a lot but at least 20k if not more

if you are not playing the game why do you always come here just wonders nothing better to do or are you one of the forums posters you just post to post every forum has them just wondering

i know of at least 4-5 people who received planes and decals and little toys just from the event sure those crates could have been better but hey free is free unless you dont play

Edited by SalTuskin, 15 January 2018 - 05:36 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #5 Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:45 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3215 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostSalTuskin, on 15 January 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

what do you care you are not playing so what is it to you, i bought 100$ worth of bags and i feel i got well more than i put in about 800k fxp about 300days perm and really not sure about gold i have spent a lot but at least 20k if not more

if you are not playing the game why do you always come here just wonders nothing better to do or are you one of the forums posters you just post to post every forum has them just wondering

i know of at least 4-5 people who received planes and decals and little toys just from the event sure those crates could have been better but hey free is free unless you dont play

What do you care that he cares?

If it means anything to you, I am playing, and I care about him caring.  And by your own logic, I play more than you so me caring trumps you not caring.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

Noreaga #6 Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:48 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

he cares because, he likes the game and wants it to be successful. unlike the slew of fair weather alpha testers who joined played zero games and never actually tested.

Great you like the game, and spent 100$ now put down the cool aid and ask "where there more players, who did the same?".

are you so scared that you are wrong?You want to head off any proof one way or the other? certainly looks like that.  

Nimis obnoxii curare

General_Lee_Miserable #7 Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 315 battles

View PostNoreaga, on 15 January 2018 - 05:48 PM, said:

he cares because, he likes the game and wants it to be successful. unlike the slew of fair weather alpha testers who joined played zero games and never actually tested.

Great you like the game, and spent 100$ now put down the cool aid and ask "where there more players, who did the same?".

are you so scared that you are wrong?You want to head off any proof one way or the other? certainly looks like that.  

More like... he hates 2.0 and wants to see it flop. Let's see his posts for what they are these days. 

Yes. There were more players who spent. I bought hundreds of dollars in Santa Bags. I actually lost count. Got every plane they were gifting out in those. I bought so many of those bags that I reached the cap of how much premium time one can be rewarded. Discovered that there is a 2 year cap. Once I accumulated all of the planes and reached the premium time cap, it all converted to gold and a ton of free XP. I got 350,000 free xp out of my last 25 bag set. 

Some people really just need to go away and get on with life. Simple as that. 1.9 isn't returning. 

SalTuskin #8 Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:44 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1143 battles
  • [TWE] TWE

ah another player who doesnt play chines in lol 7 games, i didnt like alpha but you didnt see me post all over the forum about it did you i went my way not you people who dont like 2.0 go your way we dont care about you neither does wargaming 

by have a nice day

also i know of at least 5 people who spend well over 100$ is the game perfect no but it is fun to me game is not going back to 1.9 so either play or leave but all your crying about it wont help 

Edited by SalTuskin, 15 January 2018 - 07:46 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #9 Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:56 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3215 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

Bzm8QN4.jpg

This is not a 2.0 whine thread.  The OP is asking for stats. Stats that have been released for WOWS and WOT. Relax and peace be with you.

mnbv_fockewulfe #10 Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• 236 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostSalTuskin, on 15 January 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

ah another player who doesnt play chines in lol 7 games, i didnt like alpha but you didnt see me post all over the forum about it did you i went my way not you people who dont like 2.0 go your way we dont care about you neither does wargaming

by have a nice day

also i know of at least 5 people who spend well over 100$ is the game perfect no but it is fun to me game is not going back to 1.9 so either play or leave but all your crying about it wont help

What would you do if it did go back to 1.9?

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

FlakValleyExpress #11 Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:10 PM

Captain

• 21 battles

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on 15 January 2018 - 02:01 PM, said:

More like... he hates 2.0 and wants to see it flop. Let's see his posts for what they are these days. 

