One hour on Axis in final Albion day: Thinking about the three confrontation events thus far...

albion axis fail

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

pyantoryng #1 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:18 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 885 battles

I decided to take the Axis side on the final day...

The futility has to be felt firsthand to comprehend how much a failure Albion is...

One hour in, Axis down almost 3500 while Allied is less than 800 down...either people all dumped Allies today, or something fishy is going on with scoring...

Spoiler

Two minutes later...Axis moved down over a hundred, Allied moved down by 9

Spoiler

The Axis side, however, do have great box farmers of their own:

Spoiler

I don't recall getting scores this big (over 50 for a match) while playing Allies...

The few victories I had on Axis side were hard-fought...every day before this every matches were roflstomps on the Allies side, and hardly a chance to score big due to oversaturation and games over quickly via superiority, but at least it's consistent...

The balance they used in later stages of JPN threat and all of Thorhammer in shape of increased starting points doesn't exist, nor are there any commemorative medals (there were for both JPN threat and Thorhammer) to incentivize changing sides. It was pointless to do anything but Allies, just like the early stage of JPN threat, where people just fly GAA all day and grab their Thunders...

I have this suspicion that the Albion's scoring metrics is only the crate points players earn in a victory that counts...it's the only thing that makes sense when I noticed the two-minutes-later screenshot that I posted earlier when hundreds of points moved for Axis but only 9 for Allies. Achievements are impossible to earn during this period for unknown reason, apparently to make getting boxes fairer.

Back in 1.9, the scoring metrics were contribution to battle via "superiority" points you get from destroying targets (including chunks of them) and planes with the number of kills irrelevant to the war effort, while the number of kills along with those superiority points in intervals of 15 goes towards the crate points. You can score achievements during confrontations, the more important ones (e.g. Ace, Thunder, and epic achievements) which give bonus to crate points. That was why everybody gravitated towards GAA...as it is the easiest to earn an achievement in while contributing well towards the war effort by pounding ground, but the targets literally vanish in the overwhelming Allied GAA population and the competition was especially high during Thorhammer, to the point that nearly 10 planes or even more in one team can be GAA, the 23mm-equipped Ilyushins and NC 1070 actually had to go and kill the Messerschmitt GAA for their dough...Points go towards the war efforts whether it is victory or defeat, with victory giving more points to the war efforts.

The opaqueness over scoring metrics and forgetting/ignoring balancing made Albion what Japanese Threat was on course to intitially - A no contest. Japanese Threat managed to implement balancing like 4-5 days into it, and the balance was fully operational during Thorhammer making forecasting a good bit more difficult. For Albion, it's truly a no contest.

...I sure wonder what the pop looks like during Albion confrontation...Japanese Threat made WoWP's population reach its peak (i.e. over 900) for the first time since the New Year (can't remember year...) with the infamous Wheel of Fortune that gave way too many hangar slots...

Okay, I'm done spouting nonsense...I don't even know what I was writing about anymore at this point...the futility is excessive............

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:25 PM

Colonel

• 1573 battles
I have been told that WarGaming will not run another event in this way.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

ArrowZ_ #3 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:26 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 36 battles

Almost looked like whoever worked on the previous events weren't present for this one. They went a few

steps back with albion. Essentially the same concept as Thor's hammer and axis vs allies. The only difference is the hangar background... Lol

Oh and the maps. 

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

pyantoryng #4 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 885 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 11 January 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

So much for my gold source then if that's the case...:unsure:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

StoptheViolins #5 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:40 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1373 battles

I was left with the impression that the Axis would show up to win one box and then go do something else.

GhostPrime #6 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:47 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 55 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 11 January 2018 - 09:25 AM, said:

Where did you hear that at? This type of event is fairly popular. The new version of WoWP does lend to some challenges and changes from running it the old way.

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

pyantoryng #7 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:49 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 885 battles

View PostStoptheViolins, on 11 January 2018 - 05:40 PM, said:

I was left with the impression that the Axis would show up to win one box and then go do something else.

I win one box...hopefully in first match, and go back to sleep...

MARS_REVENANT #8 Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:00 PM

Colonel

• 1573 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on 11 January 2018 - 12:47 PM, said:

Where did you hear that at? This type of event is fairly popular. The new version of WoWP does lend to some challenges and changes from running it the old way.

It was a PM.  The event itself isn't the issue.  The issue is the users colluding so that 1 side is stacked with live players so they can win more crates.  If the event were modified to ensure relatively the same amount of live players each side it would be much better in terms of game play.  Essentially PVP.  ALBION, THOR'S HAMMER and JAPANESE THREAT have all run the exact same way.

Unfortunately our community would rather play PVE for prizing than play PVP for slightly less prizing.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

pyantoryng #9 Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:09 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 885 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 11 January 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

It was a PM.  The event itself isn't the issue.  The issue is the users colluding so that 1 side is stacked with live players so they can win more crates.  If the event were modified to ensure relatively the same amount of live players each side it would be much better in terms of game play.  Essentially PVP.  ALBION, THOR'S HAMMER and JAPANESE THREAT have all run the exact same way.

Unfortunately our community would rather play PVE for prizing than play PVP for slightly less prizing.

Lots of prizes are on the line...gold, tier 8 prem...and WG don't want to do another Wheel of Fortune...there's literally no reason not to go for the maximum boxes...

MARS_REVENANT #10 Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:15 PM

Colonel

• 1573 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 11 January 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

Lots of prizes are on the line...gold, tier 8 prem...and WG don't want to do another Wheel of Fortune...there's literally no reason not to go for the maximum boxes...

