I Am Happy Albion is Over

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

StoptheViolins #1 Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:07 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1373 battles

Now I am no longer limited during my play time to half my planes.  Mix in the sheer number of kill stealing, ally ramming moths whose sole strategy is to just fly around the middle of the map like it's a light bulb.

Why can't I get more than 2 bars mastery in my MR?  See above!

Why do I keep losing 1k CP?  See above!

Why are players mad at me when I dive full speed into them? See above, heavies.

Yesterday I must have been rammed 5 times by some no skilled team member in a heavy when they saw I was making my masteries.  

They were all trying to get the kill stolen.  Most of them finished in the sewers where they belonged.

Don't get me wrong, there was plenty of good players clearing tails, working to clear ground targets, and generally being team players.  I had more than a few good games with great players.

It's just the greedy buttheads camping or literally shooting through me try to get the last shot in on my target vs trying to clear our tails.

Thankfully they were not in every match and the really good teams made me forget the bad ones for a bit.

Now to go play against some meatbags to get gooder.

pyantoryng #2 Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:17 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 892 battles
Finally I can get proper sleep...:hiding:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Lt_Huber #3 Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:30 AM

Senior Airman

• 463 battles
  • [VHS] VHS

Im not worried about any of that. Albion was a 100% piece of cake event when you could play it. It was just a bot kill fest, like shooting fish in a barrel for the allies. Almost every game I played in it was 4-5 human players vs 0 on the enemy team. It was a great stat padding event (when you could actually time it right to play it, ugh).

Im just happy its over so I get get rid of the horrible hangar noise. I would trade almost anything to get rid of that. 

Einssniper #4 Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1493 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Why I played axis even I chose allies: I enjoyed playing against

players instead of bots. Now win rate means nothing to me, and

when you really do not care about it you can fly axis no matter

what side you choose. A majority of players tend to choose allies

cuz they care too much about win rate, which is not even a valid

measure of how good a player is. No one has said the ranking is based

on win rate, and WG has fooled us all: the ranking you see at the first

sight is based on win rate, but as you click upon other stats it shows

different ranking. I enjoyed the process of flying and shooting, as well

as coordination with other axis players, not the outcome of the battle.

P.S. a lot of ppl in the past fly only t1-2 planes and could have over

90% win rate, is it meaningful? IDK but they are majorly toast at high

tier.

Edited by Einssniper, 11 January 2018 - 03:45 AM.

LMG #5 Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:14 AM

• 793 battles

I'm happy I can finally research the bombers. I did get lucky enough to score a Hurricane II, which I like oddly enough, but I want to try the new ground pounders :(

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Bobby_Tables #6 Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:14 AM

• 1090 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

I am very glad this event is over and now might actually start playing again.  

The event was poorly planned and the Axis vs. Allies was proven to be a massive fail in prior events so I cannot imagine why they tried it yet again.  Probably the two remaining programmers figured they could patch together old code to make it work.  

When I did play, the chance to win 10 gold or sparklers was not a very motivating factor.  The loot crates were the worst I have ever seen in an event.  WG probably shot themselves in the foot yet again in trying to generate interest with a poorly planned and poorly executed event.  

Bring back forum-based challenges for real gold winnings.  If WG does a future event, drop the Axis vs. Allies theme, it's a non-starter and WG should have figured that out by now.  

Hurk #7 Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:41 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 256 battles
  • [KGR] KGR
personally they need to remove all the completion mechanics completely. one of the greatest aspects of WoT is the lack of need to be the one to kill a target or cap, etc.
In Theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice.
In Practice, there is.

Zhoyzu #8 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:50 AM

Master Sergeant

• 443 battles
sounds like you shoulda played Axis

Destroyer_Suzukaze #9 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:59 AM

• 678 battles
I will be very happy to see all the crows die tomorrow

vcharng #10 Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1681 battles

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 11 January 2018 - 05:59 AM, said:

I will be very happy to see all the crows die tomorrow

They can have a Albion Part Two: Kill the @*^$ing Crows! Get on your planes, and shoot down all those noisy Crowplanes! Bombers and Attackers should also destroy their nests!

