P47B

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

CruzANDBruz #1 Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5005 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Okay, not new to WOWP but pretty new to Tier 6. So, how do you fly the P47B? It's not fast enough to get away from much when doing a boom/zoom and certainly can't turn and burn. I recognized this before spending all my experience on researching it, but I had a free 100% trained female pilot with a few skills I'd been saving since last year's conquest, so I figured I'd buy the P47B and use it to kill heavies and help clear ground threats when capturing neutral sites. Problem is, doing these two things ain't winning many battles. I only have a few battles in it, probably about a dozen, I realize I'm only starting the learning process on this airplane but thought some of you could help make the learning process a little less painful. Any words of wisdom? I'm all ears.

Edited by CruzANDBruz, 11 January 2018 - 03:40 PM.

pyantoryng #2 Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:16 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1303 battles

Upgrade airframe for 8 guns ASAP...oh wait, you exhausted your entire EXP stock...

Don't hesitate to spray and pray...you don't have 8 guns for nothing.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

MARS_REVENANT #3 Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:19 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3215 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

Thats funny, someone was asking the same question during my twitch stream last night, so I took mne out and showed how I would do it.

Check out my broadcast from last night.  Scroll to the end, it the P47B was the last battle I flew. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/217412646

REGARDS_

MARS_

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Fly_Time #4 Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:23 PM

Master Sergeant

• 140 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
First suggestion,dont use free xp to purchase planes. Fly the previous plane to earn research points to buy the next plane in line,that way you will have your free xp to upgrade. has worked well for me!

StoptheViolins #5 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:49 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1470 battles
I use it like a fast GA plane.  Zoom in, blow stuff up, and head for the nearest pack of allied planes so they can clean your tail off.  After your tail is clear, get some altitude, find a straggler, dive in on them, use your speed from the dive to get away, repeat.

Mercsn #6 Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:29 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

P47b is pretty fast.  It's just not as strong in the tier as the XP-44 is in tier 5.  To do well in the P-47b, you're really going to need a team that can handle itself and an enemy team that isn't full of veteran or ace bots that are headhunting you (which is what I got the last 3 times I flew the plane).  I'd rate the P-47B as garbage; it's just too dependent on the teams you draw (both blue and red).   Which is sad because the XP-44, its predecessor in tier 5, is fun.

It's a bit like the FW190s...either you have an affinity for them, or you don't.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

CruzANDBruz #7 Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5005 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I'm fully upgraded, equipment-wise. That's one reason I had to spend so much xp on research. 

Mars, thanks for the link. Enjoyed it. 

Mercsn, you're probably spot on, but I'm going to give it an honest personal try-out. I understand that some people do quite well in it. It reminds me of the 1.9 version of the P-36. It didn't turn fight well and wasn't fast enough to get away after booming. Then again, some pilots could wreak havoc with the P-36. 

egikov #8 Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:42 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1371 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
Thunderbolts are very fun planes. You just have to know your enemies - light, high altitude fighters like mustangs and bf-109s, stay away from them. And know your targets: ground targets, ground attack planes, heavies, bombers, light fighters in mid and low altitude. Keep the speed high, and stay at altitude when there is danger below.

LMG #9 Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1469 battles

View PostStoptheViolins, on 11 January 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

I use it like a fast GA plane.  Zoom in, blow stuff up, and head for the nearest pack of allied planes so they can clean your tail off.  After your tail is clear, get some altitude, find a straggler, dive in on them, use your speed from the dive to get away, repeat.

I actually spotted a P-47 B doing this. Except there were no pack of allied planes, just GAAs. He got shot down every single time, once even stalling an early game Military Base capture, which escalated into a full hostile takeover

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users