LOL... They make it so hard to spend money....

gift shop new planes crappy marketing

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

TheMadPizzler #1 Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:49 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2311 battles

Oh, Wargaming....

I'm beginning to sense that the folks in charge of WoWP aren't really that organized and certainly don't know how to market.

In the gift shop, there was the 'top click box' that listed:  "Boomerang + Hurricane IID + p39N-1"       You'd think with all the pluses between all those aircraft, the 'top click box' would lead to a package with all three planes.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  I'm so silly.  Well, it's a shame, 'cause I kinda wanted all three of those planes.. but I'm going to put as much effort into purchasing all three as Wargaming put into how they marketed them....      meaning.. I'm not going to go through a three step process with individual transactions...  because that's silly...   I want to be lazy and incoherent like WoWP.... so if it's not one step... I guess I didn't really want them that bad.

Note to Wargaming:  Please please please get your 'intestinal waste' together.. or at least have someone proofread what gets put up online.  (You'd be amazed at how much more people might like the game if things were clear and not irritating)

I_QQ_4_U #2 Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2111 battles
Why not just buy the P-39 and use the gold to buy the Boomerang, with gold left over. Unless you're a collector the Hurricane looks like a bad buy anyway.

Mercsn #3 Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:11 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1497 battles

You don't want the hurricane IID.  The IID is like a hurricane II (tech tree plane) that can't hit anything.   IQQ4U gives a good suggestion, if the bommerang is available for from the tech tree, and you still want it...but...it's like spitfire and a zero made a baby.  And the baby is a girl.  And that baby inherited the father's mustache.  In all seriousness, the boomerang is "ok" as a credit grinder and UK pilot trainer, but if you have the P39n1, there's no reason to play the boomerang for credits.  And...if the P-51 Mk Ia with it's 4x 20mm cannon makes a better credit grinder and crew trainer than the boomerang, if you can tolerate slightly-worse-than-Mustang-like turning (11 sec 360 turn, iirc vs the Boomerang and Spitfire's 8'ish).

The Hurricane IID is not something you want.  If you want a hurricane to grace your hangar, just get one from the tech tree.  The IID is not fun...unless you really like using derp guns that aren't even in the nose and so don't even both hit if you're maneuvering (for reference, I hate the Bf109z with 30mm which has this same widespread, slow firing, slow velocity guns setup).

The Boomerang is fun and flies almost like a Spitfire and has the nice 2x 20mm  4x .303 gun setup, but it's REALLY slow for the tier.  It's ok if you like to play defense, but the free Spitfire I (give-away code from Key Publishing here) is a better value and does a better job of getting places, especially on the @#%^*# HUGE-for-tier Archipelago map (and for keeping guns on HF as they try to run).  The downside to the free spit is that it has the 8x .303 gun setup, but otherwise is similar to the tech tree Spit except it has the premium credit modifier.  I have both and I'd reach for the Spitfire first if I only had the 2 aircraft for UK training duties.

The P-39-N1... You want this one.  If you missed out on the free code, shame on you.  But, it's still well worth whatever hoops you have to jump through and whatever garbage they package it with to get it in your hangar.  This thing is a little beastie.  A turn-fighter with decent altitude and speed and good acceleration.  Normally, I HATE multiple caliber gun setups, but the 4x 7.62, 2x .50cal, and 1x 37mm means that you're gonna hit that enemy plane with one of the guns...and the plane is so maneuverable (if a smidge fragile) that you can easily crank up the lead angle to land a 37mm hit.  Super fun, super effective, good USA crew trainer and fun-to-fly credit farmer.

But, yes.  The advert page showing all three, but no package for all three was a bit...odd.

Edited by Mercsn, 13 January 2018 - 07:18 PM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Rockstone_ #4 Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 5 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
Get used of it theses idiots  can't  tell there A$$  from a hole in the ground.:sceptic:

Edited by Rockstone_, 14 January 2018 - 02:26 AM.

Izgoy0899 #5 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 362 battles

View PostTheMadPizzler, on 13 January 2018 - 07:49 AM, said:

Oh, Wargaming....

I'm beginning to sense that the folks in charge of WoWP aren't really that organized and certainly don't know how to market.

In the gift shop, there was the 'top click box' that listed:  "Boomerang + Hurricane IID + p39N-1"       You'd think with all the pluses between all those aircraft, the 'top click box' would lead to a package with all three planes.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  I'm so silly.  Well, it's a shame, 'cause I kinda wanted all three of those planes.. but I'm going to put as much effort into purchasing all three as Wargaming put into how they marketed them....      meaning.. I'm not going to go through a three step process with individual transactions...  because that's silly...   I want to be lazy and incoherent like WoWP.... so if it's not one step... I guess I didn't really want them that bad.

Note to Wargaming:  Please please please get your 'intestinal waste' together.. or at least have someone proofread what gets put up online.  (You'd be amazed at how much more people might like the game if things were clear and not irritating)

Coming from WoT console to WoT/WoWs/WoWp PC though maybe not always accurate I'm not complaining about PC's premium sales vs Console's money grabs. 