Yes. There were more players who spent. I bought hundreds of dollars in Santa Bags. I actually lost count. Got every plane they were gifting out in those. I bought so many of those bags that I reached the cap of how much premium time one can be rewarded. Discovered that there is a 2 year cap. Once I accumulated all of the planes and reached the premium time cap, it all converted to gold and a ton of free XP. I got 350,000 free xp out of my last 25 bag set. 

Some people really just need to go away and get on with life. Simple as that. 1.9 isn't returning. 

Good for you on the gift bags. I asked the question of WoWP since the other WG products were boasting about their holiday and end of year stats, that if WoWP was going to do the same. As I stated before in past threads, I want WG to be successful, and I want WoWP to be the benchmark of excellence, top tier for flight games. I am not stopping players from playing WoWP. If you enjoy the current version, fine. For me I want a better product.

Vae victis

mullyman #12 Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 33 battles

View PostSalTuskin, on 15 January 2018 - 03:44 PM, said:

by have a nice day

​So at least 6 losers spending $100 to buy virtual reality items.  lmbo....you sound like a savvy investor.
mullyman.png

Catch21 #13 Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2243 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 15 January 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

Yes, why should we be denied the stats the sister games can see? There's no reason not to advertise them, unless they don't want their players to know because they're not good.

If they're not good and getting worse we're all going to leave sooner or later anyway, so why isn't honesty the best policy here? Other than to dupe players into subsidizing a failure, and that's not good for WG's brand as a whole.

I want this game to succeed and thrive too, but it's got to get my continued buy-in both $-wise and in playing time. I've invested for 2017, but I'm out for any $s in 2018 unless I see big improvements in WoP's Quality Assurance Program, and I'll coast on purchases to date until I see them.

In shutting down API server stats, Persha/WG shot themselves in the foot (not head, yet)- some players are clever enough to back into stats through the top 1000, and there's always the bot count as an empirical litmus test of real player #s and success.

MARS_REVENANT #14 Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:39 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3215 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostCatch21, on 15 January 2018 - 04:32 PM, said:

Yes, why should we be denied the stats the sister games can see? There's no reason not to advertise them, unless they don't want their players to know because they're not good.

If they're not good and getting worse we're all going to leave sooner or later anyway, so why isn't honesty the best policy here? Other than to dupe players into subsidizing a failure, and that's not good for WG's brand as a whole.

I want this game to succeed and thrive too, but it's got to get my continued buy-in both $-wise and in playing time. I've invested for 2017, but I'm out for any $s in 2018 unless I see big improvements in WoP's Quality Assurance Program, and I'll coast on purchases to date until I see them.

In shutting down API server stats, Persha/WG shot themselves in the foot (not head, yet)- some players are clever enough to back into stats through the top 1000, and there's always the bot count as an empirical litmus test of real player #s and success.

That's a lot of speculation just on not being able to know a number.  "investment" in the game is mainly based on the experiences during game play.  Not sure what knowing the online population has to do with that.  If people like it, they will buy into it.  Its not like people are like, yeah I like this, but then get turned off by knowing others don't. At least that's my opinion.

I just want to see it out of curiosity, it wont dictate whether I stay or go, or pay.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 15 January 2018 - 09:40 PM.

Catch21 #15 Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2243 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 15 January 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

That's a lot of speculation just on not being able to know a number.  "investment" in the game is mainly based on the experiences during game play.  Not sure what knowing the online population has to do with that.  If people like it, they will buy into it.  Its not like people are like, yeah I like this, but then get turned off by knowing others don't. At least that's my opinion.

I just want to see it out of curiosity, it wont dictate whether I stay or go, or pay.

It's been a long time since I played WoP pre-2.0, but I've a vague memory of being pounced on by the one or two human players in a largely bot-filled sky. Almost like they were waiting for new meat- like yours truly, and not much fun. I left. 

