Best Line To Free XP

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

LMG #21 Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1641 battles

View PostReitousair, on 12 January 2018 - 03:57 AM, said:

Hmm, well, while I can't recommend any lines to just free XP through, and my usual reply of stock grind and XP past aircraft you don't like have been taken, I will just make suggestions as aircraft you might want to save your free XP to bypass.

Fw 190 A-1: Very underwhelming aircraft, and is extremely painful to grind even when fully upgraded.

P-51A: Good aircraft in the performance department, however the anemic armament of only 4 .50 cals makes it extremely difficult to kill things.

I-210: Effectively a USSR P-51A, it's good in performance, however, armament is lacking in punch at only 2 20mm cannons, and they're ShVAK's.

Thus far, those are the only three aircraft I can strongly recommend bypassing entirely that I have used, however other suggestions friends have made would be:

Skipping to F4U-1 in USN Multi's: While serviceable and perfectly respectable aircraft, the F4U-1 sets the tone for the rest of the line and plays far different from the F4F.

Ju-87G/Hs 129 and Ju-88P: Some friends have recommended bypassing these due to them not being nearly as competitive as the Me 265 and you should play the Fw 189 to get some GA experience in.

Dh. 103 Hornet: Seen as the weakest tier 7 HF, can still do exceedingly well but some friends do not recommend it.

Bsh-2 and IL-2: Lack of a rear gunner is a pain for a GA.

Otherwise, just save for the stock grind, that'll be the real killer for many aircraft.

Personally I like both the Junkers, and their firepower is quite handy with some proper control (which helps in other lines as well). The Bsh-2 is actually quite scary for its tier; the FAB-100 can one-shot armored buildings with some firepower or the bomb skill, and the 23s rip through soft targets and even put a dent on armored ones. The IL-2 is where you first get rockets and big cannons, so it's a milestone for the rest of the line. If you don't like either, then the rest of the line might not be better off. Imo use the free XP to max out the planes rather than skipping them, so you at least can see how it performs at optimal capacity. I know for sure the Tier IV GAAs can't do much of anything while stock with only a handful of machine guns as weapons, and the Stuka is pretty much incapable of doing ground attack while stock too :amazed:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Reitousair #22 Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5467 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 12 January 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

Regardless of module purchase it would be a good idea to research everything and elite your plane for additional pilot exp.

Right now I can only think of 1 plane where I wouldn't take the top upgrade on weapons (JU 87?) where I would keep the bombs mounted rather than the 37(?)mm cannon.

Hs 129 is the one that can get bombs, a 30mm cannon, or a 37mm cannon, however I usually take the 37mm since in mid-tiers it's still a decent performer against armored targets and it can delete enemies in an instant, but, still, bombs are a very good choice as well.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Reitousair #23 Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5467 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostLMG, on 12 January 2018 - 09:35 AM, said:

Personally I like both the Junkers, and their firepower is quite handy with some proper control (which helps in other lines as well). The Bsh-2 is actually quite scary for its tier; the FAB-100 can one-shot armored buildings with some firepower or the bomb skill, and the 23s rip through soft targets and even put a dent on armored ones. The IL-2 is where you first get rockets and big cannons, so it's a milestone for the rest of the line. If you don't like either, then the rest of the line might not be better off. Imo use the free XP to max out the planes rather than skipping them, so you at least can see how it performs at optimal capacity. I know for sure the Tier IV GAAs can't do much of anything while stock with only a handful of machine guns as weapons, and the Stuka is pretty much incapable of doing ground attack while stock too :amazed:

Indeed, all of those things are why I still like those aircraft, but, they do take a bit of getting used to, which is why some of my friends have found them to be... lackluster.

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

StoptheViolins #24 Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:23 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1470 battles
Ju 87 really needs it's bomb loadout for some good old dive bombing fun.  Just give them a bit faster reload timer.

MARS_REVENANT #25 Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:31 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3437 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostReitousair, on 12 January 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Indeed, all of those things are why I still like those aircraft, but, they do take a bit of getting used to, which is why some of my friends have found them to be... lackluster.

View PostStoptheViolins, on 12 January 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

Ju 87 really needs it's bomb loadout for some good old dive bombing fun.  Just give them a bit faster reload timer.

Sorry... i meant HS 129 B

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Reitousair #26 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5467 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostStoptheViolins, on 12 January 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

Sadly, if I recall correctly, the Ju-87G was never able to carry bombs. It only carried guns, so unfortunately I don't think we'll be getting any dive bombing fun with it anytime soon.

Also, if you get the Ju-87G, free XP the 37's, the 20's are not worth the pain, at all.

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

LMG #27 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1641 battles

View PostStoptheViolins, on 12 January 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

The in-game variant was made for cannons only, but I've said before that with 2.0 the dive bomber stuka could actually work at tier V or IV with a decent bomb and fast recharge time
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Wombatmetal #28 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:24 PM

• 754 battles

View PostLMG, on 12 January 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

The in-game variant was made for cannons only, but I've said before that with 2.0 the dive bomber stuka could actually work at tier V or IV with a decent bomb and fast recharge time

I think a Ju 87d with twin 20mm cannons could work at tier 4. Problem with the plane in game is it is entirely ordnance based damage

A Ju87b with 20 second reload might work

Or a premium Ju 187

Reitousair #29 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5467 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 12 January 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

I think a Ju 87d with twin 20mm cannons could work at tier 4. Problem with the plane in game is it is entirely ordnance based damage

A Ju87b with 20 second reload might work

Or a premium Ju 187

Could always get the Ju-87 D-5 and give it the ability to carry gunpods. Twelve .30 caliber MG's + two 20mm cannons or six 20mm cannons would be fairly powerful for mid-tiers.

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

StoptheViolins #30 Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:40 AM

• 1470 battles
WG likes to mix lines, just start off with like a D with a G body upgrade, then either allow bombs or guns.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users