And this will be a better event than Albion itself.

comtedumas #11 Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:48 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2425 battles
  • [FK] FK
I liked it but for the game to remain fresh there needs to,be changes now and then.  so, patch tomorrow and when do the new aircraft get added to the trees?  
Heard on the forum.  "1.9 was a hardcore air combat sim.  And it had a lead indicator"  HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MagusGerhardt #12 Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:23 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 394 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postcomtedumas, on 10 January 2018 - 11:48 PM, said:

I liked it but for the game to remain fresh there needs to,be changes now and then.  so, patch tomorrow and when do the new aircraft get added to the trees?  

If the event-related release of previous lines is any indicator we'll have them after the post-event patch.  So, Thursday.  :B

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

novarius #13 Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:39 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 45 battles
I rather enjoyed Albion. New to WoWP, But I'm hoping they have stuff like that regularly. 

Well, Newly returned I should say.

Edited by novarius, 11 January 2018 - 07:39 AM.

poisonousblood #14 Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:18 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2674 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostBobby_Tables, on 11 January 2018 - 04:14 AM, said:

I am very glad this event is over and now might actually start playing again.  

The event was poorly planned and the Axis vs. Allies was proven to be a massive fail in prior events so I cannot imagine why they tried it yet again.  Probably the two remaining programmers figured they could patch together old code to make it work.  

When I did play, the chance to win 10 gold or sparklers was not a very motivating factor.  The loot crates were the worst I have ever seen in an event.  WG probably shot themselves in the foot yet again in trying to generate interest with a poorly planned and poorly executed event.  

Bring back forum-based challenges for real gold winnings.  If WG does a future event, drop the Axis vs. Allies theme, it's a non-starter and WG should have figured that out by now.  

I played 12 days, won all german bombers, tier 8 german multirole premium, 700 gold... this event was rewarding.

I think WG knew this even will be one sided. They didn't change any rules after few days the event started, which means, they wanted everybody to have a chance to win something. I think this is nice of WG. I think this reduced a lot of frustrations in players who might have lost the chance of winning 2 extra loot boxes. Did you know that one day the WoWp community decided to change to Axis and when the Axis won, one guy was so furious, ranting in forums, blaming WG as if his life depended on this event. He made a big fool of himself.

All I am saying, this was a very nice event, maybe the timing for US players was a bit odd, but for EU it was manageable midnight till 3 AM. And many people have won a lot more than me. So you shouldn't have just gave up.

Edited by poisonousblood, 11 January 2018 - 09:20 AM.

poisonousblood #15 Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:21 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2674 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postcomtedumas, on 11 January 2018 - 06:48 AM, said:

New aircrafts will be added in the patch. You can also buy the premium bombers for gold after the patch.

Einssniper #16 Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1493 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Postpoisonousblood, on 11 January 2018 - 04:18 AM, said:

I played 12 days, won all german bombers, tier 8 german multirole premium, 700 gold... this event was rewarding.

I think WG knew this even will be one sided. They didn't change any rules after few days the event started, which means, they wanted everybody to have a chance to win something. I think this is nice of WG. I think this reduced a lot of frustrations in players who might have lost the chance of winning 2 extra loot boxes. Did you know that one day the WoWp community decided to change to Axis and when the Axis won, one guy was so furious, ranting in forums, blaming WG as if his life depended on this event. He made a big fool of himself.

All I am saying, this was a very nice event, maybe the timing for US players was a bit odd, but for EU it was manageable midnight till 3 AM. And many people have won a lot more than me. So you shouldn't have just gave up.'s

I don't get how you constantly say good words for WG without thinking (typical of tank ppl?). This event has run out of control: even the old handicapped system

did not work. Back in old days there were still a lot of ppl and even clans dedicated to playing axis and they did win several days. This year's event has been a 

great failure in which many issues are exposed: less active ppl, imbalance of planes in different factions, and worship of win rate without actually enjoying the shooting

game.

