Road To Rome: Breakthrough - worst setup for a map

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Reitousair #21 Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:53 PM

Senior Airman

• 1973 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View Postvcharng, on 12 January 2018 - 07:27 AM, said:

totally agreed. I hate those flight players as I think they are deliberately using the MM/playerbase problem to farm their win rates.

And yes, now in T9/T10 there are practically no fair fight, I play every game in my P.1102B either thinking I've become some of those platooners' practice target, or feeling sorry for that poor T9 guy who has to go against me.

I often flight up with friends in tier 6+ battles, usually WR isn't what anybody wants, it's more so protection against enemy flights and somebody you can coordinate better with, both of these still show a serious flaw with how flights work and the small numbers of players in high tiers. On another note, I fly tier 10's pretty much only with a friend since I don't see the point in them otherwise, and usually it works out similarly in my IL-40P, I either suffer the ire of the enemy team, or I feel horrible for the one poor tier 9 that has to go up against flighted 10's.

Still, there is another map on Road to Rome that has inversed garrisons and comms centers on each side with a mining plant at the top of the map, that map seems to usually come entirely down to who gets a GA/bomber and the one that gets a GA/bomber doesn't lose.

Edited by Reitousair, 12 January 2018 - 07:07 PM.

LMG #22 Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:27 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 793 battles

View PostReitousair, on 12 January 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

I often flight up with friends in tier 6+ battles, usually WR isn't what anybody wants, it's more so protection against enemy flights and somebody you can coordinate better with, both of these still show a serious flaw with how flights work and the small numbers of players in high tiers. On another note, I fly tier 10's pretty much only with a friend since I don't see the point in them otherwise, and usually it works out similarly in my IL-40P, I other suffer the ire of the enemy team, or I feel horrible for the one poor tier 9 that has to go up against flighted 10's.

Still, there is another map on Road to Rome that has inversed garrisons and comms centers on each side with a mining plant at the top of the map, that map seems to usually come entirely down to who gets a GA/bomber and the one that gets a GA/bomber doesn't lose.

Actually, the team that has the Command Center on the shore starts at a disadvantage if they don't coordinate properly. A group of decent fighters can cap the Command Center, otherwise the GAA has to go down there, which screws them up when it's time to hit the Mining Facility. I imagine the balancing factor would be that the people that cap the Garrison go to the Mining Facility to stop the GAAs on the other side, but surprise surprise, bot fighters never travel through that area unless lured by someone on the opposite team :facepalm:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

vcharng #23 Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:40 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1681 battles

View PostReitousair, on 12 January 2018 - 03:53 PM, said:

I often flight up with friends in tier 6+ battles, usually WR isn't what anybody wants, it's more so protection against enemy flights and somebody you can coordinate better with, both of these still show a serious flaw with how flights work and the small numbers of players in high tiers. On another note, I fly tier 10's pretty much only with a friend since I don't see the point in them otherwise, and usually it works out similarly in my IL-40P, I either suffer the ire of the enemy team, or I feel horrible for the one poor tier 9 that has to go up against flighted 10's.

Well that's what I would suggest you not to do. In the current situation of having very few players at higher tiers, platooning there almost equals to unfair play just by itself.

Given that many T10 players have the bad habit of flying in flights AND have one of them specializing in hunting down the lone enemy player (which, most certainly, entirely destroys any chance of playing, let alone winning, of said player), I would probably love to fly in a flight myself, but the problem is time zone, I live in GMT+8, with very, very few players online, and my only IRL friend who plays WOWP don't have a single T7, let alone T10.

And this is why T10 remains underpopulated despite we are seeing 6 player games (each side) in T5: solo players simply can't play in high tier as they will almost certainly be trolled by platonners. I would say this is not the best way to attract more players back into (and prevent them from leaving) WOWP, as what fun are we gonna have if we can't fly above T6?

SpiritFoxMY #24 Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:02 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 743 battles
There was a sealclubbing flight at tier 6/7 yday I kept running into that was wiping the map with us. Until I had the ridiculous good fortune of having Oliviako on my team. That was a fun game

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

vcharng #25 Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:31 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1681 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 15 January 2018 - 04:02 AM, said:

There was a sealclubbing flight at tier 6/7 yday I kept running into that was wiping the map with us. Until I had the ridiculous good fortune of having Oliviako on my team. That was a fun game

That was seriously lucky, as he spend most of his time flying his P.1102 B, presumably with premium rounds.

Klingon_Glory #26 Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:19 PM

Airman Basic

• 1022 battles
  • [QAPLA] QAPLA

I just wanted to send an honest and sincere 'Thank You' to all of the players who have commented in this thread. This is my first time back to the forums since posting it, and I was expecting to find maybe one or two responses. My biggest concern/fear was that I would receive the typical trolling of how much "I suck" and to "learn 2 play" or something to that effect. (I've had some bad experiences with other game forums)

I am really happy to see that we can have an open, continued, and genuine discussion because of players like all of you. Happy Flying and I look forward to seeing all of you in the skies.

Edited by Klingon_Glory, 15 January 2018 - 03:19 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users