Midair. Collisions ,and Ramming

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

FreeFOXMIKE #1 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:14 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 1754 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

to take care of this  plane to plane collision I think any  contact should remove 90-99 hp automatically 

https://i1.wp.com/ol...jpg?w=972&ssl=1

this will reduce the tactic of multiable rams that can be used by some AC

Edited by FreeFOXMIKE, 12 January 2018 - 10:16 AM.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1352 battles

View PostFreeFOXMIKE, on 12 January 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

to take care of this  plane to plane collision I think any  contact should remove 90-99 hp automatically 

https://i1.wp.com/ol...jpg?w=972&ssl=1

this will reduce the tactic of multiable rams that can be used by some AC

You mean 90 - 99%. 90 - 99 HP is barely a drop in a fully upgraded 88P's HP pool.

Also I still think that the current collision model is... acceptable. It's not great but I prefer it to "instakill everyone dies". Because, lets be honest - unless you ALSO remove the respawn mechanic I am going to RAM bombers to death once my plane drops to my field repair threshold. 

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

vcharng #3 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1993 battles

I think WG allowed heavier planes to ram smaller planes without killing themselves as a measure to balance against light fighters. Otherwise the categories of planes with higher HPs will no longer bear any meaning, as smaller planes can always ram them if they can't win in a firefight.

And LFs are already OP, do we really need to remove this measure against them to make them even more dominant?

pyantoryng #4 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:04 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1296 battles
Mmmm......reliable way to farm Gobulev...........

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

FreeFOXMIKE #5 Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:26 PM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 1754 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

90-99 % of the AC total HP

https://oldnfo.org/2...viation-art-23/

On the morning of May 25, 1944, three pilots from the 4th Fighter Group, the “Debden Eagles”, 336th Fighter Squadron, 8th Air Force, were over Germany looking for trouble. Flying near Botenheim, they encountered German planes from III JG1, 9th Staffel.

During the ensuing dogfight, a Messerschmitt Bf109G-6/AS (also known as an Ausburg Eagle) came up behind Captain Joseph H. Bennett’s P-51B Mustang, while staying below the P-51’s propeller gust.
The Bf109’s guns jammed, but the young Luftwaffe pilot, Oberfähnrich Hubert Heckmann, was determined not to let the American flyer get away. Heckmann pulled up to the P-51’s height and rammed his Bf109 fighter right into the tail of Bennett’s aircraft.

The impact sheared off the tail and rear fuselage section and came within a few feet of the rear fuselage tank. With his aircraft’s nose thrust skyward, Bennett bailed out near Botenheim. Going into a loop, the P-51 crashed into a house in the middle of the village. His own plane seriously damaged, Heckmann managed to make a belly crash landing.

Bennett, a former RAF Eagle Squadron pilot, was captured and taken to a jail by German military officials. Heckmann later came to introduce himself and meet the first American flier he had put out of commission as a German pilot. Bennett remain a German prisoner until the end of the war. The 336th Fighter Squadron lost another Mustang in this fight but made claims of shooting down five of the enemy.
After the war, the two airmen became friends and met every year for their reunion.

Edited by FreeFOXMIKE, 12 January 2018 - 04:30 PM.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

Reitousair #6 Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3854 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Hmm, the problem I see with 90-99% of HP being removed from ANY ram. If I'm in the IL-40P, LF is on my tail and on low health, as a last resort, he smashes into my aircraft and removes over 2000 health despite him being on <10 health, I've suddenly had my biggest advantage, ginormous health pool removed because somebody decided to suicide into my plane.

Or for example, the J8M vs. the RB-17, it wouldn't exactly be fair for a J8M to just kamikaze into the RB-17 and bring it down to <200 health to leave it a relatively easy kill for AA.

Fighter v. Fighter ramming should prove extremely lethal, however, fighters should not be able to just ram a GA or bomber and take out over 1000 health in an instant, that would make them incredibly powerful as they can suddenly do 1000-2000 damage in an instant.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

FIight #7 Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:54 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2712 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

They used to be instakill for both planes in patch 1.3, which is still the beta version,

they removed it somehow due to ppl complaining about a LF with few hp rams into

something like IL-40. 

If realistic ramming is to be implemented, then weapon damage should also be increased.

You kill as fast like you ram into the enemy.

Edited by Einssniper, 12 January 2018 - 07:56 PM.

Wombatmetal #8 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:04 PM

• 750 battles

If you are talking about being rammed by a plane coming at you head on, then get out of the way.

The mechanic is a bit cheesy, but it's better than other options

Wombatmetal #9 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:08 PM

• 750 battles

I will add there was a ramming case during the Battle of Britain where a Hawker rammed a Fiat Cr. 42 Falco, which flew back over the channel and crash landed in Holland. The pilots body had been decapitated.

The Hawker was fine, both planes were flyable

legoboy0401 #10 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 387 battles

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 12 January 2018 - 12:08 PM, said:

I will add there was a ramming case during the Battle of Britain where a Hawker rammed a Fiat Cr. 42 Falco, which flew back over the channel and crash landed in Holland. The pilots body had been decapitated.

The Hawker was fine, both planes were flyable

#ghostplane

Random Thoughts Of The Day:

World of Warplanes? More like World of Bots-that-are-designed-to-fail-so-you-lose-as-often-as-you-win.

Heavy Fighters? More like Obsolete Flying Bricks.

Attack Aircraft? More like Bomber-wannabes.

Reitousair #11 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3854 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 12 January 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

If you are talking about being rammed by a plane coming at you head on, then get out of the way.

The mechanic is a bit cheesy, but it's better than other options

I didn't even think about head-on rams, but, I agree with you here, get out of the way ASAP if you think your opponent is going to press the ram.

And if we're talking 90-99% health removal, then that also removes one of the fears of going head-on with a GA (which you should never do anyways, but some people still try for it), it WILL kill you if you collide, however being able to almost delete the GA from a ram suddenly makes pressing the head-on possibly rewarding, as now it's down to the GA to kill you before you ram it and pretty much delete it, or leave it incredibly vulnerable.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

Mercsn #12 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:20 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

Wait.  We're still talking about ramming/ collisions?   4 years later?  

:popcorn:

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users