TornadoADV #6 Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:09 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 957 battles

View PostMercsn, on 13 January 2018 - 12:11 AM, said:

You don't want the hurricane IID.  The IID is like a hurricane II (tech tree plane) that can't hit anything.   IQQ4U gives a good suggestion, if the bommerang is available for from the tech tree, and you still want it...but...it's like spitfire and a zero made a baby.  And the baby is a girl.  And that baby inherited the father's mustache.  In all seriousness, the boomerang is "ok" as a credit grinder and UK pilot trainer, but if you have the P39n1, there's no reason to play the boomerang for credits.  And...if the P-51 Mk Ia with it's 4x 20mm cannon makes a better credit grinder and crew trainer than the boomerang, if you can tolerate slightly-worse-than-Mustang-like turning (11 sec 360 turn, iirc vs the Boomerang and Spitfire's 8'ish).

The Hurricane IID is not something you want.  If you want a hurricane to grace your hangar, just get one from the tech tree.  The IID is not fun...unless you really like using derp guns that aren't even in the nose and so don't even both hit if you're maneuvering (for reference, I hate the Bf109z with 30mm which has this same widespread, slow firing, slow velocity guns setup).

The Boomerang is fun and flies almost like a Spitfire and has the nice 2x 20mm  4x .303 gun setup, but it's REALLY slow for the tier.  It's ok if you like to play defense, but the free Spitfire I (give-away code from Key Publishing here) is a better value and does a better job of getting places, especially on the @#%^*# HUGE-for-tier Archipelago map (and for keeping guns on HF as they try to run).  The downside to the free spit is that it has the 8x .303 gun setup, but otherwise is similar to the tech tree Spit except it has the premium credit modifier.  I have both and I'd reach for the Spitfire first if I only had the 2 aircraft for UK training duties.

The P-39-N1... You want this one.  If you missed out on the free code, shame on you.  But, it's still well worth whatever hoops you have to jump through and whatever garbage they package it with to get it in your hangar.  This thing is a little beastie.  A turn-fighter with decent altitude and speed and good acceleration.  Normally, I HATE multiple caliber gun setups, but the 2x 7.62, 2x .50cal, and 1x 37mm means that you're gonna hit that enemy plane with one of the guns...and the plane is so maneuverable (if a smidge fragile) that you can easily crank up the lead angle to land a 37mm hit.  Super fun, super effective, good USA crew trainer and fun-to-fly credit farmer.

But, yes.  The advert page showing all three, but no package for all three was a bit...odd.

You need to have a talk with your armory officer because your P-39 is supposed to have 4 .30 cals, not 2. :trollface:

Mercsn #7 Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:17 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1497 battles

View PostTornadoADV, on 13 January 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

You need to have a talk with your armory officer because your P-39 is supposed to have 4 .30 cals, not 2. :trollface:

Doh!  I hadn't personally flown mine recently and had the quantity of 7.62 mgs confused with the tier 5 XFL-1, which has the 2x .7.62.  :unsure:

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

trikke #8 Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:13 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2549 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostRockstone_, on 13 January 2018 - 01:34 AM, said:

Get used of it theses idiots  can't  tell there A$$  from a hole in the ground.:sceptic:

hiya Rocky!    o7

i cannot wait until the two of us can flight up and drill holes in other peoples planes like we used to...   we always had such a great time, brother!

come find me 10am-2pm every weekday (except tomorrow, as my wife is having a minor outpatient procedure tomorrow)

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

S4pp3REffecT #9 Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 539 battles
  • [151RW] 151RW
Thanks for the code!

Rbm121273 #10 Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:32 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 880 battles
I can't even find the p39n1 for sale in the shop? Found the boomerang but not the other two. Anyone help?

I_QQ_4_U #11 Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2111 battles

View PostRbm121273, on 15 January 2018 - 02:32 AM, said:

I can't even find the p39n1 for sale in the shop? Found the boomerang but not the other two. Anyone help?

Should be right near the top on either Features, Aircraft or Specials.

General_Strom #12 Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:27 AM

Master Sergeant

• 624 battles

View PostMercsn, on 13 January 2018 - 06:11 AM, said:

The P-39-N1... You want this one.  If you missed out on the free code, shame on you.  But, it's still well worth whatever hoops you have to jump through and whatever garbage they package it with to get it in your hangar.  This thing is a little beastie.  A turn-fighter with decent altitude and speed and good acceleration.  Normally, I HATE multiple caliber gun setups, but the 4x 7.62, 2x .50cal, and 1x 37mm means that you're gonna hit that enemy plane with one of the guns...and the plane is so maneuverable (if a smidge fragile) that you can easily crank up the lead angle to land a 37mm hit.  Super fun, super effective, good USA crew trainer and fun-to-fly credit farmer.

Until WG changes them for "Game balance"  WG always changes every tank plane and ship to get you to buy other "stuff"{

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users