"Fighter pukes make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY!"

i Do Like the Work

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

cobra_marksman #1 Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2602 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

For some of the changes that were made in 2.0, that players ( along with myself ) hated & complained about,:izmena: the " New" line of Bombers is not one of them. If there's one thing that they  >>>"Got it Right " :great: it's the New Bombers. As a seasoned GA pilot who really enjoyed flying the ground attack aircrafts, I was a little disappointed when 2.0 came out, and they completely changed the Ga's game play. But with the addition of the Bombers, it brought back the enjoyment of the game again:D. So salute to the programmer & designers at Wowp :honoring:for getting it right on the Bombers. As a supporting player gaming on Wowp, you brought this player back to Flying & Gaming here on you server again. As for the players who haven't flown one of those bombers yet, " give it a try ", you just might like it. :hiding: Like the Ga's, it's a great support aircraft, intended to help you & your team out in securing a enjoyable win. Feel free to post Good & Bad feedback to this post, any & all your inputs will help out, New & Seasoned players with understanding & fine tuning these New Bombers.:playing:

LMG #2 Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1469 battles

So far I don't really feel like I help much with my Bombers aside of contesting caps without the enemy being able to do much about me and getting the occational solo-cap if RNG bombs land where they need to. They don't really feel that fast either considering I pretty much fly 24/7 in yellow altitude. Maybe once I get to tier VI things will start to shine, that seems to be the tier where I have the most fun for the most part :sceptic:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SpiritFoxMY #3 Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1542 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

I love all three tiers of bombers currently in the game, even the much maligned Ju88A. With a Demolition Expert pilot, the cluster-drop bombers are devastating once you know how to angle the bombing run. The Do217M is even better. It requires more precise timing than the shotgun approach of the cluster drops but the power of the individual bombs more than makes up for it - this is the plane that can solo-cap command centers in two passes. 

Bombers are really fun because they're both a lazy yet precise way to play - its all about economy of movement, planning your bombing runs and getting out before opposition can get to you. I enjoy them thoroughly

My only complaint is when they get spawned in on those damnable three cap maps - your game ends in the first couple of minutes and then its just waiting for the enemy team to get their act together and recap or come hunt you.

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 12 January 2018 - 05:42 PM.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

legoboy0401 #4 Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 387 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 12 January 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

I love all three tiers of bombers currently in the game, even the much maligned Ju88A. With a Demolition Expert pilot, the cluster-drop bombers are devastating once you know how to angle the bombing run. The Do217M is even better. It requires more precise timing than the shotgun approach of the cluster drops but the power of the individual bombs more than makes up for it - this is the plane that can solo-cap command centers in two passes. 

Bombers are really fun because they're both a lazy yet precise way to play - its all about economy of movement, planning your bombing runs and getting out before opposition can get to you. I enjoy them thoroughly

My only complaint is when they get spawned in on those damnable three cap maps - your game ends in the first couple of minutes and then its just waiting for the enemy team to get their act together and recap or come hunt you.

ikr. On a side note, the bombs-not-reloading-issue does exist, and knowing every time you hit that "battle" button in a bomber, you risk that bug occurring, does make playing bombers less fun, but I don't care. I'll spread the word and keep on playing bombers.

(edit) that last sentence of yours also pertains to GAAs, but they can at least attack their opposites on the opposing team as they come in to try to recap. Bombers can't really duel too much with their opposite number, unless that bomber is an A-26B.

Edited by legoboy0401, 12 January 2018 - 06:26 PM.

Random Thoughts Of The Day:

World of Warplanes? More like World of Bots-that-are-designed-to-fail-so-you-lose-as-often-as-you-win.

Heavy Fighters? More like Obsolete Flying Bricks.

Attack Aircraft? More like Bomber-wannabes.

Quesnel #5 Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:42 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 581 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

Just be glad this isn't one the drawing board....or is it?

legoboy0401 #6 Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 387 battles

View PostQuesnel, on 12 January 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

Just be glad this isn't one the drawing board....or is it?

Shh. It might be. You never know.:hiding:

World of Warplanes? More like World of Bots-that-are-designed-to-fail-so-you-lose-as-often-as-you-win.

StoptheViolins #7 Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:30 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1470 battles
You don't need a B-29 for that, just get a F-84 with a Mark 7.

americankraut #8 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:12 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 313 battles
Any prospect for a US Heavy bomber line, that would make me play this game more...

legoboy0401 #9 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 387 battles

View Postamericankraut, on 12 January 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

Any prospect for a US Heavy bomber line, that would make me play this game more...

Darn, you make me wish I had an epic upvote GIF.

Wombatmetal #10 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:22 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 750 battles

View Postamericankraut, on 12 January 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

B17s are in the game files and spawn as bomber flights, so that's a predictor

Mercsn #11 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

View PostLMG, on 12 January 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

So far I don't really feel like I help much with my Bombers aside of contesting caps without the enemy being able to do much about me and getting the occational solo-cap if RNG bombs land where they need to. They don't really feel that fast either considering I pretty much fly 24/7 in yellow altitude. Maybe once I get to tier VI things will start to shine, that seems to be the tier where I have the most fun for the most part :sceptic:

You're doing it wrong!  Bombers are fast GA.  High altitude bombing is soooo...YAWN.

Fly them low and the bombs go right where you put them. Plus, while reloading, you can play turret gunner.   The A26 is nuts in this role, but it's also viable in the Ju88A (and also the teir 3 Do 17z HF, so I imagine the teir 4 Do can operate low, also).  

Low altitude also has the benefit of keeping the HF down low, in the cap area, where lower altitude fighters can chew them up.  Low altitude bombing has an odd synergy that flies completely in the face of WG "altitude lanes" MOBA gameplay vision.  

We'll see if WG puts the "sea level" performance back in to push the bombers and HF back up in altitude.  That would be a boon to GA and slower low altitude planes who would then be relatively faster compared to high altitude craft that would suffer performance/speed loss at low altitude. 

Rejoice the day when game designers design games for players instead of designing them for game designers. 

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

legoboy0401 #12 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 387 battles

View PostMercsn, on 12 January 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

You're doing it wrong!  Bombers are fast GA.  High altitude bombing is soooo...YAWN.

Fly them low and the bombs go right where you put them. Plus, while reloading, you can play turret gunner.   The A26 is nuts in this role, but it's also viable in the Ju88A (and also the teir 3 Do 17z HF, so I imagine the teir 4 Do can operate low, also).  

Low altitude also has the benefit of keeping the HF down low, in the cap area, where lower altitude fighters can chew them up.  Low altitude bombing has an odd synergy that flies completely in the face of WG "altitude lanes" MOBA gameplay vision.  

We'll see if WG puts the "sea level" performance back in to push the bombers and HF back up in altitude.  That would be a boon to GA and slower low altitude planes who would then be relatively faster compared to high altitude craft that would suffer performance/speed loss at low altitude. 

Rejoice the day when game designers design games for players instead of designing them for game designers. 

Not the Do 17Z. It's too fragile, for one. I mean you could, but it has relatively weak nose defensive guns, and at low altitude you seem to get a lot more head-ons.

Heck, all it's guns are quite weak.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users