The only reason is playing PVE for almost a month rather than PVP competitive play.  Basically they handed out high value participation trophies.

Einssniper #11 Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1449 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Postpyantoryng, on 11 January 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

99% of my boxes are useless consumables and 'verification's, and I got nothing else from loot crates except on the first day I got a 

blueprint of RB-17, which I completed instantly since I got many tokens at that time. I don't get how they can't even balance the event

by simple programming techniques: if allies are ahead 1000 points, then give axis that much of points the next day, if allies are ahead

several thousand points, then give axis the several thousand points the next day! Rigged tip point mech is not even needed if they adjust

points of each side, and ppl will start to falter and move to different factions.

Edited by Einssniper, 11 January 2018 - 06:23 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #12 Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:30 PM

Colonel

• 1573 battles

View PostEinssniper, on 11 January 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

99% of my boxes are useless consumables and 'verification's, and I got nothing else from loot crates except on the first day I got a 

blueprint of RB-17, which I completed instantly since I got many tokens at that time. I don't get how they can't even balance the event

by simple programming techniques: if allies are ahead 1000 points, then give axis that much of points the next day, if allies are ahead

several thousand points, then give axis the several thousand points the next day! Rigged tip point mech is not even needed if they adjust

points of each side, and ppl will start to falter and move to different factions.

That's how the first 2 events were run... each time players colluded and picked the winning side.  It wasn't hard to estimate.  Play allies for 2 days, then switch to axis for 2 days, then switch back.

pyantoryng #13 Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:38 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 885 battles

Einssniper, said programming didn't carryover. Japanese Threat and Thorhammer had it.

I found the memobrilla for Skies of Albion...then I realized that matches take much more time these days...

MARS_REVENANT #14 Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:48 PM

Colonel

• 1573 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 11 January 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

Einssniper, said programming didn't carryover. Japanese Threat and Thorhammer had it.

I found the memobrilla for Skies of Albion...then I realized that matches take much more time these days...

Ne the programming didnt carry over. But was not effective in the firt place. Point handicap or not, players gamed the system.  All 3 events ended up PVE for the most part with the bulk of players dictating the winning side.

StoptheViolins #15 Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:57 PM

• 1373 battles

The work around is offering unique things - win/lose - for playing a specific side and getting X number of in game stat things.  Whether it be cool unique nose art, cammo, plane stickers, or something unique to the event players will play a side just to get things.

It'd also be a great and different way to introduce new things like maps, planes, game types, etc.

LMG #16 Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:18 PM

• 788 battles
Imo, not taking the new planes hostage would have helped aleviate the event somewhat. I, for one, wanted to try the new bombers out, but I had to get lucky with the lootboxes. Because of that, I had to get quite a few lootboxes to have a proper chance to fly one of the bombers, which means optimally I had to run Allies to get twice the amount of lootboxes (which I ended up not doing anyways simply because playing vs bots 24/7 became fairly boring due to how bad their GAAs and Bombers play). If people could have researched the planes right from the start, then you'd have people that want to fly the bombers on the Axis side and the ones that want to do the british multiroles on Allies. It might still not fix all the problems, but at least it gives players one less reason to just dogpile on one side :sceptic:
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SkyWolf__WM #17 Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:44 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1025 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

I got a lot of crap in my crates but I also got 2-3 low tier planes, the -3 zero. 2 Hurricanes and a Tornado, the Do whateverthehell it is. I think that's it. Also gold, Free XP and coin. 

I was happy enough.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

legoboy0401 #18 Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 322 battles

View PostLMG, on 11 January 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

Imo, not taking the new planes hostage would have helped aleviate the event somewhat. I, for one, wanted to try the new bombers out, but I had to get lucky with the lootboxes. Because of that, I had to get quite a few lootboxes to have a proper chance to fly one of the bombers, which means optimally I had to run Allies to get twice the amount of lootboxes (which I ended up not doing anyways simply because playing vs bots 24/7 became fairly boring due to how bad their GAAs and Bombers play). If people could have researched the planes right from the start, then you'd have people that want to fly the bombers on the Axis side and the ones that want to do the british multiroles on Allies. It might still not fix all the problems, but at least it gives players one less reason to just dogpile on one side :sceptic:

You will never learn. WG ALWAYS takes new planes hostage, and forces players to either play a grindy, buggy, rigged game mode or buy containers that may or may not contain them inside to get them early.

Yes, it sucks.

Random Thoughts Of The Day:

World of Warplanes? More like World of Bots-that-are-designed-to-fail-so-you-lose-as-often-as-you-win.

Heavy Fighters? More like Obsolete Flying Bricks.

Attack Aircraft? More like Bomber-wannabes.

pyantoryng #19 Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:15 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 885 battles

View Postlegoboy0401, on 11 January 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

You will never learn. WG ALWAYS takes new planes hostage, and forces players to either play a grindy, buggy, rigged game mode or buy containers that may or may not contain them inside to get them early.

Yes, it sucks.

It's as if they have forgotten how to release tech trees normally...like, you know, Tanks and Ships. Early access is meaningless when you only play in confrontation anyway.

...the BV210 was worth all the hundreds of thousands FEXP spent for itself and its upgrades when it was first released though...the R4M were literally fingers of death and it got some bad rap amongst the "skill" crowd of the forums...

Destroyer_Suzukaze #20 Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:18 PM

• 678 battles

A simple answer is to give the same loot to both teams. Give bonus boxes based on performance. I played 5 matches, give me a loot box. 10, give me 2. Bonus boxes depend on my performance.

As long as it's tied to victory people will find a way to game the system

Also tagged with albion, axis, fail

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users