Bomber cannot drop bombs?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

JagdTig3r #1 Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:42 AM

Airman Basic

• 938 battles

Just played a match in my bomber. After a first sortie, the plane suddenly could not drop bombs any more. The bomb cool down timer was gone. When I pressed the button to drop bomb, it kept saying something like bombs are not ready. 

Am I doing anthing wrong? Is there a particular module that once damaged, bomber could not drop bombs? In the game, I intentionally crashed my plane and tried to see if that can reset everything. However, that didn't change anything. My bomber remained "bombless" for the rest of the match. And we lost terribly of course.

Anyone know what the problem is?

vcharng #2 Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:23 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4085 battles

Just a known bug.

Hope they fix this soon as I kinda like these bombers myself.

JagdTig3r #3 Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:33 AM

Airman Basic

• 938 battles
I like bombers too. But the bug was very annoying. Not even fun flying around in a big bomber without any bombs to drop.

Mercsn #4 Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:05 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
It doesn't happen every game. I've only had the issue once (thankfully it was in the rb17, so I was still able to dogfight heavy fighters + OP tailgun).  Keep at it, hopefully it will be as rare of an issue for you.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

vcharng #5 Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:10 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4085 battles

From what i hear from others this seems to only happen after respawning, and even in such a case it still rarely happen.

So a probably useful way to avoid this is to.... survive. It's not difficult for bombers to stay alive for the whole game if you stay at the edge of red altitude.

comtedumas #6 Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6887 battles
  • [FK] FK
I have heard of this but not seen it.  And I have played a lot of bomber missions.  I wonder what the trigger for this is.  

Dell Inspiron 5675 Ryzen 1700X

32 GB Ram

500Gb Samsung Evo 960 game drive

Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD - CT250MX500SSD4

AMD RX 580 8GB video card.  

JagdTig3r #7 Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:58 PM

Airman Basic

• 938 battles

View PostMercsn, on 15 January 2018 - 03:05 AM, said:

It doesn't happen every game. I've only had the issue once (thankfully it was in the rb17, so I was still able to dogfight heavy fighters + OP tailgun).  Keep at it, hopefully it will be as rare of an issue for you.

Dogfighting heavy fighters? Did not know you can do that with a bombers. I tried to ram enemy planes when I realized that I would be bombless for the rest of the match. But did not get any success :)

Mercsn #8 Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:01 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postvcharng, on 15 January 2018 - 02:10 AM, said:

From what i hear from others this seems to only happen after respawning, and even in such a case it still rarely happen.

So a probably useful way to avoid this is to.... survive. It's not difficult for bombers to stay alive for the whole game if you stay at the edge of red altitude.

View PostJagdTig3r, on 15 January 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:

Dogfighting heavy fighters? Did not know you can do that with a bombers. I tried to ram enemy planes when I realized that I would be bombless for the rest of the match. But did not get any success :)

@vcharng  It happened to me without dying, right after the first drop, no reload after the first drop.

@JagdTig3r The nose gun on the RB-17 is actually fairly potent 23mm and has a long-ish range.  The tailgun is obscene.  The yaw turn rate on bombers is almost equal to the turn rate of heavy fighters in standard roll and pitch turns.  The A-26 also has 6x .50 cals in the nose and loooong boost that will let it chase down HF. 

And, if you get the drop on an HF in either of those 2, you can wound them before they clear out of your gun arc (sort of like how anything can wreck a Japanese Zero if the enemy gets the first shot in on the Zero, even though the Zero is more maneuverable, because the enemy attacking the zero has to move his nose very little while to zero has to move much more to get out of the bullet stream due to angles at range).   Also, if you can't land many hits (since you can't target enemy planes to highlight them -you can press Left Alt key though to highlight everything) and you can't use the zoom in key, you can also position your bomber so that you get shots in with the gunners.  This works even for the planes that have turrets in the nose, just press T and then rotate to face forward and track the enemy as it moves around you.  Just watch out for mountains while you're in the gun!

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

IronWolfV #9 Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles
Oh yeah. Anything heading head first at an A26 is gonna get a real tail ripping. Best attack is high or low from the front arc where the A26 can't get guns on.

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

-Starbuck, Battlestar Galactica

ExploratorOne #10 Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1679 battles
  • [LOU1] LOU1

I've started submitting a ticket when it happens, the second one was yesterday evening.  In total, it has happened about eight or ten times since I started flying bombers in late December 2017.  Hopefully, some errant code can be identified and corrected.  The issue seems to have started around the end of December 2017.  I have had it happen near the beginning of a battle or in the middle of a sortie.  Altitude, current damage, or orientation do not seem to matter.  It has occurred in my A-26B and mu Ju-88 A.

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1
http://forum.worldof...omb#entry712885
http://forum.worldof...mbs#entry717499
http://forum.worldof...mbs#entry714510

Edited by ExploratorOne, 25 January 2018 - 08:00 PM.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #11 Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2395 battles

Had this in a match yesterday with my 38J; bombs were mounted, and visible, but every time I clicked to drop them I got the ''currently no bombs'' or ''unable to drop'' pop-up until after my first respawn.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 25 January 2018 - 10:27 PM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

Capture Points & You --- Graphic Settings Explored --- Grinding Tokens; Not so Daily Missions --- Ground Targets & Mission Types in 2.0 --- Equipment 2.0.5; Huh?

bjorn1984 #12 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:37 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2670 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Interesting.... I've been play bombers, multiple times, every night for the past week. I've had no problems.
Check out my online content
Facebook: www.facebook.com/The_Mighty_Bjorn1984-525235531209893/
Youtube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCSJ6ptZRxCBV4MVqsOAI6TQ
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/mightybjorn1984

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users