That's my big fear here, that the game will go back to that model with fewer and fewer 'real' players. Knowing the on-line population and trends helps with figuring out whether to put my $s into an emerging success or withhold them from a looming failure, and allocate somewhere with a better chance of longevity (WoT or WoS say, where they happily publish stats). 

For the moment I like it and see potential, so I've bought into it to try to help it succeed. I don't care if others don't, as long as net there are enough humans flying to make it interesting and fun. But if WoP is going to crash and burn, I'd like to know sooner rather than later so I've spent $s on tanks or ships that can get used, not planes that can't. 

Edited by Catch21, 16 January 2018 - 09:48 AM.

MelBrooks #16 Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 11 battles
I was hoping Nor would break a hockey stick over his head, pity. But, MARS and the OP are dead right. Why the API is not available makes absolutely no sense what so ever. 

jack_wdw #17 Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 332 battles

View PostCatch21, on 15 January 2018 - 11:37 PM, said:

It's been a long time since I played WoP pre-2.0, but I've a vague memory of being pounced on by the one or two human players in a largely bot-filled sky. Almost like they were waiting for new meat- like yours truly, and not much fun. I left. 

That's my big fear here, that the game will go back to that model with fewer and fewer 'real' players. Knowing the on-line population and trends helps with figuring out whether to put my $s into an emerging success or withhold them from a looming failure, and allocate somewhere with a better chance of longevity (WoT or WoS say, where they happily publish stats). 

For the moment I like it and see potential, so I've bought into it to try to help it succeed. I don't care if others don't, as long as net there are enough humans flying to make it interesting and fun. But if WoP is going to crash and burn, I'd like to know sooner rather than later so I've spent $s on tanks or ships that can get used, not planes that can't. 

I don't think the population has increased significantly, despite all the advertising they put into it.
Pre 2.0 you mostly had two humans at each side, rest was filled with bots.
In high tiers it was like that for almost every fight.
As for the mid-tiers, 1 game in 5 had 4-5 humans at each side, if you stepped down to the low tiers, you would see a lot of humans at each side, almost every game.
As for what i hear from players that are playing the game now, it didn't change perhaps numbers even got worse.
If they said WOWP was dying before 2.0, it still is dying as we speak.
It's your money, it's your shot.

Catch21 #18 Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2243 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View Postjack_wdw, on 16 January 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

As for what i hear from players that are playing the game now, it didn't change perhaps numbers even got worse.

There's a thread here on #s, I'll see if I can update it for end of year.

UPDATE (from sources referenced in above thread): So we have (EU Players with more than 20 battles, I'm not going to do the exercise for NA on the grounds that the trends will be similar cross-server. Feel free to publish NA/RU #s to dispute):

19-25 Oct  11831
26 Oct-1 Nov  11230
2-8 Nov  10282
9-15 Nov  11649
16-22 Nov  9898
23-29 Nov  8554
30 Nov-6 Dec 7819
07-13 Dec 7299

14-20 Dec 6765

21-27 Dec 9190 (Christmas, Skies of BotlandAlbion Event Start)

28 Dec-3 Jan 10611

4-10 Jan 9959

Edited by Catch21, 16 January 2018 - 04:24 PM.

ExploratorOne #19 Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1643 battles
  • [LOU1] LOU1
The main challenge, IMHO, with statistics like these is illustrated by my situation.  I came back and tried 2.0 and like it so much I have actually gotten involved in WOWP.  This, especially Albion, cut heavily into erased my WOWS time.  Now, I am going to have to cut back a bit on my WOWP time to get back on track with WOWS.  With only about two hours max to play on a weekday evening, that doesn't leave as much time for WOWP as there was during the holiday season.

Edited by ExploratorOne, 18 January 2018 - 05:13 PM.

Sassover #20 Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 172 battles
The bottom line is this...There still are not enough players to eliminate the need for Bots to fill out the battles. 1.4 didn't need bots, but 2.0 does. Until that changes, this game continues to be a FAIL.

Also tagged with Analysis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users