StoptheViolins #17 Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:33 PM

• 1373 battles

View PostEinssniper, on 11 January 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

I don't get how you constantly say good words for WG without thinking (typical of tank ppl?). This event has run out of control: even the old handicapped system

did not work. Back in old days there were still a lot of ppl and even clans dedicated to playing axis and they did win several days. This year's event has been a 

great failure in which many issues are exposed: less active ppl, imbalance of planes in different factions, and worship of win rate without actually enjoying the shooting

game.

I don't care about win rate.  I do care about having fun.  Spending 3 minutes to get into a match, having the match last 6-10 minutes, and then spending another 2-3 minutes getting back into the hangar was a waste of time and 2x XP.  Over zealous folks (which included me sometimes I must admit) forgot that.  With all Axis bots only the most dedicated folks could lose (happened several times) so why not let them keep a cap to drag out the game to farm more CP and mastery?

On the plus side I did get time to grind out some T9's in the US line.  The down side I never felt challenged until I fought meatbags but by then I was sloppy after fighting bots.

poisonousblood #18 Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2674 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostEinssniper, on 11 January 2018 - 03:16 PM, said:

game.

View PostStoptheViolins, on 11 January 2018 - 03:33 PM, said:

I don't care about win rate.  I do care about having fun.  Spending 3 minutes to get into a match, having the match last 6-10 minutes, and then spending another 2-3 minutes getting back into the hangar was a waste of time and 2x XP.  Over zealous folks (which included me sometimes I must admit) forgot that.  With all Axis bots only the most dedicated folks could lose (happened several times) so why not let them keep a cap to drag out the game to farm more CP and mastery?

On the plus side I did get time to grind out some T9's in the US line.  The down side I never felt challenged until I fought meatbags but by then I was sloppy after fighting bots.

I have other things in life to be competitive. All I want is to come back home, sit in front of my pc, have some fun with the time i spend on playing video games. 

And hey, I won a free tier 8 premium plane like literally doing nothing compared to WoT, what else can I ask from WG? In WoT you have to work for a month to get one tier 8 premium tank. I played only 6 hours with breaks in between and lucky enough it was a saturday.

if people dont like the current game, let it be, there will be some folks like me who like it. We will have a small community and enjoy whatever we get.

Will we be getting over this game soon? heck yea we will! we will find another game, it isn't like the world will end tomorrow and I have to enjoy every single competitive game available!

I had enough with World of Tanks. I have been super competitive and what did i get in the end? nothing. 2600 WN8 means nothing.

gaming is my hobby, I am not earning any money from it therefore I do not need to be competitive. It is a fun game.

Edited by poisonousblood, 11 January 2018 - 09:04 PM.

Einssniper #19 Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1493 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Postpoisonousblood, on 11 January 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

I have other things in life to be competitive. All I want is to come back home, sit in front of my pc, have some fun with the time i spend on playing video games. 

And hey, I won a free tier 8 premium plane like literally doing nothing compared to WoT, what else can I ask from WG? In WoT you have to work for a month to get one tier 8 premium tank. I played only 6 hours with breaks in between and lucky enough it was a saturday.

if people dont like the current game, let it be, there will be some folks like me who like it. We will have a small community and enjoy whatever we get.

Will we be getting over this game soon? heck yea we will! we will find another game, it isn't like the world will end tomorrow and I have to enjoy every single competitive game available!

I had enough with World of Tanks. I have been super competitive and what did i get in the end? nothing. 2600 WN8 means nothing.

gaming is my hobby, I am not earning any money from it therefore I do not need to be competitive. It is a fun game.

The thing is, the company and game will not improve if it receives too much positive reviews

Rico_CotC_ #20 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:30 AM

Master Sergeant

• 132 battles
Having played Axis from start to finish, I didn't get much loot.  But then again, I'm not about the loot.  I would rather play against humans than seal-club bots.  I actually got to see BEARSS in a game.  Not soon enough, but got to see him nonetheless.  I wish he would have been in the subsequent game, because I would have gone hunting for him.  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users