Jump to content


Bots are the most important thing in this game

lets improve them

  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Desmios #1 Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:22 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1215 battles
  • 251
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Hey all,

 

  Without bots, I wouldn't be here.  Why?  Because 90% of all the games I play are me versus 1 other person, and the rest of the roster filled out with bots.

 

   Why not give us some semblance of control over bots, especially if we are in a fighter?  Being in a fighter and watching your whole team of bots cluster over a garrison while a mining plant goes completely untouched hurts me deep inside.

 

  We already have the 'attacking X', and 'requesting support'.  Why not have bots react to that?  Why not have them head to pings on the map?

 

  I say when there is only 1 human player per team, give them some bot control.

 

my 2cents

 

thanks all



Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:37 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 1214 battles
  • 4,767
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

the answer is two letters

W

G

you are not even allowed to question what goes on behind the curtain...

if you do you might hear:

1 SOON

2 Can't make it happen

3 We're working on your concerns

4 Huh?

 


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


MelBrooks #3 Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:03 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 12 battles
  • 1,445
  • Member since:
    01-18-2014
You will tolerate and enjoy our junior high level AI programming comrade....

Perco_lator #4 Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:23 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 11 battles
  • 871
  • Member since:
    08-15-2015

View PostDesmios, on 09 January 2018 - 01:22 AM, said:

Hey all,

 

  Without bots, I wouldn't be here.  Why?  Because 90% of all the games I play are me versus 1 other person, and the rest of the roster filled out with bots.

 

   Why not give us some semblance of control over bots, especially if we are in a fighter?  Being in a fighter and watching your whole team of bots cluster over a garrison while a mining plant goes completely untouched hurts me deep inside.

 

  We already have the 'attacking X', and 'requesting support'.  Why not have bots react to that?  Why not have them head to pings on the map?

 

  I say when there is only 1 human player per team, give them some bot control.

 

my 2cents

 

thanks all

 

If you are letting bots hurt you deep inside then perhaps you should think about taking a different approach.

morinput #5 Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:23 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 454 battles
  • 3
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    08-01-2016
I just wish the AI were more intelligent maybe go to an area thats being pinged, and be able to actually shoot down other planes.

LMG #6 Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:40 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2436 battles
  • 1,977
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

They have actually been tuning the bots. Previously Bot GAAs and Bombers would never try to take Airfields, which meant they would just circle around wherever they ended up until something else got captured. Now they will go there if there are no other targets available. I also believe they modified Bot Light and Multirole fighters so they don't take priority in capturing Military Bases (which is good because they never attack ground targets, and there's only two Air Defense Aircraft).

 

They're getting smarter :ohmy:


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Desmios #7 Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:57 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1215 battles
  • 251
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostLMG, on 09 January 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

They have actually been tuning the bots. Previously Bot GAAs and Bombers would never try to take Airfields, which meant they would just circle around wherever they ended up until something else got captured. Now they will go there if there are no other targets available. I also believe they modified Bot Light and Multirole fighters so they don't take priority in capturing Military Bases (which is good because they never attack ground targets, and there's only two Air Defense Aircraft).

 

They're getting smarter :ohmy:

 

one step at a time I suppose

nwlxn12 #8 Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:05 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1408 battles
  • 345
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012
Bots are the most important thing in a PvP orientated game.  I can't wait till they make them so smart that humans won't be needed at all.

SpiritFoxMY #9 Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:14 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4917 battles
  • 2,740
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View PostLMG, on 09 January 2018 - 05:40 PM, said:

They have actually been tuning the bots. Previously Bot GAAs and Bombers would never try to take Airfields, which meant they would just circle around wherever they ended up until something else got captured. Now they will go there if there are no other targets available. I also believe they modified Bot Light and Multirole fighters so they don't take priority in capturing Military Bases (which is good because they never attack ground targets, and there's only two Air Defense Aircraft).

 

They're getting smarter :ohmy:

 

I could have sworn there was a major buff to the bot's AI recently. As in "Two days ago". Either that or I've been hit with an exceptionally large number of "Ace" bots because the games I've been in have felt tougher and rougher than before. They've been more focused on hunting people (me!) down, more willing to close in and stick with me through my maneuvers, chasing further and longer than before, and seemingly more likely to gang up on an individual (me!) and just spray him down.

 

I've also noticed fewer instances of bots swarming after bomber streams (although this has been a double edged sword and has been happening for a couple of weeks now. 

 

Maybe I've just been too reckless lately. I've been trying out a number premiums like the Tomahawk IIb and Ki-43-Ic so it could also be I've let their playstyle bleed into my German games. Regardless though, I've had the longest losing streak in my entire WoWp career to date since Sunday, with only a one in six or seven win rate over the past two days and a lot of them have been against bot-heavy teams. Either I'm slacking or I'm suffering the dreaded "bot quality imbalance" problem that others have been talking about.


***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


SpiritFoxMY #10 Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:15 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4917 battles
  • 2,740
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View Postnwlxn12, on 09 January 2018 - 06:05 PM, said:

Bots are the most important thing in a PvP orientated game.  I can't wait till they make them so smart that humans won't be needed at all.

 

To be fair, I've had my share of human players who make bots look like Eric Hartmann. 

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


nwlxn12 #11 Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:18 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1408 battles
  • 345
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 09 January 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

 

To be fair, I've had my share of human players who make bots look like Eric Hartmann. 

 

When WG starts spending more time working on the bots rather than figuring out how to attract and keep players, what does that say about this game?  It was WG mishandling of this game in the first place that caused them to implement the bots in the first place.

Rockstone_ #12 Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Alpha tester
  • 5 battles
  • 1,011
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
  • Member since:
    02-18-2012

BAH BOTS:  There was a time long ago there wasn't a bot to be seen, when its was human against human no excuses you die you die no re spawn, squall line etc  It was time when skill meant something. 

A great flying game flushed down the toilet for whatever reason by wowp powers to be.:sceptic:

 


                                                                                                                                                                                               

Noreaga #13 Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:02 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • 3,065
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    03-05-2012

guys to be fair to WG, they are advertising WOWP like a champ. One page i was on had 4 wowp ads and 1 floating wowp ad. let me know if you notice a big uptick in player number (like 2 vs 2). 

 

curious.


Nimis obnoxii curare


Desmios #14 Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:48 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1215 battles
  • 251
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
What are the different levels of bots and how do you know which you are against?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users